• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

World Of Color Refurbishment

mnelson3

Exactly. Disneyland has a vastly superior Fantamic and a night parade. Which combined with world of color and seasonal fireworks puts their evening entertainment on par with WDW despite not having anything like illuminations or Happily Ever After.
My bad, I misread your post. Thought you meant WDWs entertainment is as good as WoC, F! and Paint The Night lol. That’s debatable. WDW needs to update their F! and, well, get a nighttime parade on par if not hopefully better then Paint The Night. WoC, well, Universal Studios in Orlando seems to be the only park in FL that will barely come close to WoC.

iMax

Advertisement
Before PTN was a thing in DCA did they commonly run two showings of WOC or was it usually just one?

Emmanuel

Before PTN was a thing in DCA did they commonly run two showings of WOC or was it usually just one?
WoC mainly does 2 shows on weekends and once on weekdays during off-season and twice a night during the busy periods.

Before WoC got delayed in its return last year they did post a schedule showing Paint starting at 8:50 and WoC at 10:15 so there is a plan to scale it to one show with PTN running and likely go back to normal schedule when PTN isn’t running

iMax

WoC mainly does 2 shows on weekends and once on weekdays during off-season and twice a night during the busy periods.

Before WoC got delayed in its return last year they did post a schedule showing Paint starting at 8:50 and WoC at 10:15 so there is a plan to scale it to one show with PTN running and likely go back to normal schedule when PTN isn’t running
There actually used to be THREE showings of WOC.
Thanks, I'm in the midst of planning a trip back in early May and the way things are looking with WOC it looks like nighttime entertainment will be stacked, I'm hoping PTN will make a return before I go since that's my favorite parade, but trying to fit WOC, PTN, Mix Magic (probably will only watch once), & Fantasmic all in a few days is pretty challenging.

The_Bellringer

Thanks, I'm in the midst of planning a trip back in early May and the way things are looking with WOC it looks like nighttime entertainment will be stacked, I'm hoping PTN will make a return before I go since that's my favorite parade, but trying to fit WOC, PTN, Mix Magic (probably will only watch once), & Fantasmic all in a few days is pretty challenging.
My advice would be to do Fantasmic and the fireworks in one night. I went during Christmas, got a fast pass and had a great view of the show and fireworks. The fireworks get cancelled more often than you’d think at DL. I get the castle view is iconic, but I’d rather not spend 2-3 hours staking out my spot only to hear the “Due to high winds...” announcement.

This way, you’re guaranteed a show.

Darkbeer1

>The popular World of Color water-and-light spectacle is slated to return to Disney California Adventure on Saturday, Feb. 23, Disneyland officials confirmed Monday, more than nine months after it was shut down in the wake of a mysterious accident.<<
>The show that’s returning is the same production that was shuttered in April. Disney officials said it will open initially on a “test-and-adjust” basis for at least the first week.<<

Darkbeer1

Why “test and adjust”? Isn’t it basically press play and go? Did the accident damage it that severely?
Well, Marketing wants the official opening on March 1st, to match the Food and Wine, and the scheduled press events.

So there has to be a "reason" for opening it prior to that date. And coming out and saying our current evening offerings at DCA are so weak without World of Color, well, Disney won't allow you to say that.

jrhwdw

Well, Marketing wants the official opening on March 1st, to match the Food and Wine, and the scheduled press events.

So there has to be a "reason" for opening it prior to that date. And coming out and saying our current evening offerings at DCA are so weak without World of Color, well, Disney won't allow you to say that.
So I wonder if DPB(if they mention WOC at all) will go with next weekend or March 1st?

Is attendance finally dropping off at night after the Lunar events are done for the day? Or are people still in the park till 10 on weekends?

Ismael Flores

My advice would be to do Fantasmic and the fireworks in one night. I went during Christmas, got a fast pass and had a great view of the show and fireworks. The fireworks get cancelled more often than you’d think at DL. I get the castle view is iconic, but I’d rather not spend 2-3 hours staking out my spot only to hear the “Due to high winds...” announcement.

This way, you’re guaranteed a show.
it really depends now though, if its a weekday the new show really works better in mainstreet. I’m guessing if you watch mickeys mix magic at rivers of america its just the projections on the water screens. Disney is not doing fireworks for the show on weekdays. After watching fantasmic more projections on water screens without it being all around you might not give you the oarty mood you get from mainstreet

Mickey mix magic during the week with no fireworks on mainstreet at least gives you the lasers and lighting in surround environment

Last edited:

The_Bellringer

it really depends now though, if its a weekday the new show really works better in mainstreet. I’m guessing if you watch mickeys mix magic at rivers of america its just the projections on the water screens. Disney is not doing fireworks for the show on weekdays. After watching fantasmic more projections on water screens without it being all around you might not give you the oarty mood you get from mainstreet

Mickey mix magic during the week with no fireworks on mainstreet at least gives you the lasers and lighting in surround environment
That’s true, mickeys mix magic without fireworks would be better on Main Street. I’ve been burned with so many fireworks cancellations I just avoid Main Street and the castle like the plague now during the shows lol.

WildernessLodge

I'm going to DCA (for the first time!) on Sun 2/24 - will WoC be playing then? It sounds like it but I'm not sure what these tests entail. Thanks!

Emmanuel

All WoC platforms were submerged today. The light barges they made for Season of Light are still out there. Possible integration to the regular show?

The_Bellringer

All WoC platforms were submerged today. The light barges they made for Season of Light are still out there. Possible integration to the regular show?
I'm hoping they incorporate those AND the lights that were installed on Mickey's Fun Wheel that were first used for Winter Dreams. It seems silly not to integrate them into the regular show after going through all the trouble to put them up there.

SuddenStorm

I'm hoping they incorporate those AND the lights that were installed on Mickey's Fun Wheel that were first used for Winter Dreams. It seems silly not to integrate them into the regular show after going through all the trouble to put them up there.
I disagree. Keep some effects unique to the different shows- it helps keep them unique.

The snow's a lot less special now that it's being used outside of Christmas for example.

Darkbeer1

Any reason why Disney hasn't announced its return yet?
Disney has acknowledged the show will be starting again on the 22nd.

But Disney is planning for a Media event on March 1st. So they are using that platform for the official announcement.

And just in case something goes wrong in the first few days, they can claim it was just a Test and adjust event, and should be expected.

But we are also coming to the Spring Break period in March and April, which has large crowds, with a higher percentage of visitors compared to locals. So they really don't need more AP's and SoCal specials showing up until late April.

iMax

Disney has acknowledged the show will be starting again on the 22nd.

But Disney is planning for a Media event on March 1st. So they are using that platform for the official announcement.

And just in case something goes wrong in the first few days, they can claim it was just a Test and adjust event, and should be expected.

But we are also coming to the Spring Break period in March and April, which has large crowds, with a higher percentage of visitors compared to locals. So they really don't need more AP's and SoCal specials showing up until late April.
Showtimes aren't on their site though, and dining packages are still open.

Top Bottom