Worst smoking area

VoiceGuy07

They paid as much for their trip as you did. They are actually going out of their way to accommodate your desire to not smell smoke, so your distaste lies in your desire to walk past these areas that Disney has assigned as smoking areas.

Agree that it's a Disney issue of where they placed smoking areas. If it's a designated smoking area, then it's all good. The issue should not be with smokers, but with Disney.

draybook

They paid as much for their trip as you did. They are actually going out of their way to accommodate your desire to not smell smoke, so your distaste lies in your desire to walk past these areas that Disney has assigned as smoking areas.

Well, with the poorly designed areas, it's almost as if you have to walk past one whether you want to or not.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The fact of the matter is I don't want to tell anyone what todo with their own bodies. Cover yourself in gas and set yourself on fire. I could care less. But once I have to "hold my breath" while walking past smokers it starts effecting me
And that's where I have the problem. If I have to change one second of what I do on a daily basis to conform to a smokers "right" to smoke I have a problem with it.
Why should smokers not smoke because you don't like it? Works both ways.

It wont happen. Like tour groups at the All Stars, Disney won't - daren't - cut off one whole source of visit.

This thread is going just one way.

draybook

Serious question here for the smokers. Why can't you go without a cigarette while at the parks? I wasn't a heavy smoker so I'm not grasping this.

anna&eric

Wow. In this brave new world of political correctness and "no prejudice allowed" I guess some people just have to find a whipping boy. Let's just ban everything that anyone finds offensive. Perfume or aftershave? Sorry, you can't come in. Is your hairstyle hopelessly out-of-date? Sorry, no one wants to see that. Excuse me, did you just cough? You could infect those better than you; go away. You want a motorized scooter? Sorry, that is a real and present danger to everyone else. Good grief! Your obese fat is making others lose their appetites and that affects the concession sales. Honestly.

DisneyDebNJ

My DH and I are both smokers, I sheepishly admit, but are extremely courteous smokers at that. In Disney, we use Blu Cigarettes 90% of the time, never smoke around children, ONLY smoke in designated areas and understand the dangers of second hand smoke... however, we are not criminals, as some have made us feel even while in a designated smoking area in the parks. The ONLY park we smoke at is Epcot (strange, I just realized we never lit up at MK due to so many little ones being close by) To non smokers .... understand that most of us have tried to quit in the past, are in the process of quitting or have quit and started up again. Those who aren't courteous and think of others, and light up on a whim, wherever they feel the need, I don't support and put them in the same class as pool hoppers or people who sneak in concierge lounges. Its not allowed, dont do it, and follow the rules. Let the bashing begin ..... LOL

ddbowdoin

What is the worst location for a designated smoking area in the parks?

My pick, MK: Heading from the Liberty Belle toward Splash Mountain, on the lowered wooden walkway. I can see why they put one here, it's off the main path, but I really like walking this route.

Honorable mention, also MK; Adventure Land: The one that competes with the scent of Dole Whip in the air.

all of them... smoking is an awful habit, and in 2012 is amazing people still smoke considering the amount of information and research that has been done

Mr_Incredible

All maps have marked where smoking areas are so you have no reason to have to "hold your breath", if its THAT significant of an issue to merely walk around these areas then start a petition and good luck to ya.
The only reason i mentioned holding my breath is the person i quoted said the smoking areas we're clearly marked and non smokers could hold their breath while walking bye. I don't actually hold my breathe walking around the theme parks haha. Unless I am on "Monsters inc laugh factory" and don't want to be chosen as "the guy" haha

draybook

Wow. In this brave new world of political correctness and "no prejudice allowed" I guess some people just have to find a whipping boy. Let's just ban everything that anyone finds offensive. Perfume or aftershave? Sorry, you can't come in. Is your hairstyle hopelessly out-of-date? Sorry, no one wants to see that. Excuse me, did you just cough? You could infect those better than you; go away. You want a motorized scooter? Sorry, that is a real and present danger to everyone else. Good grief! Your obese fat is making others lose their appetites and that affects the concession sales. Honestly.

Not even close to being a reasonable comparison. I've never heard of second hand obesity and a bad hairdo won't result in cancer.

I was more of a casual smoker but I had the willpower to quit cold turkey. Seeing the effects of smoking was enough to deter further usage.

Mr_Incredible

Check your taxes. The effects of over eating affect everyone...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...ricans-more-in-healthcare-costs-than-smoking/
"Reuters is reporting that obesity in America is now adding an astounding $190 billion to the annual national healthcare price tag, exceeding smoking as public health enemy number one when it comes to cost."

Now, that does NOT mean that I intend to single out people that are overweight, then attempt to vilify them because they have a different lifestyle than I do. Neither am I calling for "corraling" them, or demanding that they wear some kind of socially demeaning insignia. I seem to remember at least one historical figure that tried that sort of thing... it ended badly.

Instead? I'm going to go to WDW and enjoy it. And I hope everyone ELSE does as well - people who smoke, people who don't, people that eat too much, and really skinny folks :).

I agree my friend. I will have an amazing time.....Hope everyone else does too. Like I said, I just quit recently, I didnt mean to preach. And sorry for the debates back n forth!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Check your taxes. The effects of over eating affect everyone...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...ricans-more-in-healthcare-costs-than-smoking/
"Reuters is reporting that obesity in America is now adding an astounding $190 billion to the annual national healthcare price tag, exceeding smoking as public health enemy number one when it comes to cost."

Now, that does NOT mean that I intend to single out people that are overweight, then attempt to vilify them because they have a different lifestyle than I do. Neither am I calling for "corraling" them, or demanding that they wear some kind of socially demeaning insignia. I seem to remember at least one historical figure that tried that sort of thing... it ended badly.

Instead? I'm going to go to WDW and enjoy it. And I hope everyone ELSE does as well - people who smoke, people who don't, people that eat too much, and really skinny folks :).
How about those of who are really skinny and eat too much and walk around with candy cigarettes?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I don't smoke BTW. I'm disgusted by people who are eating themselves to death but I don't whine and complain about how with people straving in the world they can actually eat themselves into a horrible life. For that matter all the fatness is driving up health insurance costs from all the side "diseases" these people get.

Yes Jimmy Walt did die of lung cancer, ever one dies in the end.
I don't care if people smoke in their own houses. I just hate that people pollute the air where I have to walk by, and irritate others' asthma. Asthma is not a choice; smoking is. I think that clean air gets the right-of-way.

psukardi

As a former smoker (smoked of/on for 10 years) and smoke free for over a year - I see the pros and cons of the smoke-huts.

If you're going to smoke - try to not litter too badly and please try not to smoke around kids. That's all I ask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom