World of Color in EPCOT?????

lazyboy97o

Regardless of the technology needs, it would make no sense in EPCOT Center. World of Color is a celebration of Disney films, World Showcase is a celebration of people's of the world.

aladdin2007

Sorry, I would much prefer something different, or shall I say unique to WDW.

Agreed, would much rather something tied in to the spirit of Epcot and World Showcase, not the movies. MK cant even get a decent new daytime parade, TDO sure isnt going to pay for something as grand as world of color.

NoChesterHester

I would love to see some of the technology make it's way into ROE, but I love the show we currently have. Some WOC fountains and projector upgrades to the lagoon would be welcome.

TinkerBell9988

Is this a rumor? Or news?

(Perhaps move to General Discussion...)

I'd love to see an incarnation of this as an "attraction" for Downtown Disney.

zjer

I would hope not, especially not at the expense of Illuminations. Besides, World of Color isn't that impressive of a show. The TRON section is rad and the technology is neat but the show is 'meh...:snore:

Now if they could incorporate some of the technology to update Illuminations I would be impressed....

JimboJones123

It would literally take 20-25 water screens to create first of all.

Second, they would have to turn the lagoon into a clean water lake like DCA to keep gunk and nasties from growing on the lights. Plus that would end any transportation on the lagoon and would probably mean the end of any fireworks as well.

Not a well thought out plan at all.

yensid67

Tinkerbelle9988 said the best place for WoC would be in the DTD water area. I think a nighttime spectacle like WoC or similar, would draw more to the area in the evenings and increase the restaurant patron as well as the shoppers. I think WoC could be used as a DTD Kiss GoodNight, similar to the parks Goodnight Kisses. What a way to end a long day of shopping til you drop!

flavious27

With Illuminations, what would be the point? WDW already has a cloned show in DHS that is meh, there isn't a reason to tarnish what good woc has done by adding it to other parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This has been talked about a lot in the past few months. Try a search and you`ll see why it isn`t feasible in Showcase lagoon. Some of the tech might be though.

Raven - you really think that plan would happen?

Illuminations is among the best things WDW has ever done, and it will be a sad day when it is replaced by something that comes nowhere close to its soaring, inspirational music and pyrotechnics. WOC simply doesn't fit in Epcot, and there isn't a physical location for it anywhere in Fla, at this point.

DisneyWales

I cant see WoC coming to Epoct as it is in DCA.

But i can see the fountain technology making it into the next updated version of RoE.

WoC makes more sense, (both thematically and businesswise) coming to DHS or AK.

However for it to g into either park would require a new area set up just for the show, not impossible, but not something i see coming as anything less than part of a major land expansion on the scale of Everest/FLE.

Maybe an Atlantis themed land to AK, perfect reason to build a lake?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom