Worst Meal at Disney

MagicMegan

Original Poster
Raglan Road - great atmosphere and entertainment. The first time we went, we loved it! So, of course we went back and it has been down hill ever since. The service was slow, unattentive, messed up the orders, and the food was below par. The only other good thing - the beer - which you can get anywhere.
I can agree with this. The atmosphere was nice, and the drinks, but my pot roast was disgusting. I ate a little, hid the rest under a napkin, and went to the DTD McDonalds a little bit after leaving here.

Phonedave

Yak & Yeti

Just all around poor. It was a week after opening, so I will have to give it another shot sometime, but it was just poor.

The menu is in search of some sort of theme. The wait staff was just lousy. And the food was nothing special.

There have been other poor meals on property, but Yak & Yeti was the one that stood out as really poor all around.

Ones where I think the food should be better, for the price/billing are Ohana' and Garden Grill - both have dropped as of late, so much so that they are off of our 'rotation' for now.

Disneykidder

About 12 years ago I ate at Garden Grill and the food was ech. The restaurant was cool but we waited forever for the chararcters to come around and couldn't even eat because the eggs were runny, the meats came out cold and tasteless or burnt. I would, however, be willing to try it again since it was so long ago. There are just so many great place that we like that we just haven't ventured there yet.

TTA-ATW

Mexico - San Angelo Inn

I'm going to beat a dead horse...or burro in this case. I too have been afflicted with food poisoning from the san angelo inn. I was unable to eat anything but toast & hot tea for the next 2 weeks. With out a doubt the worst experience at WDW ever, dinning or otherwise.

In hindsight though, It could be fluffed off as an authentic mexican experience. The Design of the pavilion is so real...Pinata's, Tequilla, & even Montezuma's revenge! Wow these Imagineers think of everything :rolleyes:

sweetpee_1993

Yak & Yeti

Just all around poor. It was a week after opening, so I will have to give it another shot sometime, but it was just poor.

The menu is in search of some sort of theme. The wait staff was just lousy. And the food was nothing special.

There have been other poor meals on property, but Yak & Yeti was the one that stood out as really poor all around.

Ones where I think the food should be better, for the price/billing are Ohana' and Garden Grill - both have dropped as of late, so much so that they are off of our 'rotation' for now.

Oh agreed!!!!! We ate there only once in the weeks after it opened (on our Dec. '07 trip). Service was veeeeery slow & the food was less than good. We are spoiled to our local Pei Wei which totally smokes the Y&Y at a fraction of the cost. The decor & upstairs window view were nice but that's about it.

I'd have to go with San Angel Inn myself. The food was horrible, and when I was there the Restrooms were closed to boot! I've had better Mexican food out of the Mexican Food Trailers on the side of the road in Ohio!

JessicaB

I would have to say Sci-Fi. The first time DS and I went there back in 2003 it was great. But they seemed to have changed the menu there and the food is just terrible now. :(

Tater48

Surely, I am not the only one, but I'll go ahead and say it, and let the flaming begin. Le Cellier. We attributed the first bad meal there to maybe just being an off day. Tried it again, and viola, same results, same bad meal. Service was only so-so both times. This is one less party that you won't have to worry about taking up a reservation in this place. Had a better meal at the Ponderosa over on 192.

PittFan

O'hana !!! After reading all the rave reviews we were really looking forward to trying O'hana. After trying desperately for an ADR for weeks we finally lucked out and got a dinner ADR during Wishes. It was such a disappointment. It took forever to get our food, not that it mattered. It was way over cooked and quite bland. I thought maybe it was just the skewers that had came off the grill at that time that had been overcooked so I asked our servers to bring some from the next batch. It didn't matter, EVERYTHING we got was dry and overcooked. Worst meal we EVER had !!! :(

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Surely, I am not the only one, but I'll go ahead and say it, and let the flaming begin. Le Cellier. We attributed the first bad meal there to maybe just being an off day. Tried it again, and viola, same results, same bad meal. Service was only so-so both times. This is one less party that you won't have to worry about taking up a reservation in this place. Had a better meal at the Ponderosa over on 192.
:lol:

I won't flame you, promise!

While I've never had the same experience, I don't for a moment question that it happens [to be honest, I think every restaurant in this thread would have been shut down long ago if the faults listed were regular occurances or, God forbid, consistent]. I love Le Cellier and get great service and wonderful food there consistently. Is it 'wonderful' enough that it should be a 2-credit restaurant on the Dining Plan? Not at all, but it's quite good as a single-credit IMO.

Maybe I get extra-special treatment from servers because I'm a fellow Canadian? I doubt it, a bad server is a bad server. So, either I've been extremely fortunate to always hit good cooks and servers or you've had the misfortune of twice hitting bad. :shrug:

Missymoe4

San Angel Inn - Some years ago. I had an entrée dish that was some kind of beans with chocolate in it [sounded fantastic on the menu], it was a bland, pasty mess on a plate and uninspiring. I dislike the restaurant anyway because there isn't enough light to see what you're eating and that meal cemented that I just won't eat there.

Mole sauce? That stuff is good...but you either like it or hate it.

janoimagine

Best meal: Artist Point ... the mushroom soup with truffle oil is incredible. Wait staff are exceptional.

Worst meal: The Coral Reef ... great environment ... terrible food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom