Worst Disney ride experience.

SarahBella82

Our first trip down, in '92, we were stuck in PotC for an hour. We were trapped beneath the bridge with the pirate's nasty foot dangling above our heads. And, naturally, the song got tiresome after the fifty-fifth chorus.

That said, it's still one of my family's favorite memories. It was more funny at the time than tramatic, and it gets funnier with age.

**And, thankyouverymuch, when my nieces freaked out in the stretch room of HM last April, I took 'em straight out the next exit. No harm done, and I bet the other guests were relieved. Hee, hee!**

SpongeScott

Christmas, 1972. I was 11 years old and riding the teacups with my burly 21 year old brother. He spun it so hard that my head flew back and I couldn't pull it back up, I was sick for three days and have not been able to ride spinning rides since then.

BrittanyRose428

its a small world broke down once, and everyone in my family got annoyed mostly because of the song being played, but i didnt mind, not only was there a great song but its air conditioned in there :)

the maelstrom broke down when i was with my clostrophobic grandmother, and we were in the beginning going up the ramp thing and it just dead on stopped, then the loghts came on and there were stairs and everything, i didnt care because i knew it would be fine but my grandmother was flipping out, she was asking the people who worked there what was wrong and stuff, i was curious to see what it looked like with the lights on anyways

DanStat

My worst ride experience was on Test Track. The ride had broken down and two couples of GROWN adults began to fight. Really, every time I think about it it makes me mad. I - 17 at the time - was the only one who thought to go get a CM. It kind of ruined my day.

fers31

We broke down on Dinosaur. All the lights came on and everything. It was actually pretty cool because you got to look around and realize you're just in a big warehouse. It was fun to see all the speakers. Plus we were right by the Carnotaur (spelling) so it was just sitting there and moving back and forth, but no sound. They let us stay on and ride it again. I actually enjoyed it though. Nothing really bad for me.

jvenegas

For me it's the TTA. Every single time me and my family have rode it, it has gone down.:brick: Once they even have to take us out walking from inside the SM tunnel and that made us miss the fireworks:mad: . Just awful.

bayoutinkbelle

It's not a ride, per se, but it definitely was my worst experience. Waiting with the crowd for the LMA stunt show, two (supposedly) grown men begin to mouth off to each other and then fight because someone accidentally stepped on the back of someone's heel. I grabbed my son and moved before anything unfortunate could happen. It just irritated me because it was so stupid.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Voyage of the Little Mermaid at MGM. All on DV (no LCD screen, stayed sat down). Right behind us non-speaking foriegn women. Shouting to each other all the way through. It was only when I stopped being polite whilst asking them to SHUT UP did they tone it down. For less than a minute.

Thank goodness for source audio :animwink:

WDWPrnces02

I guess ill add another mission spacer to the list....

Well, i for one wanted to ride it...my mom gets dizzy with rides like that...so i said , let me ride this first and ill tell ya if is someting you would like.......

So i get on the ride, navagating through mars and back.....got off the ride.....told my mom that it wasn't a ride for you, but i would like to go on it again if you dont mind....she said that it was ok and ill meet you in the gift shop......

Got on the ride for the second time.....same spot and job :)lol:p )......in the middle of liftoff I felt wierd....a little dizzy and sick.....Normally i dont get sick on rides.....

IT felt more intense than the first time.....personally i dont think this ride will last long....

BRING BACK HORIZIONS....PLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE!!!!!:lol: :lol:

When the ride ended ..i met my mom back in the gift shop and said...i wont ride that again......

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Getting stuck on TOT in the dark just as you pass through the door of the drop. Not because of the dark or the drop, but becausae we sat there for ages before we could get down and off.

jback93

Stitch's Great Escape

I hadn't been to MK since 1990 so I had no idea what Alien Encounter or Stitch was in 2005. I just knew that it wasn't a "ride". So my wife, who was 5 months pregnant, and I got in line with about 50 tweens. When the lights went out I thought I would never hear again. The screams were so loud the baby started moving around inside my wife and kept moving for several minutes afterward. Being locked down knowing my future kid was having a fit was pretty bad. Fortunately we got our hearing back in time for Wishes and our son turned out perfect. Needless to say, what a waste of space in Tomorrowland

TimonRulz

My worst would be getting backed up on "Its a Small World". The boats were backed up and we were stuck in the last room *before the room with the signs* and the song drove us crazy. Literally heard it in that room for 20 minutes! AHH!

A cool experience I had... sorta, was being the ONLY people in POTC at the end of EMH. NO one in our boat and no boats anywhere we could see. It was awesome. Way different from the way it usually is seeing boats in front of you. It was crazy cause it was way more real. lol
... though at the end, the guy didn't know we were on it so after the part with the three guys in a cage and the dog, the ride shut down. Pretty freaky. :)

HoW

I haven't had manny bad experiences in Disney, but the worst would have to be on the Carousel of Progress. We were sitting near the fornt and there was a mother with her daughter behind and to the right of us. The daughter continued to run up and down the rows, even when the attraction was rotating. She also had one of those Buzz Lightyear toys that spin and make a whirring noise, which was fine, except she kept hitting other guests in the head with it. When several other guests and I asked her if she could talk to her daughter, she looked at us like we were stupid and told us she was on her vacation.

kreiderr

My worst was Alien Encounter. I had been on the ride several times before and these parents brought in their little boy and sat him next to me. I asked him if he had ever been on the ride before and he said "no", so I tried to explain to him that everything was fake and nothing bad could happen to him. Meanwhile his oblivious parents were talking casually with each other, not suspecting anything could possibly go wrong. (Hint of Sacrasm) Anyway, the ride starts, the Alien escapes, and the little boy loses it completely. He's crying and screaming and I felt terrible for him. When the ride ended the parents immediately started yelling at the ride attendant. And most likely, from 1000's of incidents similar to this was one was born Stitch's Great Escape. Wouldn't it be nice if parents just used some common sense?

cameraguy

I have two and they are from two different trips.

My first ever trip to WDW we wen't on Splash Mountain first, and this was before the days of fastpass and stood in line for two hours, then we finally got on the ride. The ride was great up until we got stuck on the convayer belt that takes you to the final plunge. We sat their for about 10 minutes until finally the ride started up again. And then to add insult to injury even though this part was my fault, I forgot to take of my hat and lost it in the way down the final plunge.

And on my most resient trip I went with my Mom, aunt and cousins and we got stuck inside Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin for about 20 minutes in pitch dark. Other then those all the other rides I went on were just fine, even Mission:Space.

pat_naughty05

Another one for M:S...

I've ridden the ride twice. The first time was shortly after it opened (2003?). I rode with my dad's girlfriend and her sister, got off and felt perfectly fine. We went about our day at Epcot with no problems. The second time was this past July. I was there with my mom, stepdad, and little brother. I told them that I had ridden before and it wasn't as bad as they make it seem. I was dead wrong. We all four ride together and get off stumbling over ourselves and feeling horrible. Luckily, we all felt better once we got a little snack in us. Since I've had two different experiences on this ride, I can't decide whether or not to ride on future trips...

summergirl32

I have had two bad ride experiences. The first was when my family went into SGE. My sons (5 & 8) were excited until the shoulder harness came down. My 5 year old went absolutely crazy. It took about 30 minutes to get him calm afterwards. He is usually a daredevil but this unnerved him. Unfortunately this was at the beginning of our trip and his was scared to ride anything after that.
My second bad experience was SM. The last time I rode it, it was so jerky and I hurt my back.

cameraguy

pat_naughty05 said:
Another one for M:S...

I've ridden the ride twice. The first time was shortly after it opened (2003?). I rode with my dad's girlfriend and her sister, got off and felt perfectly fine. We went about our day at Epcot with no problems. The second time was this past July. I was there with my mom, stepdad, and little brother. I told them that I had ridden before and it wasn't as bad as they make it seem. I was dead wrong. We all four ride together and get off stumbling over ourselves and feeling horrible. Luckily, we all felt better once we got a little snack in us. Since I've had two different experiences on this ride, I can't decide whether or not to ride on future trips...

The same thing happened to me, except I rode it twice in one day. That was big mistake. If you do ride it...Once is plenty!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom