Worst Disney ride experience.

poohbear6103

Mine was actually Small World. Need I say more! My true nightmare though would be on Test Track in the "corrosive" room. That room just gives me the creeps everytime I go through it! I know it's just lights, but I don't like it :eek:

PBarton

poohbear6103 said:
Mine was actually Small World. Need I say more! My true nightmare though would be on Test Track in the "corrosive" room. That room just gives me the creeps everytime I go through it! I know it's just lights, but I don't like it :eek:
Your right! I couldn't even imagine breaking down in there, or in the Hot/Cold rooms.

That would really spoil someone's day LOL :lol:

PBarton

poohbear6103 said:
Double post... apologies..

doctorcfjh

HoW said:
The daughter continued to run up and down the rows, even when the attraction was rotating. She also had one of those Buzz Lightyear toys that spin and make a whirring noise, which was fine, except she kept hitting other guests in the head with it.

I had a similar experience during Fantasmic. The wretched child in the row ahead kept waving a glowing stick in the air. Which I was quite happy with... until it began hitting its sibling... who began to scream hysterically and reciprocate by jousting with a mickey doll. Hence the retaliation escalated until guests left right and centre were being climbed on, hit and tortured with high pitched wailing. The parents ate and drank feverishly, apparently oblivious the the chaos their children were causing. In the end I removed the offening glowing stick and gave it to the bemused mother (who was vaguely grateful, but utterly unintelligible) and told the children to be quiet. There was a small round of applause by surrounding guests (Something I have to admit would not have happened in the UK, but for which is was grateful to be vindicated by).

LaughingGravy

MS: another

Being a private pilot, I figured if I could do stalls easily, I should be able to handle MS:
I was OK. Just OK, afterward. Our oldest didn't fare so well. We brought her to the infirmary, just around and to the left of where the Odyssey restaurant used to be(?). She had some crackers and was lying down on a nice cool bed for about 20 min, while we waited right next to her. Our younger one was OK, but definitely expressed that she didn't want to go on it again.
We were certainly properly warned (Oct.'05) of what the ride entailed between the signs and videos. If I even thought I had high blood pressure or any other kind of heart trouble, I wouldn't have gone on the ride.
My wife bagged out the exit before the ride and waited for us. She gets carsick easily, so it was an easy decision for her.
On the ride, I was constantly watching how the kids were doing, so my head was probably moving around more than it would have if I was just riding by myself. No fault of Disney there.
I think I'd go on again, but by myself.

Test track was a disappointment for the whole family after all the hype and the really long line when it was too soon to get another fast pass, since we just used it on MS and it was too far away to go on anything else without having to seriously back track to get back to Test Track.
Ooohh. 65 MPH, or whatever it is. Yeah. Cold blast of A/C. Some heat lamps. A 'near miss' with a truck, when you can easily see the path the ride vehicle is about to go on and lastly,the 'bumpy' road that is a snooze compared to our NJ potholes.
I can get all of that when I take the family for a ride in our station wagon. We've got lots of windows(heat, when all rolled up in the summer) a blast of cold air(climate control needs to be adjusted), 65 mph+ just to keep up with NJ highway traffic and not get creamed by REAL trucks on our highways or folks on cell phones not paying attention (never mind the law against it!)and the previously mentioned potholes.
Oh, and the only line we need to wait on to do it is that of the 6 traffic lights to get out of town so we can even get on a highway:lol::lol:
I love NJ.:D It's not for the timid.

doctorcfjh

PBarton said:
It's a Small World...
As we passed through each country they (loudly) explained to the child where they were supposed to be - we have no problems with that either, the child was learning something....
But they had NO idea at all where they were, as we passed the Taj Mahal in India, they loudly shouted "Look, now we are in Africa"

LOL
We had a similar experience on the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail in DAK. I think it was the same family. The humble Tapir was the first victim:
'Look at the rhino Sally'.
'Y'all know what that is? It is a rhi-no'
'They eat all kinds of small animals'
(Enter the mother)
'What? that aint a rhino that is some kind a cow'
'There aint no horn'
(Child finally pipes up)
'Piggy'
(Parents in unision)
'Yeah'

And so it continued. Fortunatley the Meercat got away as a 'herd ot timons'
Gorilla were of course 'monkeys'

Amusingly they were followed by another family, the father of whom would have been well suited to a 19th Century Explorer / Lecturer role. He commented to his studious looking children both on the habbits of various animals and on the ridiculous comments of the preceding family... treating both with a similar detached disdain.

Other bizarre quotes were a group convinced the groom was Freddie Cruger (Sp?) in Phantom Manor in France. One woman was convinced the Huncback of Notre Damer was Shrek.

Oh well, I guess in the end they aren't bad experiences!

timoteo

Bad rides

1.TiKi room next to dirty diaper also known as "Mooky stinks".
2. Casey's Jrs minature train at disneyland. Trapped in the monkey cage car. Picture Small cage 5'x5' with four others hunched over for 30 min to evacuate
3. Space mountain disneyland- leave loading area and turn directly and immediatley into the backstage maintenance bay. Needed to wait for ladder and CM for rescue.

Tigggrl

Splash Mountain at WDW.
Yup, Splash.
I HATE drops, but decided to try it on a bet...I had a FULL ON panic attack, that lasted the entire ride....I don't remember much, except I could'nt breathe....
I won the bet, I HATED that ride and never went on it again.......:lookaroun

dandaman

poohbear6103 said:
My true nightmare though would be on Test Track in the "corrosive" room. That room just gives me the creeps everytime I go through it! I know it's just lights, but I don't like it :eek:

Heh... we've broken down right in the middle of it before, for a 15-minute weather delay. At least it gave me more time to 1. Get cooled off with "corrosive spray", and 2. Further admire the Hidden Mickeys. :D

tink81

Did not care for Alien Encounter, not because I was scared, but some little kids (and I mean little) started screaming the minute the show started. WHY do parents do this to their kids?? there are warnings in place for a reason! This ride may be too intense for small children and guests with disablities- they are NOT kidding!

Absolute nightmare! Use your head! That's that lump three feet above your ______!

disneyash

For me, it'd have to actually be one night on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin... My family and I decided to hit one more ride before catching Spectromagic, and for whatever reason, it broke down with us on it. It wasn't delayed shortly for a handicapped rider or anything.. I mean 28 minutes, all the lights on, between two rooms on a hard uphill slant. Luckily we had good aim of a couple targets, so we all ranked some of the highest scores ever! But all the lights were on, all the targets kept moving, there was no music, just some background sound affects, and you could just hear nothing but gears and see things spinning... became a baaaaad trip after a while

jr06compmaster

I have had very few bad ride experiences at Disney, but my last time on POTC was not a very good one, although this was by no means the fault of Disney. Every time i have gone to WDW there has been very little wait for this ride, so 20 minutes before we were due backstage for our band performance in the parade a group of us decided to ride POTC because it was right next to the backstage entrance. Sure enough, the enevitable happened and we got stuck for about 15 minutes, leaving us running to get backstage in time.

saltmom1

minnie2000 said:
Kali river rapids - although I love the ride, we all went on as a family, in the morning, and we expected to get splashed, and all of us did. But, I didn't just get splashed, a small wave came over our boat, and went over me - I was drenched - not just a bit wet, absolutely soaked right through to my underwear! And the water was dirty and smelly....

I would ride again, but at the end of the day (and possibly wearing a poncho!)
Anybody heard of a change of clothes ?

aeillill

LaughingGravy said:
I can get all of that when I take the family for a ride in our station wagon. We've got lots of windows(heat, when all rolled up in the summer) a blast of cold air(climate control needs to be adjusted), 65 mph+ just to keep up with NJ highway traffic and not get creamed by REAL trucks on our highways or folks on cell phones not paying attention (never mind the law against it!)and the previously mentioned potholes.
Oh, and the only line we need to wait on to do it is that of the 6 traffic lights to get out of town so we can even get on a highway:lol::lol:

You know it would be a good idea if they they just themed Test Track to New Jersey and it could include driving highlights such as: the grand canyon potholes, death before yielding, how to properly not use your blinkers, a circle (although I don't know if we even still have them anymore), etc. Now that would be a thrill ride

Probabily when we were stuck in the dark for a while at the end of Tower of Terror right before we got off, and it was really weird b.c the car infront of us was stuck in the drop shaft and we heard all the sound effects and stuff and yet it was right infront of us..........oh wait that was one of my best ride experiences! :D

mcstensrud

Small World for me.My husband and mother were in the boat with me and some guy proceeded to stand up and video tape the whole ride. Narating it the whole time.We tried to rock the boat but it did not work.LOL!

Grim Grinner

It had started off as the greatest trip ever... My wife and I had sojourned to Epcot to take in the sights and a few rides. We hit Spaceship Earth in rapid succession, walked right onto The Land, and even took in a couple of swigs of Veggi-Beta at Station Cool. We meandered about, enjoyed a couple trips around the River of Time and then I headed towards Test Track. The ride got off to a roaring start and my gal clutched my arm as we nearly collided with a truck.

Suddenly alien ships with giants metallic clawed hands ripped through the ride's ceiling and began to shred those in the car with us. Fortunately I managed to unbuckle my belt, laughing that "It was fun to be free..." before lunging out of the car into a castmember parking deck below. All around there was signs of carnage as relentless creatures struck down all they saw...

I woke up- and despite the aliens attacking- waking from a dream about Disney was the worst experience.

Also, one time this kid wiped snot all over me while his mother watched during Fantasmic. She did absolutely nothing about it. Talk about rude.

EchoOfOphelia

Mine was the House of Tomorrow in Innoventions. Not from the attraction, I love it, but when we were standing in line to walk through and this kid (boy about 7) comes up to me and smacks my arm really hard! and just starts yapping to me about god knows what.. i was so mad at him, and I said "excuse me, you just hit me!" he sneared at me and just walked away. And OF COURSE, he was in our group walking through and he did nothing but whine and hang on the ropes the WHOLE time.. And his parents did NOTHING! I love kids, but if I could have choked that little brat.. ERR!

This thread has brought up horrible memories :)

sleepybear

LaughingGravy said:

Amen, brother.

Mine would have to be on Splash Mountain when the woman in front of us kept yelling at her boyfriend for taking her on such a wild, scary ride. She screamed at every little drop and was apoplectic going up the final hill, calling him a jerk and saying he lied to her about how intense the ride was. I understand people not liking drops, but sheesh, you can see the big drop from outside. It's not like it's a surprise or anything.

Brett

I've never really had a "bad" experience at Disney World but this past March, I got stuck on the Great Movie Ride. It just happened to be in the Tarzan scene. So for 30 minutes straight, all I could hear was "OOOOHHOOOOHO" as Tarzan swung back and forth every few seconds. Our CM guiding the tour felt compelled to start repeating Jane's lines after awhile. Needless to say, I was glad to get out of the jungle and into Oz. I'm just thankful it didn't get stuck in the Oz scene. Munchkins scare me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom