News World Drive Magic Kingdom Intersection Re-Design

Fantod

All these yellow lines were driving me crazy so I thought I would make it easier to see what happening.

View attachment 369043
View attachment 369044

View attachment 369045
Thanks, you did a great job with this. Looks like you'll finally be able to see the hidden mickey pond from the elevated overpass on Floridian way, oh no wait, it's going away to create a larger storm water drainage pond :(

With the addition of this pond it looks like there will be no more room for expanding the parking lot. This could prove to be an issue in the future if they continue to expand MK Capacity.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks, you did a great job with this. Looks like you'll finally be able to see the hidden mickey pond from the elevated overpass on Floridian way, oh no wait, it's going away to create a larger storm water drainage pond :(

With the addition of this pond it looks like there will be no more room for expanding the parking lot. This could prove to be an issue in the future if they continue to expand MK Capacity.

They could expand to the other side of World Drive and build a bridge or tunnel for the trams.

juniorthomas

This probably isn't what you meant, but I went for it anyway.

Before

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 8.28.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 8.28.31 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 279

mm121

They could expand to the other side of World Drive and build a bridge or tunnel for the trams.
Or a parking garage on the STOL port with a new charter bus depot on level one with a pedestrian bridge direct to ttc

Call it premium parking and charge more to fund the garage

Brad Bishop

If they build up Florida Way all the way from Reed Rd to the newly built junction then they'll have quite the nice access road for:
- Polynesian
- Grand Floridian
- (future hotel) - looks to be a nice lot right up against the MK there where the new pathway-bridge is being put in.

trainplane3

It also appears there is a new lighting package attached to this project. Say goodbye to the brightest thing in the Orlando sky. (the permanent orange glow that marks Magic Kingdom parking that can be seen as far away as Apopka)
Is this post possibly related to said new lighting package?

WDW Monorail

Is this post possibly related to said new lighting package?

Yes in the sense that was described in your linked thread is going away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom