Worst Disney ride experience.

Damien666

Let's see, I had one moment in MGM's ToT where there was this one couple that was arguing throughout the library preshow and shouting the F word a couple times.

SGE-The entire attraction. It was my first and last time on that thing. All those kids screaming in terror (In a bad way) and the parents looking very bored and ticked off for waiting so long for it. I'm glad I Fastpassed it. Surprisingly, I never had a bad moment with screaming kids on AE. There may have been some young girls in line, but they have been on it several times and liked it. :cool:

With M:S, I went on that 14 times in one day. That's how much I'm used to spinning rides.

natalia1681

I love Buzz Lightyear, but once got stuck in the little hallway for over 20 minutes, with the same 10 second loop going over and over and over.....

I kept thinking I was going to lose it and start crying. My husband thought it was great, though, because he just kept racking up the points.:lol: I was so focused on not crying like a baby, I forgot to shoot anything:cry:

joshwill

stockboy3796 said:
Ok worst ride experience, lets keep this Disney only.

Ok mine is Mission Space, I know its popular to pick on but I rode it in preview and not only did I almost throw up, but the little kid next to me did while the ride was going.

I have gone on the ride since then and I swear it is toned down ALOT.

everytime after the first time id been on M:S, id thot it was toned down. i asked a cm there about it an he said that it wasnt, that i was that your body knows what to expect from it so it doesnt feel as intense as the first time.

pluto77

These may not be the worst experiences, but they were annoying.

Once on Carousel of Progress, when I was riding it with my Aunt and nephew this lady started talking on her cell phone. It was a mom probably in her 40's and she was just talking in a normal phone voice (which is loud) and didn't even care that she might be disturbing everyone else. It wasn't an emergency or anything either, she was just talking about her day and where they were going to meet next. It was so annoying!

The other is when I was on Splash Mountain with my brother and niece. We were all three in one row, but somehow we must've got stuck between a family. Well the whole ride they were splashing eachother. Their was a girl and someone else behind us, a boy and someone in front of us, and then the parents up front, and they obviously didn't care that we were between them and they were getting us soaked too. Even the dad kept splashing, while hitting us. We must've been invisible or something.

ctwhalerman

It's not a ride experience, but a queue experience. Try waiting for Peter Pan when there is a hole in the cement, and out of that hole are moving giant cockroaches. This was back in 1998, but if you look in the concrete at Peter Pan, you will see where they patched the hole, and how gross it was to see giant bugs coming out of it.

abe_bb

I have two of them...

The first would have to be Mission: Space. Decided I would try it, thinking that (while I don't like spinny rides) the visual cues woul help me along. not to mention it just looked cool.

never. Again. I could barely walk coming out, my skin broke into a cold sweat and my heart started skipping. My wife made me lay down for a couple of minutes, and I started feeling better after some deep breathign excersises. (And I am a normally healthy person).

Of course, that doesn't mean I think it should be shut down. It's a great ride, and thousands upon thousands of people love it. It's just not for me.

The second, I fear, was our fault...

My daughter was 5 when we went last year, adn while watching the disney shows on travel and history channels, and also the dvd's, the ride she wanted to go on the most was the Tower of Terror.

We talked with her about it. We showed her what would happen. We showed her video's from every perspective and angle, of kids crying and people clapping at the end. We showed her the dark (she doesn't like dark rides), the "ghost" things, picturse of the hotel. She didn't care, it was her goal to ride the Tower of Terror.

We got to MGM, and stood outside the ToT. We let her "absorb" the size of it, the screaming people, etc. She wasn't scared.

She was fine through all the pre-show and walkthrough (granted, it was only a 10 minute wait at the time). She was even fine when we strapped her in, and when the elevator moved.

Then the ride dropped, and she started bawling. Not screaming (hey, who doesn't scream on that ride?), but flat out tears gushing bawling. We felt like such bad parents. We had done everything we coudl to prepare her (and tried a lot to dissuade her from riding). Oh well. She now says she wants to go on again this year. After all, in her words "I already know what it's like, i won't be scared". We'll see ;)

Edeyore

My worst experience has fallen into a number of categories, so some may have heard this before, maybe even a couple of times. (sorry) In February of 2004 I road Mission: Space a short while after having lunch at the Land. (tuna roll) The ride was exciting, but when I got off I actually felt a little wobbly. The family and I decided on something relaxing next. So, off we went to Spaceship Earth. A little over halfway through the ride a began feeling queasy and the smells from Rome burning just did me in. The ride actually halted for some unknown reason and I got sick. I blame Mission: Space but my kids love to tease me that the only ride I have ever been sick on was Spaceship Earth.

Thessair

Namine78 said:
Spaceship Earth stopping 3 times...which happened on my first ever visit and has totally soured me on that ride.

I've noticed that a lot of times when SSE stops, it isn't because the ride is having problems but for the loading and unloading of handicapped persons.

But to keep things on topic...

The worst experience I had at the park wasn't even really that bad. I was at MNSSHP the night before Wilma came through last year. It started raining like crazy and I figured that with the storm coming through, it wasn't going to stop. I got soaked getting back to the bus and the resort. Of course it was only 8 and I didn't want to sit around.

So, after a quick change of clothes, I dashed through a lull and hopped a bus for Downtown Disney. Popping into the Virgin Megastore, I grabbed a book and made a break for the Marketplace to get dinner. By this point it was storming so bad I could scarcely see my hand in front of face. However, the moment I put my hand on the door at the Earl of Sandwich, the rain stopped. Completely. And didn’t start again for hours. But, I was too waterlogged and tired by this point to go back to the MK. So I left the Halloween Party early for no reason whatsoever. The next two days of practically empty parks and cool weather more than made up for it, though.
:D

saltmom1

My worst experience was Dinosaur. I HATED that ride and will never go on it again. I didn't like how jerky it was and I though t it was just plain pointless. Maybe I was in a bad mood or something.

Since1976

We decided to ride Carousel of Progress for what we predicted might be the last time ever.

At one point, some lady got up and walked out of the theatre, causing the carousel to stop moving suddenly. The panels and walls shook, which took everyone out of the moment. Suddenly we were all aware that we were on a ride, and not just watching a good show. To add insult to injury, the voice of the ride operator interrupted (twice) to warn us to remain seated.

The anmatronics themselves kept going through all this, so our show was off by a few minutes. The next scene was already in progress by the time we stopped moving.

All in all, a bad way to experience the show.

Dragonrider1227

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride scared the FRACK out of me when I was six. I was crying for I don't know how long when it was over.
On a more recent time, when the boats in Pirates sort of bumped into each other and got stuck. Our boat got stuck right under the hairy, muddy leg. LOL Not a bad experience. actually funny but worth mentioning.

minnie2000

Kali river rapids - although I love the ride, we all went on as a family, in the morning, and we expected to get splashed, and all of us did. But, I didn't just get splashed, a small wave came over our boat, and went over me - I was drenched - not just a bit wet, absolutely soaked right through to my underwear! And the water was dirty and smelly....

I would ride again, but at the end of the day (and possibly wearing a poncho!)

hokielutz

minnie2000 said:
Kali river rapids - although I love the ride, we all went on as a family, in the morning, and we expected to get splashed, and all of us did. But, I didn't just get splashed, a small wave came over our boat, and went over me - I was drenched - not just a bit wet, absolutely soaked right through to my underwear! And the water was dirty and smelly....

I would ride again, but at the end of the day (and possibly wearing a poncho!)

Ah-ha! that same thing happens to my wife all the time... she is the one that get hit by that wall of water. Best thing is to ride in the moring after its warmed up a bit... Then let the sun and heat dry you out. Don't wear a poncho... your will get a ribbing from the other riders in your boat and the cm's

PBarton

It's a Small World...

I have this on tape (somewhere)

We got on the ride, no problems so far. Ended up sitting behind two Americans parents with a young child.

As we passed through each country they (loudly) explained to the child where they were supposed to be - we have no problems with that either, the child was learning something....

:brick:

But they had NO idea at all where they were, as we passed the Taj Mahal in India, they loudly shouted "Look, now we are in Africa"

This continued throughout the ride, including loads of totally inacurate facts - we have the whole event on tape. The annoying thing is that the actual recording of the ride came out great, but the stupid commentary ruined it!

It's quite funny now though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom