Worst meal on Disney property?

BeachClub

Ok, let me play the devils :fork: advocate.....we all come on these boards praising everything Disney. (Eisner excluded-wrong thread)...:D
Now, lets see if we can finagle some answers for this question.

Where have you had the WORST meal on Disney property? And why.

:hurl:

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by imagineer99
... As we were waiting for my mom to finish, the waitress, frusturated by my mom's pace, came to our table, pointed at the check and said "Tally it up, Please!" She almost ripped the credit card out of my dad's hand.

Hey IMAGINEER99! :wave:

All I can say is....WOW! :eek:

A simple "We'll let you know when we are finished" or "May we please have another cup of coffe" should have given your waitress the clue to back off.
The next step is to ask to see the Manager and ask him to explain why the waitress is trying to throw you out of there.

Being both in the public eye and responsible for providing excellent service myself, hearing about these situations makes me insane.

While it is not everyone's style to assert themselves, I encourage everyone to do so and prevent service levels in this country from sinking even further!

We ALL have a right to expect the best from everyone. Let's all be sure to offer it too! :)

Upvote 0

WDWHeadBanger

I would def have to say that the Princess Breakfast in Norway was the most terrible meal ever. The food was less than mediocre, the service was poor and slow. And half the family had upset stomachs afterward. STAY CLEAR!

Upvote 0

lebernadin

Originally posted by imagineer99
I find it amazing how much conflicting opinions there are on this thread. Some people love a place...others hate it. It really goes to show the different tastes and atmospheres that everyone prefers.

Exactly, and expectations. You may have never had, let's use Indian food as an example since its not at Disney, and heard about this fabulous restaurant. So you bring your family who has never tried any Indian prior to this and you can't stand the usage of curry or yogurt etc.. Most people then turn around and say how disgusting it was etc.. and even fib a little and add a story about the service because they don't want to just admit the food wasn't to their liking. There wasn't anything wrong with the way it was prepared, they just don't like it. This is why there are so few ethnic restaurants in the suburbs, because of these instances.

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
The food @ Planet Hollywood has its ups and downs. The ham sandwich is a shame. It said it was made with Smithfield Ham (the best tasting ham you will ever eat). The meat could have been mistaken for cardboard. The club sandwiches are allright though. Same with the burgers.

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

the worst i had was a soft pretzel at mgm studios ... hard as a rock and tasted like pure salt i spent half my time flicking off as much salt as i could it was kinda like eating salted cardboard

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Being both in the public eye and responsible for providing excellent service myself, hearing about these situations makes me insane.

While it is not everyone's style to assert themselves, I encourage everyone to do so and prevent service levels in this country from sinking even further!

We ALL have a right to expect the best from everyone. Let's all be sure to offer it too! :)

If you have a problem, address it then and there.

Don't wait to get back to your resort to complain, don't wait until you are home to post it on the internet.

Is yelling and belittling CM for most things (if not all) uncalled for? 99% of the time yes. Try and stay calm, explain yourself and your situation of why you're upset and dissatisfied. If you aren't happy with a server, ask to see the manager, still upset, go to guest relations, after that send a letter or e-mail.

Yelling won't do much for you. It will often make you look like an idiot to other guests. It doesn't help the situation any, especially on the service side. The person you are upset with will likely draw a line in the sand and fight harder than if you calmly explained what was wrong.

The same thing goes for something/someone that has done something great. Tell them, tell their boss, tell guest relations. Just saying something nice will make that person's day that much better.

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

... actually i think the pretzel was just stale and had been sitting around for too long since it was the end of the day , however it was way oversalted :)

:hurl:

ah well maybe I will try again next time and compare :)

Upvote 0

Worldphile

I am shocked by a couple of things in this thread.

First, all the negative reviews on Alfredo's. We ate there in Dec. 2001 and it was pretty good. I have even recommended it to some people that have gone to WDW since. I wonder if the decline in quality is a recent development?

Second, that only one person mentioned Mama Melroses. That place is terrible. We ate there two times (on two different trips. The second time was to give it a second chance) and were disappointed both times. Olive Garden has better Italian food than Mama Melroses. And the service was sub-par.

Other than that, almost every Disney meal has been OK. It is hard to say that any Disney meal is worth what you pay because the prices are so inflated ($15 for two burgers, two cokes, and two fries?) but, other than Mama Melroses, we've never walked out of a Disney restaurant griping or feeling like we had been ripped off.

Upvote 0

mickey merrills

Have to ditto the fact that we've enjoyed excellent meals for the most part...and you have to expect to PAY for WDW dining! But sometimes, the cost seems a bit "too" expensive when the meal is less than mediocre.

Alfredo's & the Garden Grill were the worst at EPCOT.

I think the eateries all over the AK are lacking - unless you're interested in the Rainforest Cafe (which is enjoyable more for its atmostphere than for its culinary creations).

Upvote 0

lebernadin

Originally posted by mickey merrills
Have to ditto the fact that we've enjoyed excellent meals for the most part...and you have to expect to PAY for WDW dining! But sometimes, the cost seems a bit "too" expensive when the meal is less than mediocre.

Well, there are certainly restaurants on Disney Property where you "get your money's worth" so to speak. But my advice is to just treat it as a big city. Most everyone on these boards can relate to that to some extent. A big city is filled with eateries that are over-priced for the quality of food/service and there are others that are priced just right for having a memorable meal that you remember going forward. Many people feel that since they're on vacation there's a certain amount of overpaying that you have to do, because "its vacation." That's not the case at all, and is just markup plain and simple.

Orlando has a pretty decent foodie population that has developed over the years and sprouted some very good restaurants. If you've rented a car, they're well worth exploring.

Upvote 0

Jungle Skipper

My worst dining experience at WDW...a few years back before Kohna Cafe was as it is now....my cousin and I ate there and both had something call Passion Fruit Ribs....wow, that was a mistake. :hurl:

We ate around 6pm and headed to the MK and as soon as we got there both of us ended up sick! spent the rest of the evening skipping in and out of restrooms throughout the park. We still refer to that night as the Infamous Toilets Around the Kingdom night....it was awful.

I do love Kohna Cafe though....great place....but just the thought of passion fruit ribs...yuk...well...Im sure you wont mind if i excuse myself now! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by jodiey
My boyfriend and I were not impressed with Wolfgang Pucks.

I dont think I have ever had a bad meal in Disney, though I have had a few disapointing meals. I agree with this one, I though this world famous chef would have a better resteraunt and service, but Iwas wrong. it was ok food, ok service, and ok theming.

Upvote 0

jedimusik

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
I dont think I have ever had a bad meal in Disney, though I have had a few disapointing meals. I agree with this one, I though this world famous chef would have a better resteraunt and service, but Iwas wrong. it was ok food, ok service, and ok theming.

Did you go to the cafe? Instead of going to the Cafe, turn left and go to Wolfgang Express - the chicken quesadilla is one of my faves. Actually the pizza and the chicken are pretty good too I think...

Most people see to not like Alfredo's because of the value - very small portions.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by jedimusik
Did you go to the cafe? Instead of going to the Cafe, turn left and go to Wolfgang Express - the chicken quesadilla is one of my faves. Actually the pizza and the chicken are pretty good too I think...

Most people see to not like Alfredo's because of the value - very small portions.

chicken quesadilla aye? I LOVE chicken quesadillas. seriously. they are my favorite. I just assumed that the express is the apatizer type of stuff from Wolfgang, but I will definatly check out the quesadillas next time I am over there. besides, I am getting tired of doing sit down resteraunts at Downtown Disney, since I am there to shop and shop somemore. long lunch breaks take away fromshopping.

thanks for the thought!

Upvote 0

jedimusik

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
chicken quesadilla aye? I LOVE chicken quesadillas. seriously. they are my favorite. I just assumed that the express is the apatizer type of stuff from Wolfgang, but I will definatly check out the quesadillas next time I am over there. besides, I am getting tired of doing sit down resteraunts at Downtown Disney, since I am there to shop and shop somemore. long lunch breaks take away fromshopping.

thanks for the thought!

Sure. I don't know if it's listed as an appetizer in the sit-down (cafe) or not. But it's filling enough to be an entree IMHO. It comes with ranch, a barbeque sauce and salsa drizzled (separately) on top. Good stuff.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom