World of Disney Store Redesign Coming

D

Deleted member 107043

Their core audience couldn't care less about the design of the store, as long as it's filled with toys and pajamas of all their favorite characters ;)

I wouldn't dismiss kids so easily. Smart retailers do their research (as noted in the article) and I'm fairly certain that just any old shop selling Disney junk made in China wouldn't cut it with most kids.

Curious Constance

I can't imagine this redesign being good for business. Why would anyone come here now that didn't before? Same junk you can get anywhere else for about 30% or more above what you can get it anywhere else. And now it's not even very appealing or eye catching for kids. I can't even tell there are toys in that picture, it's so bland and sterile.

TP2000

Busted. :oops: I am so embarrassed. Bye.

bgrrj_s-200x150.gif

Seriously, where the heck do you get these?!? I absolutely loved Good Times! I find myself humming the theme song occasionally in the car, especially when I pass a Check Cashing store and suddenly bust out into the "Easy credit ripoffs, good times!" lyric, and then I go silent again.

Meanwhile, back at the mall...

I wonder if they are cheaping out on these Disney Stores because they know the American Mall is dying? They need to keep the stores fresh for those customers still showing up, but there's no telling where many American malls will be five years from now so they don't want to invest huge amounts of money into the stores. That would explain how cheap this new version of the Disney Store looks.

D

Deleted member 107043

I can't imagine this redesign being good for business. Why would anyone come here now that didn't before? Same junk you can get anywhere else for about 30% or more above what you can get it anywhere else. And now it's not even very appealing or eye catching for kids. I can't even tell there are toys in that picture, it's so bland and sterile.

I spent the first half my career in retail working in sales, as a manager, and in procurement and I can tell you that while retailers do care a lot about traffic what they care about most is sales. Having a pretty Disney shop that evokes a theme park experience is just one part of the equation and doesn't necessarily translate into sales. This is all to say I can't believe that Disney would strip down their shops without any internal and external data to support the changes. From what I gathered from the NYT article they seem to be proceeding with some level of caution, which indicates that on some level this may still be an experiment.

D

Deleted member 107043

Seriously, where the heck do you get these?!? I absolutely loved Good Times! I find myself humming the theme song occasionally in the car, especially when I pass a Check Cashing store and suddenly bust out into the "Easy credit ripoffs, good times!" lyric, and then I go silent again.

LOL!! I sing the theme from The Jeffersons every now and then.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This appears to be a trend for all of retail not just Disney:

https://www.creativedisplaysnow.com/mastering-minimalism-retail-store/

The idea is that old saying is right, less is more. Disney Stores are just following the latest retail design trends. Because if your store looks out of touch then your company looks out of touch and less likely to attraction consumers not already interested in your goods. This idea has been around for awhile now. Some have mentioned Apple, they appear to be one of the leaders of the trend that others are emulating.

D

Deleted member 107043

Last edited by a moderator:

DLR92

Damn...those Disney store just feel bland and generic. They need to look into how to make the retail design with some whimsical aspect. Honestly I don't connote Disney being minimalistic and sterile.

Perhaps they need to be more innovated with products. Most of those stuff I see in Disney Stores I would expect in the amusement parks. LOL

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom