Worst Disney Attractions? (Current & Otherwise)

Which ones are worst?

• Journey Into YOUR Imagination

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Habit Heroes

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Phantom Boats

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Path of the Jedi

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Launch Bay

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Stitch’s Great Escape

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Superstar Limo

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Flying Saucers

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Canal Boats of the World

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

Miru

Original Poster
This is prob an unpopular opinion but I think Nemo Subs and Autopia are a giant waste of space in DL. They take up like 20% of the park and are the 2 worst rides in it imo. The entire east side of DL needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt.

Also Goofys Sky School in CA doesnt belong at all. Its a cheap generic wild mouse coaster that you would find in six flags.
Disagreed on the first two, Autopia has very nice natural theming, and I like the presence of longer rides in the park. GSS, though? Tear it down. Get Stitch to replace it.
I genuinely think MF:SR is the worst existing ride at Disneyland Park when factoring in what the purpose of each ride is and how well it suits that purpose.

In total, Gadget’s Go Coaster may be worse than MF:SR - but it’s meant to be the first coaster for a 3-year-old. It can’t be much more than it is.

Autopia - again, it may be worse on paper. But it’s a classic attraction meant to give very young children the impression that they’re driving. And unlike WDW, DL has maintained the attraction to ensure it remains a tolerable experience. The landscaping and scenery are generally good. Those who haven’t been to WDW may not realize how good Autopia is in comparison.

Subs - are they even bad? They’re claustrophobic, but I enjoy the ride itself. You don’t get many 15-minute rides these days. Plus, the lagoon adds a lot of sorely needed kinetic energy to Tomorrowland and it’s positioned beautifully right under the Matterhorn.

In contrast, MF:SR was a big-budget attraction aimed at adults and children alike. And it falls so unbelievably short.
Agreed. They really need to add more variety to MF, I felt the line experience and exterior are superior to the actual ride. Maybe even replace it and use the building for M&G.

smooch

...anyway...

It's not the worst by a mile, but I'm mad at having waited over 3 hours for the Nemo Subs on my birthday when I was young (my family and I weren't pass holders then, and we didn't know any better since it was the summer it opened). For that, it's the worst for me.
Sorta similar story, but I wasn't upset because I was young at the time but I'm sure my parents were annoyed. We went the summer it opened so I was 7-8 years old, and the line was about 2.5 hours and my brothers and I absolutely loved Finding Nemo so naturally we had to ride the subs. It blew my mind as a kid, the bubble effect was convincing enough to make me think we were really going deeper into the water (even though you literally never see them submerge in the lagoon) and we had a blast. I don't think my dad minded, but my mom does not like tight spaces if you're cramped with other people (hates taking the subway or anything like that) so that ride definitely was not her thing. This is why I find it hard to call rides "bad" in most cases, while I haven't ridden in years and the last time I rode while being older it was alright, nothing crazy good or terrible, it was amazing to me when I was little and it definitely still has that effect on younger kids today.

waltography

Sorta similar story, but I wasn't upset because I was young at the time but I'm sure my parents were annoyed. We went the summer it opened so I was 7-8 years old, and the line was about 2.5 hours and my brothers and I absolutely loved Finding Nemo so naturally we had to ride the subs. It blew my mind as a kid, the bubble effect was convincing enough to make me think we were really going deeper into the water (even though you literally never see them submerge in the lagoon) and we had a blast. I don't think my dad minded, but my mom does not like tight spaces if you're cramped with other people (hates taking the subway or anything like that) so that ride definitely was not her thing. This is why I find it hard to call rides "bad" in most cases, while I haven't ridden in years and the last time I rode while being older it was alright, nothing crazy good or terrible, it was amazing to me when I was little and it definitely still has that effect on younger kids today.
We're about the same age! My mom also hated the tight interior and thought the subs were dingy; my dad just hated the wait. 😂

I love that the lagoon is there, and I love the kinetic energy in that area of the park with the Matterhorn, subs, and monorail! But the ride is a hard pass for me unless there's no wait and we're waiting on a Fastpass for Matterhorn.

smooch

I love that area too! I really love the view when walking up the ramp to the monorail station in TL, the subs below, the monorail in the distance approaching the station, and the Matterhorn towering over it all is a beautiful sight! I haven't gone on it in so many years, I almost did with my group of friends on my last trip about 3 years ago but we decided against it because there wasn't a good time where we wouldn't have to wait too long to ride. Instead we did a grand circle tour on the DLRR which was time spent much better.

Professortango1

This ride triggers me. My friend and I were staying on site and had early entry. Our old teacher had the ability to sign us into the park for free, but, like a fool, we wanted to ride Nemo and avoid the line with early entry. So we paid full price tickets, waited the 90 minutes to ride, and felt like suckers. We should have definitely saved our money and waited a few months to ride.

Robbiem

Most of paradise / pixar pier. You can put all the spin you want on it but theming a theme park to an amusement park isnt a great idea.

bryanfze55

Y'know what really bugs me about PIXAR Pier? They didn't even go all-out with it. Are Goofy's Sky School and the Little Mermaid ride really so popular that they were spared? What's the point of retheming a land if you're not even going to retheme ALL of it?

Technically, those aren’t part of Pixar Pier. They’re in “Paradise Gardens” or something. All garbage, nonetheless.

Miru

Original Poster
Technically, those aren’t part of Pixar Pier. They’re in “Paradise Gardens” or something. All garbage, nonetheless.
To be fair, TLM (and TSM, for that matter) isn’t COMPLETE garbage like the rest. There’s still potential for a good revamp in there.

bryanfze55

To be fair, TLM (and TSM, for that matter) isn’t COMPLETE garbage like the rest. There’s still potential for a good revamp in there.

I should’ve emphasized garbage in terms of theming rather than garbage in terms of attractions. Heck, I even enjoy a whirl on the Silly Symphony Swings sometimes.

Old Mouseketeer

I genuinely think MF:SR is the worst existing ride at Disneyland Park when factoring in what the purpose of each ride is and how well it suits that purpose.

In total, Gadget’s Go Coaster may be worse than MF:SR - but it’s meant to be the first coaster for a 3-year-old. It can’t be much more than it is.

Autopia - again, it may be worse on paper. But it’s a classic attraction meant to give very young children the impression that they’re driving. And unlike WDW, DL has maintained the attraction to ensure it remains a tolerable experience. The landscaping and scenery are generally good. Those who haven’t been to WDW may not realize how good Autopia is in comparison.

Subs - are they even bad? They’re claustrophobic, but I enjoy the ride itself. You don’t get many 15-minute rides these days. Plus, the lagoon adds a lot of sorely needed kinetic energy to Tomorrowland and it’s positioned beautifully right under the Matterhorn.

In contrast, MF:SR was a big-budget attraction aimed at adults and children alike. And it falls so unbelievably short.
I love Gadget's. It's a cute little starter coaster for kids. But I enjoy it, even though it's so short.

Old Mouseketeer

I was only interested in it because “it was based on the Flying Saucers”, and I wanted to try a vintage ride like that. Turns out that was NOT an ideal ride to bring back.
I rode it at least half a dozen times. I liked it because I only got to ride the Flying Saucers a couple of times and I wasn't big enough to ride alone. But it was by no means a great ride, or even all that good. I enjoyed it for nostalgia. I think you just had to get used to the fact that it responded very slowly, and you couldn't lean over too far or you would actually slow yourself down. It was hard to get up any speed because it was so crowded, but a couple of times there was an opening to zoom most of the way across and it was fun.

Cpt. Sassypants

What about the old pirate's ride at DHS, the one where you walk through the attraction to help out captain jack sparrow. I forgot the name but that was a ripoff. Oh, let's not forget the Lilo ride at Tomorrowland that only opens during capacity.

By the way, when did they get fortune tellers at DL? Is that like a side attraction like caricatures

Brer Panther

What about the old pirate's ride at DHS, the one where you walk through the attraction to help out captain jack sparrow. I forgot the name but that was a ripoff. Oh, let's not forget the Lilo ride at Tomorrowland that only opens during capacity.
That would be The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow and Stitch's Great Escape respectively, cap'n.

Sharon&Susan

By the way, when did they get fortune tellers at DL? Is that like a side attraction like caricatures
Esmerelda's been there since 1955 at the Penny Arcade.
1609380987564.png

She seems to have gotten her current design by 1956:
1609381145332.png

Red the Fortune Teller was added in 1966 along with the Pirates Arcade Museum and Shrunken Ned was added during the 80's during a refurb of the Adventureland Bazaar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom