Would you stay at Disney Campground if that was the only way you could go?

Would you stay at Disney Campground with a tent if that was the only way to go?

• Yes

Votes: 85 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 37.5%

• Total voters

mike10

Original Poster
If this was the only way to be able to go to Disney that year was to camp out with a tent no RV or pop-up tent camper just a plain old tent in the ground would you still go to Disney?

I know if that was the only way I could go I still would do it just suck it up for that year and I HATE camping. But I love Disney more than I hate camping so I would do it.

LoriMistress

IMHO, I don't care for camping. My idea of camping is staying at a cabin, with A/C, heater, and running clean water. I'm a city girl.

mousebymarriage

I hate to admit it but, as much as I love Disney I just couldn't do it if I had to sleep in a tent. I am definately not an outdoorsy kind of girl. I don't mind getting dirty and stuff but, I need my air conditioning to sleep esp. in Florida plus I really just like electricity and indoor plumbing.:)

mike10

Original Poster
I can definitely see you guys point I was a born city boy lol my wife laughs at me a lot since she is a born country girl. But I just couldn't pass up Disney one thing I will give the campground and not sure it's at any resort but they actually had a convenient store on the campground with things you can buy at your local grocery store.

HouCuseChickie

I know maybe is not the answer anyone wants to hear, but it's the best I've got.

I would not camp in a tent during the warmer months, but possibly in the cooler months. I think it would also be more fun if it were a group of us camping and not just my immediate family. DH was an Eagle Scout (so camping is no biggie to him) and we do this annual Christmas campout each year with tons of family and friends- so it sounds like it might be fun if we could replicate some of that at WDW. I am SOOOOOOOOO not the camping type. I remember my first year at campout I was shocked that we were sleeping in tents and not cabins, but I've learned to make it work...with the help of things like air mattresses, multi room tent with high ceiling, LED lanterns, camp stove, and of course- a fully functional bathroom including a shower and tub. Oh yeah- and the tip over safe space heater hooked up to miles of extension cords to get it to my tent (it's really more for the kids). :lol:

tink282010

I would stay in a tent as long as it wasn't the warmer months. I think the heat during those months might be a bit much to be staying in a tent. However, for going to Disney, it would not be my first choice, but a last resort to be able to go.

mickey2008.1

i would do it in a heartbeat! but no wife! just me and the kids, or maybe just the boy. It would have to be october. It would be totaly worth it for me and the kids. Fun by day, fun by night. My kids love camp fires and marshmallows, throw in mickey, and its all on.

Valo216

I stayed in a tent the last 2 trips. When my grandparents take there RV down I always pop a tent on the campsite so i get to stay for free almost. While I would much rather have a bed, if its the only way you can afford to go its not so bad. BTW if you go in November or February, prepare to freeze.

SAV

Heck YEAH!! I love to camp and wouldn't mind it a bit. I just need at tent and my air mattress and I'd be good to go.

Mukta

Nah. Part of the charm for me is the all-inclusive-luxury-vacation aspect. The tent wouldn't cut it for me.

majorrfb

Camping, YES

If a tent's the only way to the World, then yes! Fort Wilderness area is
very nice and has all the amenities. I have not camped personally,
but have visited friends there and the camp ground has a community unto its self. Have a blast.:wave:

disneygirl1

I am by no means a girl who like the "great outdoors", but if that is the only way I could swing Disney I'd do it in a heart beat!

NORMNB8S

Obviously that isn't my ideal situation, but per your question, if that were the only way that I could make it to Disney, then yes I would camp out. I wouldn't go during the summer though. That would be too hot for my tastes. Now, I'd probably be by myself on this trip too because my wife does not camp. Not even for Disney.

ritchie56

Well, I would in the cooler months, but not the summer. But the Disney camp ground is so expensive, it isn't all that much more to stay at the All Stars. Especially if you can get a deal on the hotel room, since there aren't discounts on a tent site. For me, it would be worth the extra $$$, so I'd advise anybody to really price things out before making a decision like that.

Tiggerfanatic

Absolutely not - I don't sleep in a tent for ANYONE, not even the Mouse. I wouldn't even do it if they promised that Harrison Ford would be sharing it with me - NO TENTS!

Blueliner

Without any hesitation, I'd throw the tent and other camping gear in the car and head to Ft. Wilderness -- as long as we are talking about some time other than June through September.

I have great memories of camping at Fort Wilderness. In college, my girlfriend (now wife of 14 years) and I camped in a tent there during Mardi Gras break for two years in a row. We saved our pennies and managed to squeeze those two trips out of one set of annual passes. We were on a tight budget. We packed a lot of breakfast and lunch groceries so that we would have a little cash for dinners in the park and beverages at, among other places, the Rose and Crown. We could have stayed off property at a hotel, but we really enjoyed being on property.

In my opinion, Fort Wilderness has a great vibe to it, and it is quite civilized for a campground in terms of the bathrooms, swimming pools, store, etc. It is a great place to decompress after a long fun day at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom