Worst smoking area

Mr_Incredible

You're the one thinking that a little smoke escaping from the smoking areas is killing innocent children...not me.
I don't think that. I was that guy smoking in the area. I just think its unnecessary to be in the parks at all. No one will die if the cant have a puff for 9 hours.

googilycub

Lol nice spin. Smoking is the leading cause of cancer (#2 on your list) and leading cause of death from cancer. Also causes heart disease.
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/cessation

Other leading causes of cancer.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs297/en/
  • being overweight or obese
  • unhealthy diet with low fruit and vegetable intake
  • lack of physical activity
  • alcohol use
  • sexually transmitted HPV-infection
  • urban air pollution
  • indoor smoke from household use of solid fuels.
Since you want non cancer causing things only at WDW, I guess we should get rid of the monorail and bus service, as both contribute to a lack of physical activity. Better get smaller portions at all the restaurant to help combat overweight or obese issues. Drinking around the world? Forget it as alcohol use is a leading cause of cancer. You better ban all autos from the property since they contribute to urban air pollution. Listen, I have not seen anyone hear argue that smoking causes cancer, it does. However, I don't see why anyone would have an issue with smokers smoking in their designated areas. They are clearly marked on the theme park map, and do not take much of an effort to avoid. Most people could hold their breath long enough to walk past them without breathing in a thing. As long as it is legal to smoke in the US, I don't see it going anywhere.

Mr_Incredible

Other leading causes of cancer.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs297/en/
  • being overweight or obese
  • unhealthy diet with low fruit and vegetable intake
  • lack of physical activity
  • alcohol use
  • sexually transmitted HPV-infection
  • urban air pollution
  • indoor smoke from household use of solid fuels.
Since you want non cancer causing things only at WDW, I guess we should get rid of the monorail and bus service, as both contribute to a lack of physical activity. Better get smaller portions at all the restaurant to help combat overweight or obese issues. Drinking around the world? Forget it as alcohol use is a leading cause of cancer. You better ban all autos from the property since they contribute to urban air pollution. Listen, I have not seen anyone hear argue that smoking causes cancer, it does. However, I don't see why anyone would have an issue with smokers smoking in their designated areas. They are clearly marked on the theme park map, and do not take much of an effort to avoid. Most people could hold their breath long enough to walk past them without breathing in a thing. As long as it is legal to smoke in the US, I don't see it going anywhere.
I am paying 4Gs to go to Disney world. I shouldn't have to walk past the smoke area holding my breath like some ghetto or landfill because I "don't want to breathe in poison". That's a joke. "ok kids take a deep breathe and hold it WE are passing the smokers. We don't want to fringe on their rights to pollute the park because they can't go 10 minutes without a toke"

Mr_Incredible

The fact of the matter is I don't want to tell anyone what todo with their own bodies. Cover yourself in gas and set yourself on fire. I could care less. But once I have to "hold my breath" while walking past smokers it starts effecting me
And that's where I have the problem. If I have to change one second of what I do on a daily basis to conform to a smokers "right" to smoke I have a problem with it.

Jane Whalebones

I have to agree that the worst place is the smoking area behind the castle on the walkway near the wishing well. So many kids walk through this area.:( I am a smoker and it bothers me when there are 50 people sitting on the wall just blowing smoke all over everyone as they walk by. :mad:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The fact of the matter is I don't want to tell anyone what todo with their own bodies. Cover yourself in gas and set yourself on fire. I could care less. But once I have to "hold my breath" while walking past smokers it starts effecting me
And that's where I have the problem. If I have to change one second of what I do on a daily basis to conform to a smokers "right" to smoke I have a problem with it.

They paid as much for their trip as you did. They are actually going out of their way to accommodate your desire to not smell smoke, so your distaste lies in your desire to walk past these areas that Disney has assigned as smoking areas.

Mr_Incredible

They paid as much for their trip as you did. They are actually going out of their way to accommodate your desire to not smell smoke, so your distaste lies in your desire to walk past these areas that Disney has assigned as smoking areas.
I'm not wasting my time with an educated response to this. I'm done.

googilycub

Then call your Congressman and try to make smoking illegal. Until then, you really don't have a valid argument.

Tyler Moore

Also, as you can see, almost every Amusement Park, besides Disney World, constantly goes bankrupt so one can assume that THAT specific business is a difficult one to run. Disney can not alienate or promote any specific group of people whether it be a whole race, religion, or even a group as small as people who smoke. Disney CANNOT afford to shut off ANY customers that's why they always try to find a median by attempting to compromise between the two polar opposites, which in this case are: Smokers and non-smokers. So, if you are hoping that they are going to BAN smoking then you are going to be sadly disappointed at your death bed because it will never happen, and if it does.... Then find me and kick me in the throat because I will no longer have the will to live (<-------That was a joke). I do not consider myself a smoker, but I know their are people who either: A.) NEED it to get through the day or B.) Just need a minute to relax and take a smoke break and it would be pointless to completely condemn them. Now, on the other hand, it is a hazard to people who have kids, asthma, or any other situation that could be affected negatively by the carcinogens, tar, or any other unhealthy aspect of the cigarette smoke and that is why it is not allowed everywhere but in specific areas so if anyone does have a situation to where they cannot get near then they can find way to get away from having to be around it. It is the perfect compromise and I don't see any other way to please both parties, if their is then tell me (I don't intend for this to be argumentative, I just cannot think of any other situation to benefit both sides).

Tyler Moore

All maps have marked where smoking areas are so you have no reason to have to "hold your breath", if its THAT significant of an issue to merely walk around these areas then start a petition and good luck to ya.

VoiceGuy07

Honorable mention, also MK; Adventure Land: The one that competes with the scent of Dole Whip in the air.[/quote]

Agree with the Dole Whip location. We order Dole Whip, hang out in the shade near the benches on a typical hot summer day (Dole Whip...it melts fast in the sun ya know), and then get to enjoy the best that Paul Mall, Marlboro, and Winston have to offer.

My wife mentioned the resorts. Tons of folks hang out just outside the entrances to the resorts and you get to walk through that fog on the way out/in. Humidity...then it sticks to you.

I used to smoke and am probably guilty. I apologize and will never do it again. But I am thinking that I may rent a scooter and beep at you a lot as I head down Main Street!

VoiceGuy07

Over eating doesn't effect the person sitting right next to you eating a salad. There's a difference.

Would only comment that over eating could impact healthcare costs. When commercials revel in the fact that "there is no cost to you" for your new rascal or scooter. Someone has to pay for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom