World Of Color Refurbishment

Ismael Flores

My advice would be to do Fantasmic and the fireworks in one night. I went during Christmas, got a fast pass and had a great view of the show and fireworks. The fireworks get cancelled more often than you’d think at DL. I get the castle view is iconic, but I’d rather not spend 2-3 hours staking out my spot only to hear the “Due to high winds...” announcement.

This way, you’re guaranteed a show.

it really depends now though, if its a weekday the new show really works better in mainstreet. I’m guessing if you watch mickeys mix magic at rivers of america its just the projections on the water screens. Disney is not doing fireworks for the show on weekdays. After watching fantasmic more projections on water screens without it being all around you might not give you the oarty mood you get from mainstreet

Mickey mix magic during the week with no fireworks on mainstreet at least gives you the lasers and lighting in surround environment

Last edited:

The_Bellringer

it really depends now though, if its a weekday the new show really works better in mainstreet. I’m guessing if you watch mickeys mix magic at rivers of america its just the projections on the water screens. Disney is not doing fireworks for the show on weekdays. After watching fantasmic more projections on water screens without it being all around you might not give you the oarty mood you get from mainstreet

Mickey mix magic during the week with no fireworks on mainstreet at least gives you the lasers and lighting in surround environment
That’s true, mickeys mix magic without fireworks would be better on Main Street. I’ve been burned with so many fireworks cancellations I just avoid Main Street and the castle like the plague now during the shows lol.

Emmanuel

All WoC platforms were submerged today. The light barges they made for Season of Light are still out there. Possible integration to the regular show?

The_Bellringer

All WoC platforms were submerged today. The light barges they made for Season of Light are still out there. Possible integration to the regular show?
I'm hoping they incorporate those AND the lights that were installed on Mickey's Fun Wheel that were first used for Winter Dreams. It seems silly not to integrate them into the regular show after going through all the trouble to put them up there.

SuddenStorm

I'm hoping they incorporate those AND the lights that were installed on Mickey's Fun Wheel that were first used for Winter Dreams. It seems silly not to integrate them into the regular show after going through all the trouble to put them up there.

I disagree. Keep some effects unique to the different shows- it helps keep them unique.

The snow's a lot less special now that it's being used outside of Christmas for example.

Darkbeer1

Any reason why Disney hasn't announced its return yet?

Disney has acknowledged the show will be starting again on the 22nd.

But Disney is planning for a Media event on March 1st. So they are using that platform for the official announcement.

And just in case something goes wrong in the first few days, they can claim it was just a Test and adjust event, and should be expected.

But we are also coming to the Spring Break period in March and April, which has large crowds, with a higher percentage of visitors compared to locals. So they really don't need more AP's and SoCal specials showing up until late April.

iMax

Disney has acknowledged the show will be starting again on the 22nd.

But Disney is planning for a Media event on March 1st. So they are using that platform for the official announcement.

And just in case something goes wrong in the first few days, they can claim it was just a Test and adjust event, and should be expected.

But we are also coming to the Spring Break period in March and April, which has large crowds, with a higher percentage of visitors compared to locals. So they really don't need more AP's and SoCal specials showing up until late April.

Showtimes aren't on their site though, and dining packages are still open.

Darkbeer1

Showtimes aren't on their site though, and dining packages are still open.

As they have stated, Test and Adjust, and they can apply Disney's favorite statement, everything is subject to change.

If you are lucky enough to be in the area, enjoy the show. But we are not promising anything. Typical CYA stuff.

Lawyer approved and Marketing approved.

AJFireman

OCRegister article says Disney officials advised them the 23rd from the article dated the 11th for test and adjust. Also those that did have dining reservations on the 22nd are saying Disney called them with a cancellation.

TTA94

Came across this post on DLs website when someone asked, a few weeks ago, if Paint The Night would be returning? They replied with Paint The Night has been retired from the Disneyland Resort. Slightly odd they used the word retired instead of hiatus or something more temporary.

drizgirl

Came across this post on DLs website when someone asked, a few weeks ago, if Paint The Night would be returning? They replied with Paint The Night has been retired from the Disneyland Resort. Slightly odd they used the word retired instead of hiatus or something more temporary.

I'm not buying that. The Mom's Panel is notorious for giving out bad information. They're going to need it in DCA this summer when Star Wars opens in DL.

jrhwdw

I'm not buying that. The Mom's Panel is notorious for giving out bad information. They're going to need it in DCA this summer when Star Wars opens in DL.
While I've never followed/used Disney Moms Panel, until we some official word, this is VERY INTERESTING! Any insiders know if PTN is still backstage at DLR?

fctiger

Why would they retire PTN so soon?? Its just been out three years, especially one that is so elaborate. Unless they are sending it to WDW or another park.

Last edited:

iMax

Honestly just send the parade to WDW and call it a day. Is there a reason it's always down??

TTA94

Honestly just send the parade to WDW and call it a day. Is there a reason it's always down??

I’ll start this out with NO!!!! PTN for the millionth time is not leaving the Disneyland Resort! Lol

Seriously though WDW fans need to be careful what they wish for. They Really do Not want this to ever happen! It will ruin WDW getting their own brand new parade, hopefully unique like SpectroMagic!

iMax

First off, where did this post go? Second, is MSEP even on property? Third, is MSEP even still functional?? That parade is literally half a century old.

TTA94

View attachment 351116
First off, where did this post go? Second, is MSEP even on property? Third, is MSEP even still functional?? That parade is literally half a century old.

It was reported, well rumored, that PTN was in a warehouse with MSEP... still on the West coast.

Unless our DL insiders say otherwise, it likely still stands that PTN will come out of storage this summer and make a “surprise” return. Been said many times it’s a “Seasonal” parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom