Worst Disney Attractions? (Current & Otherwise)

Which ones are worst?

• Journey Into YOUR Imagination

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Habit Heroes

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Phantom Boats

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Path of the Jedi

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Launch Bay

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Stitch’s Great Escape

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Superstar Limo

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Flying Saucers

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Canal Boats of the World

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

Zorro

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - I went on this attraction once shortly after it opened in 2005 - never again. I'm surprised that this charmless waste of time is still around 15 years later and that it is actually held in high regard by some. If Ed Wood had been an imagineer, I imagine that this is about what he would have produced.

Captain EO - there is a difference between timely and timeless. In the 1980s, this attraction made sense. A few short years later after Michael Jackson's life and career both took nosedives, it made as much sense as the Brady Bunch carpeting. Tacky is the word that comes to mind. I wish the imagineers would better understand why aiming for timelessness, while far more difficult than aiming for the low-lying timely fruit, is far more satisfying for all parties involved.

Star Tours - technically a well done attraction, but I'm adding it to this list as I think the attraction set a bad precedent for the park. If the SW presence had been limited to this one attraction, I would feel that it would be a decent addition to the park's lineup. However, given how the SW franchise has been a stifling influence upon the park's development and culture over the past three decades, I wish that we had never had this initial encroachment.

Innoventions - a great concept that, in theory, should have worked well within Tomorrowland. Who wouldn't want to check out up and coming technologies that will be available to us in the near to the distant future. However, when in execution it is not much different from the electronics section at Walmart or Costco, it's simply boring.

waltography

Oh, ok. Thanks! Does it actually work still or just a prop now?
Esmerelda still works, and it actually has a nice integration with the Disney Parks Play app. Before the pandemic when I was still an AP, I'd stop by the fortune teller on each visit and check in on the app, and she'd spit out a free fortune along with a new chapter of a story related to the automaton. I liked collecting them as a free souvenir. Of course, if you didn't care about the story, you could also drop in some coins to get an old fashioned fortune instead.

I think the fortune teller by Pirates also has a similar integration with the app, but I'm not sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom