Worst WDW Vacation EVER!!!!!

I just returned from a 10 day stay at the WDW Carribean Beach Resort. This was my 20th time staying inside of the park....In general, I always come home impressed and in awe that after 18 years of visiting the parks they still provide a level of enjoyment unmatched by anywhere else in the world....Not this time however...I need to vent on this thread. This last stay may have been the worst 10 days i've ever spent away from home. I'm not sure what to do, or who to complain to.....Heres a list of everything that went wrong.

1) The folks working for the Magical Express service lost my luggage upon my arrival. It took a 11 hours for them to find it.

2) On the way to the hotel, the bus driver turned off the disney video's and music and instead put on his favorite radio station on and blasted the sound system to the point where the speakers began to distort.

3) Not a single cast member (no exageration) working in the food court said "your welcome", "please", "thank you", after any transaction. One of them actually told me "hurry up" because he thought I was taking to long while I was putting the wrinkled reciept and change he gave me into my wallet.

4) Sombody spilt a massive amount of ketchup on the stairs leading to my room...after several calls to the front desk to complain, noboby came out to clean it up...after a few days it began to morph into a graveyard for dead love bugs and took on a horrible stench. Its probaly still there. In general the Resort was very dirty...empty been cans on the beachs, cigarette buts everywhere, over flowing garbage from almost every can in the the food court, ect...

5) I broke my foot at Blizzard Beach (my own fault completely....I thought I just sprained it at first). When I got back to my room I called Center Care and requested a bus come and pick me up so I could get checked by a doctor. The woman on the phone told me the bus would arrive in 20 minutes and to walk to the front desk. I called the front desk to see if anyone could send a wheel chair over for me...the Cast member told me "No i'm sorry" and my jaw almost hit the floor. I limped all the way over to the customs house and waited for an hour and a half. The bus never showed up. When I got back to my room I called Center Care and the woman I spoke with told me I wasen't even on a list to be picked up, she had no idea who I was, and was unaware I called earlier...In a fit of anger I hung up on her, took some motrin and went to sleep (still unaware of the severity of my injury). The next day I deciced man it up and tag along with my friends to Animal Kingdom...Within a few minutes of walking around the park my foot swelled up and I called it quits. I went to the first Aid station and told them the what happened with the bus the previous day. They were appalled...They were nice enough to get a bus for me within 15 minutes.

6) My party and I ate at Alfredos where, to my amazement, our waiter screwed our order up to the point that only one person recieved the correct dish. The next night we ate at Mama Melrose's in MGM. Just as we arrived the urinals in the mens room flooded and filled half the lobby with with septic water. No disinfectant was sprayed...after it was cleaned 20 minutes later...To top it off, our server here also screwed our order up and my salmon was RAW in the middle.

7) Almost every cast member I ran into at the Magic Kingdom had a puss on thier face as if they absolutly hated thier job. I totally understand its hard to work with a smile and maintain your composure in the heat, and around screaming kids, but come on....If your really not that happy with your job...quit.

8) The parks were filled with people on scooters...I have no problem with people riding in them, but I do have a problem with people honking at to get out of the way while i'm limping on one foot. My girlfriend was acutally hit by a man on a scooter.....the second it happened he jumped off and ran to first aid....I know this was an accident....but if he was able to jump out of the vehicle and run to first aid...why was he in a scooter in the first place???....I think people are taking advantage this service. Its a shame too...I feel for the people who actually need them.

9) Finally....My luggage believe it or not, was lost again on the way home....I'm not sure if it was the airline's fault or the people at who checked my bags at the hotel, but it showed up almost an two hours after I landed, with luggage on a flight from Boston....I have no idea.......a horrible ending to a horrible trip.

I'm sorry if i'm ranting and raving...but I feel soooo cheated. I'm not sure what to do. I love Disney, and I've always had an amazing time there...so in a way I wouldn't feel justified to complain and cause a stink because this is the first time I've had a horrible experience.....On the other hand I feel like I was treated in a way that unfit for such an amazing company. What should I do?

Again...sorry to post this long message...I just needed to vent.

hls1023

Me and my then boyfriend now husband stayed there in I think was 2001. It was the day that it opened after being closed for quite some time for renovation. We had a HORRIBLE time. When we got to our room (about 7:00pm) our TV didn't work so we called the front desk and it took 3 hours for the maintenace person to get there to tell us that our TV was broken (Duh). Apparently, because it was the first day opening after renovation there were toilets not flushing, sinks not working, doors not unlocking, AND it was one of the coldest nights in Orlando (like 20 degrees) so there were people who couldn't get into their roooms. So when we were offered another room we had to wait another hour and NO ONE showed up. I called the front desk and told them that we only lived an hour and a half away and that we could have driven home and back in the amount of time it was taking them to take care of everything. So long story short they refunded us all our money for the park tickets and the hotel and of course as we were walking out to the car somone was coming up the walk to give us our room key (by now it was midnight) but we told him no thank you and we left.

I'm sure since it's been so long ago that they've worked all the kinks out of the system but it was a bad enough experience for us that we will never stay there again. Big disappointement for us because we never have experienced anything like that staying at a Disney resort. :(
progress.gif

mpoppins76

We were there a few weeks ago and had several "mishaps"....but after the 1st couple it sort of became amusing and funny, and we tried not to let them get in the way of having fun. Nothing major, like the things that happened to you, but just little "Murphy's Law" episodes. :) The last of which being a silly one; we were handed the VIP "Year of a Million Dreams" Fastpasses...as we got off our last ride on the last day. :rolleyes: We snapped a pic and gave them to some kids in line, but it was just the icing on the cake and one last stab from Murphy. :lol:

Hopefully your next trip will be better, but I would definately say you should write a letter. Someone should be made aware of this.

MeTa

This stuff usually happens to me when I look for it. If I am not waiting to hear it from a disney CM then I couldnt even tell you if I did or not. Either that or maybe one of your kids wrote some vulgarity on your forehead that you didnt know about.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
well, 1/20 ratio isnt too bad. whenever i go to places like SF it is more like 1/2. lol granted.... it is thug central and the CBR and WDW isnt.

better luck next time. your probably good for another 19 vacations until another bad one.

MickeyTigg

I just returned from a 10 day stay at the WDW Carribean Beach Resort. This was my 20th time staying inside of the park....In general, I always come home impressed and in awe that after 18 years of visiting the parks they still provide a level of enjoyment unmatched by anywhere else in the world....Not this time however...I need to vent on this thread. This last stay may have been the worst 10 days i've ever spent away from home. I'm not sure what to do, or who to complain to.....Heres a list of everything that went wrong.

Wow...let me know the next time you're going to WDW and I'll make sure I don't go when you go. I wouldn't want to get caught up in your 'bad luck vortex'.

Amazing.

k.hunter30

OP:

Please keep us posted as to what action you take. I, along with pretty much everyone here, think it would definitely be beneficially not only to you but the Walt Disney company if you were to write a letter expressing your concerns and problems. I feel confindent that you would get a response - and maybe a little something else. Let us know how it goes.

ryguy

CBR has definite issues with guest service. The bell services division is particularly horrible. Stayed there twice in the past year and both times had poor guest services experience. I like the resort but feel frustrated that they can't get there act together. On both trips I stayed in Trinidad south which is the farthest building away and both times had to walk to and from the custom house with my luggage. Which is a at least a mile walk. I actually had to stop at the food court to reapply deodorant. I called at 8:00am the morning I was leaving to get a bell hop for a 10:30am Magical express and was told they had no bell hops available until 11:30am. A joke if you ask me. I shouldn't have to call days in advance to get a bell hop. The hotel wasn't even crowded. Also they don't allow you to bring luggage on the internal shuttle. Another joke if they aren't able to keep up with demand. The probelms they have at this resort are very fixable, just can't figure out why they can't get'em fixed. :shrug: I feel managment at this resort needs to get audited by the company. Maybe get some people in there who actually give a ________ about the resort. Hope they can get these issues resolved as it's one of my favorite resorts.

hrcollectibles

Wow and I thought I was having a bad day.. you had a bad week. I hope this experience does not stop you from coming back.

I still think a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work

jjgoo

Hi. I just want to add my condolences on a bad trip. There is a lot of anticipation and expectations no matter how many times you have been and you are spending hard earned money. To have it turn out the way it did has to be really disappointing.

I hope you actually had some good times that you can remember from this trip.

I would like to make another suggestion. Did you book through a travel agent? Call your travel agent and complain. If they are a big agency (or even not) they might be able to get you some satisfaction. They do want your return business. If you booked directly with Disney, look at your papers for numbers to call or letters to write. They want your repeat business too and may be able to at the very least get you an extra discount on your next trip. It's worth a try.

Good luck.

Cinderella1976

Our vacation back in July 2005 we encountered alot of problems. I won't get into all of the little things that happend, but here is the story of the MAJOR problem we encountered. It was our first stay at the Grand Floridian and we were really looking forward to it because we always wanted to stay there. Well everything was going pretty good (besides the fact our luggage was lost too) until one morning my husband woke up before everyone to use the bathroom and when we walked in he noticed he was stepping into a puddle on the floor. So he turned on the light and there was sewage coming out of the bottom of the toilet and in the bathtub, it overflowed onto the floor and into the foyer area :eek: . Some of our clothing was on the bathroom floor and got completely ruined. My husband ran to the front desk to get help and on his way there he noticed that the rug in the hallway, especially outside our room was completely soaked too. This all happened on the morning of our "very important" princess breakfast @ Norway. My daughers were upset because they were looking forward to this ever since we planned our trip. Anyway, we were told to change rooms so we were on the first floor and had to carry all of our luggage to the third floor. They never sent us a bellboy. We were running around like crazy people and we all needed to shower and get ready for our ADR. I got a major migrane headache because I was so stressed out. The person who helped us at the front desk was rude and not helpful at all. He acted like it was my husband's fault for the flood. Well, it turned out that it was a pipe that broke and all the sewage from other people's rooms leaked into ours :eek: :mad: Well, my hubby was mortified when he found out that we actually stood in other people's s____! We then went back down to the front desk and spoke with another manager who was wonderful, sympethic, and helpful. She did everything in her power to make the rest of our vacation magical. She got a driver to take us to Norway to our princess breakfast (we were very late), we got a new room for the third time during our week vacation (MK View), she took us clothes shopping to replace the ones we lost because of the flood, we got souviners, and $1,000 taken off of our bill. She gave us her card and told us to give her a call if we ever came back and decided to stay at the GF again. Well, we did go back last year in December 2006 and that was our most magical and unforgetable vacation ever thanks to her and we also got lucky a couple of times because of The Year of a Million Dreams! She gave us another room upgrade and spending money in Disney Dollars! So, in the end it all worked out. We will be going back again this Nov / Dec. and staying at the Grand Floridian :xmas:

Sorry for the long post.

Deadmanwalking

I've also had issues with those *&(%& scooter. I also have noticed that the worst people for bumping and pushing into on those *&$%%^ scooters are the people most likely not really in need of them.

Would it be too much trouble for Disney to only rent them or allow them for users that have a valid reason for them, being to lazy to walk isn't a valid reason and if someone want to go from one ride to the next at 10mph they should get off the scooter and run not race through the crowds like a bull in a china shop.

I mean what if the person wanting/needing a scooter had to show they had a valid reason for a scooter would that be so bad? Or what about simply slowing them down to a very slow crawl, then your mario andrettis would quickly realize that they aren't going to be blasting down the sidewalk on a scooter faster than they could walk.

PigletIsMyCat

I've used

Meg Gilbert Crofton (she replaced Al Weiss)
Box 10,000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

PO Box 10000 is a general mail center. PO Box 10040 with zip 32830-0040 will get your letter to the right people much faster than the other one. Internal mail at WDW is not known for its speed or accuracy.

bgraham34

Wow that sucks I am sorry to hear that. But I have come to the conclusion that you are bound to have 1 bad vacation every 5-10 years. Well at least that is what happens to me.

CleveRocks

Would it be too much trouble for Disney to only rent them or allow them for users that have a valid reason for them, being to lazy to walk isn't a valid reason and if someone want to go from one ride to the next at 10mph they should get off the scooter and run not race through the crowds like a bull in a china shop.

I mean what if the person wanting/needing a scooter had to show they had a valid reason for a scooter would that be so bad?
Yes, it would be too much trouble.

Number one, it's not like it's a government funded program or like it's funded through a grant and thus only certain people are permitted to use them. If someone wants to be lazy and pay money, then why should Disney prevent them from doing so?

But the MUCH more important point is that there are MANY types of physical problems which could cause one to need a scooter to enjoy WDW. For example, what if someone has a back or hip or knee problem that only gets aggravated after walking a mile or 2, but at that point sends the person into excruciating pain for the next few days and makes them almost unable to walk at all.

That's just one example of many possibilities.

We can't just eyeball someone and expect to "know" whether or not they "need" a scooter. Disney can't exactly hire physicians to perform diagnostic tests on people, either.

If you want to be annoyed at people on scooters, go ahead and be annoyed. I hate the way many people drive them, also! But I'm not going to demand to see a limp or a missing leg before I agree that someone can rent one, either.

Pooh88

Wow, I really hope you write a letter or email. Me and DH are going back to the CBR in October and have never had a bad experience (except for long bus waits) but now you have me freaked.

I too have been hit by the scooters and would like to knock out the guys who do it! :fork: However, When you broke your ankle you should have got a wheelchair for yourself or a scooter. At least that part of your vacation could have been saved.

I can't believe someone on this thread had their son get scolded for high fiving after getting off Everest. What's THAT about??:mad:

DisneyJoe

After having some issues myself, the best advice I can give to anyone that has ANY type of problem while on any vacation is DON'T WAIT UNTIL YOU GET HOME to do something - contact someone while you are there until you get some satisfaction - they are more able to correct something or compensate you for something while you are there than after you leave.

Deadmanwalking

Yes, it would be too much trouble.

Number one, it's not like it's a government funded program or like it's funded through a grant and thus only certain people are permitted to use them. If someone wants to be lazy and pay money, then why should Disney prevent them from doing so?

But the MUCH more important point is that there are MANY types of physical problems which could cause one to need a scooter to enjoy WDW. For example, what if someone has a back or hip or knee problem that only gets aggravated after walking a mile or 2, but at that point sends the person into excruciating pain for the next few days and makes them almost unable to walk at all.

That's just one example of many possibilities.

We can't just eyeball someone and expect to "know" whether or not they "need" a scooter. Disney can't exactly hire physicians to perform diagnostic tests on people, either.

If you want to be annoyed at people on scooters, go ahead and be annoyed. I hate the way many people drive them, also! But I'm not going to demand to see a limp or a missing leg before I agree that someone can rent one, either.

I never said they needed to have missing leg or limp... it might also be a heart condition that precludes them from walking... but, how much trouble would it be to get a doctor to give them a letter stating the need for a scooter? None, as anyone that had a legitimate reason for having a scooter would have had to have gotten some sort of documentation inorder to get the ^%$&^ scooter in the first place. This would be a major time saver on rides as well as people with bad backs/hearts and the other problems that are supposed to keep them off certain rides wouldn't be able to get on them so they can get injured and force the ride to shut down while they get their body/corpse off the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom