Worst ride to get stuck on?

cdunbar

TTA got stopped on our trip last week because some lady got her pants stuck in the tilted moving walkway. (escalator without stairs). I swear she did it on purpose. She made mention of a law suit when they got her dumb self out of it.
How in the world did she manage that?!?:veryconfu

Oddysey

Got stuck on the Jungle Cruise for 25 mins once next to some crazy loud creature in the jungle at night. It was a summer night and extremly hot and muggy with a boat full of sweaty guests. Would have been better if it we had a better skipper, but she explained that it was her first night doing JC tours and she seemed nervous.

The ride I would be most afraid to be stuck on would be Mission Space. Being restrained in that tiny little space for a long time would drive me nuts. For some reason I always have a fear of a fire starting when I am stuck in there and the ride being broke down would certainly amplify that feeling.

Jerm

Small World would be horrible. The song would kill me

I would not have a big problem with most cause I would just snap away pictures!!! BUT last year they were doing testing for small world holiday and I got on in the middle of a lot of empty boats and we got stuck in the last room with no music on for about 15 minutes.....it is worse with the music off then on!!! I still have night terrors about the french can-can dolls kicking over and over again!!!!!

countrygrl4

Original Poster
Got stuck on POTC two years ago, right before the drop. After a few minutes the lights came on, which was cool because that area is always pitch black.

I was surprised to see how steep the drop was.

I love POTC and I rode it twice when I went. The 1st didnt know it was coming the second I did know BUT it STILL bothered me! When you are in the first row you can see the drop before you reach it and it is a good drop.

Small World is just plain creepy. I get the idea but not my favorite ride by any means By the 3rd room I wanted to scream and get off the boat and realized we had a few more rooms to go. I am not a fan of of those dolls.

Matt and Kelly

On our last trip we got stuck on the Nemo ride. It was in the "tunnel" area where Nemo and his friends kept rushing past on a swift current. I swear it was the longest 15 minutes of my life.

This exact same thing happened to me on our last trip. You are absolutely right, worst 15 minutes ever! :brick:

bugsbunny

I've only been stuck on one ride ever and it was in Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Apollo's Chariot. That ride is wickedly awesome, IMHO.

It was about 95 degrees out in July. Got on and pulled my harness/tbar thing in place. I'm 5'11" and about 165 lbs and these seats and restraints were even tight for me.

I kid you not, this 400 lb PLUS guy gets on and the idiots running the ride proceed to RAM the bar into place trying to squeeze him in. After 2 or 3 tries, they got it to click once, but not enough to release the safeties to send it out of the station.

It was also enough to not allow the system to release the bars on ALL of our seats. So there we are, jammed in our seats. 95 degrees out, about 90% humidity, and we cannot move an inch out of our seats. They tried and tried to get it fixed, but couldn't unlock him or reset the system.

We are now out there about 15-20 minutes in the blazing sun. I'm one of those people who normally barely sweats and it was just pouring off of me. you know that scene from Airplane where he's landing the plane and the sweat is coming off like a garden hose? that was me and most people were 10x worse off.

A manager and supervisor came over and basically flipped out. The only way to reset the system was to apparently get the huge guy's restraint clicked further to hit the electrical contacts to trip the safeties or whatever. They had like 5 people pushing on this bar trying to get it to go in further so it would click. I though they would kill this huge fat guy. At the time, I didn't really care since I thought I was about to get heat stroke.

They finally got it to click and could release the safeties. The manager fired at least two of them on the spot from what I could hear and they shut down the ride. I could literally wring the sweat out of my shirt at that point. It was awful and some of the people had to sit down on the platform and wait for EMS. Now THAT is a thrill ride!

olmec26

The absolute worst place has got to be, hands down, the Tarzan scene of the Great Movie Ride. Loud swinging Tarzan to your right, loud Jane and Cheetah with minimal dialog to your left. It's pretty terrible.

sublimesting

I love POTC and I rode it twice when I went. The 1st didnt know it was coming the second I did know BUT it STILL bothered me! When you are in the first row you can see the drop before you reach it and it is a good drop.

Small World is just plain creepy. I get the idea but not my favorite ride by any means By the 3rd room I wanted to scream and get off the boat and realized we had a few more rooms to go. I am not a fan of of those dolls.

Dolls are not scary. They are just the habitat of innocent souls of children. Nothing scary about a child at all is there?

sublimesting

I've only been stuck on one ride ever and it was in Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Apollo's Chariot. That ride is wickedly awesome, IMHO.

It was about 95 degrees out in July. Got on and pulled my harness/tbar thing in place. I'm 5'11" and about 165 lbs and these seats and restraints were even tight for me.

I kid you not, this 400 lb PLUS guy gets on and the idiots running the ride proceed to RAM the bar into place trying to squeeze him in. After 2 or 3 tries, they got it to click once, but not enough to release the safeties to send it out of the station.

It was also enough to not allow the system to release the bars on ALL of our seats. So there we are, jammed in our seats. 95 degrees out, about 90% humidity, and we cannot move an inch out of our seats. They tried and tried to get it fixed, but couldn't unlock him or reset the system.

We are now out there about 15-20 minutes in the blazing sun. I'm one of those people who normally barely sweats and it was just pouring off of me. you know that scene from Airplane where he's landing the plane and the sweat is coming off like a garden hose? that was me and most people were 10x worse off.

A manager and supervisor came over and basically flipped out. The only way to reset the system was to apparently get the huge guy's restraint clicked further to hit the electrical contacts to trip the safeties or whatever. They had like 5 people pushing on this bar trying to get it to go in further so it would click. I though they would kill this huge fat guy. At the time, I didn't really care since I thought I was about to get heat stroke.

They finally got it to click and could release the safeties. The manager fired at least two of them on the spot from what I could hear and they shut down the ride. I could literally wring the sweat out of my shirt at that point. It was awful and some of the people had to sit down on the platform and wait for EMS. Now THAT is a thrill ride!

I kind of had something similar happen at King's Island on The Tomb Raider ride. They slammed the harness down as tight as possible. I had just exhaled and couldn't inhale again and I have asthma. So I started to panic as well as several other people. No one cared they just kept worrying about getting this one person with a disability ON the ride. Finally they couldn't and released all the seats.
From that point on I always take a deep breath and use my fists in fromt of my chest to block the bar fro constricting me.

ThinkTink721

It's A Small World or Splash Mt.
*I have been stuck on both & even though I love both rides, you get a little crazy after listening to "It's A Small World" or "Zippadeedoodah" over & over & over!!!
:eek: :wave:

atsolomon

I got stuck on Test Track in EPCOT -- outside during the high speed turn we just came to a gradual stop on one of the steeply banked turns.

I could see my wife walking around waiting for me looking at her watch wondering where I was. I yelled to no avail. I called her on my cell and told her to look up and I waved.

Finally a CM came and pushed the car along until it got going again. They let me ride again immediately.

I've also been on the Carousel of Progress when it got stuck between scenes. Something that I thought was a deep metaphor at the time. Progress is stuck.

wdwwdeagle

Scariest stuck for me was the skyway buckets.
I think I was about 6 years old.
We were swaying around up there 'cause the wind was blowing, and to add to that, every time one of us moved, it just made the thing sway even more.
Try being a mother and being stuck on that thing with your three kids. My mother never rode it again, and was truly terrified of letting us kids ride it, even though we did.
I think that's one reason I'm afraid of heights to this day.

Smee

Have been stuck on Splash, HM, PoC, SW, SSE for various lengths of time but never had to walk off any of them.

Universal however is another story. Had to walk out of ET once after a long wait. And got stuck in Mummy in the room with the flaming ceiling. The flames were out but the room was still very hot, we were all drenched with sweat. Only time being stuck ever started to really worry me.

Worst of all was this past summer at Free Style Music on the soaker coaster. We loaded and the ride broke down while we were still in the station. It took 45 minutes for maintenance to disassemble the restraint system to free us. That park is a disaster, everything was breaking down. We stayed about 2 hours and left never to return.

SuperId

A friend and I were at Six Flags over Georgia the summer that Georgia Scorcher debuted. My friend was marveling at the ride restraint (a stand up coaster with a bicycle seat between your legs and an over the shoulder harness) and was jumping up and down to demonstrate how the seat adjusted to your height.

As he jumped, the seat locked in place and he was left straddling the bicycle seat with his legs dangling. We then went on the looping coaster and pulled multiple G’s; to make matters worse, the ride broke down and we had to wait just outside the station for about 10 minutes as my friend dangled in agony.

I think he is married now . . .I’m not sure if he has kids though. :lookaroun

BrerFrog

It's A Small World or Splash Mt.
*I have been stuck on both & even though I love both rides, you get a little crazy after listening to "It's A Small World" or "Zippadeedoodah" over & over & over!!!
:eek: :wave:

I would go mad listening to IASW over and over again, but I don't think I could possibly get tired of Zippadeedoodah. :ROFLOL:

I have the habit of singing it as I walk through Frontierland. :lookaroun

Krack2

I got stuck in California on the Indiana Jones ride and the jeep literally "bounced" in place for 20 minutes in the dark (the section where the darts are supposedly being shot at you). It was pretty awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom