News World Drive Magic Kingdom Intersection Re-Design

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District yesterday for improvements to the intersection of World Drive and the MK entrance.

Capture.JPG

djkidkaz

Weren't they supposed to do some road changes coming from the north built on land that was opened up after the petty speedway closed? I remember reading something about changes to the parking fee booths.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
My prediction is that we eventually will get a new TTC located where the speedway was. And IF they were ever do some sort of monorail expansion, the new TTC would have to be completed first to accommodate a new monorail line. Pure speculation.

that is an interesting thought... and would make good sense... all up until the price tag unfortunately... but I like the idea

I really hope that some of their latest WDW disasters will wake some people up and get more plans and construction underway... EVERYWHERE

Brad Bishop

That makes so much more sense than having to cut across the North end of the parking lot.

That whole area with the parking lot toll booths and the continuation of World Drive to the North always seemed dumb to me. I could understand them not having flyovers in the beginning but putting the toll booths on the way to your hotels? How did that ever make sense?

matt9112

Some of the ideas are neat I like the idea of revamping the TTC but moving it this far back would have me wondering what happens to ferry. One could argue those are unnecessary cost but the monorail as it stands couldn't make up for capacity and what happens when the beam goes down? I could see them switching to a bus/monorail but again why? Without any real info my guess would be that they want to move the toll booths over so to park at MK you are veering to the left and buses and resort ect will veer right off an "exit"

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Some of the ideas are neat I like the idea of revamping the TTC but moving it this far back would have me wondering what happens to ferry. One could argue those are unnecessary cost but the monorail as it stands couldn't make up for capacity and what happens when the beam goes down? I could see them switching to a bus/monorail but again why? Without any real info my guess would be that they want to move the toll booths over so to park at MK you are veering to the left and buses and resort ect will veer right off an "exit"

ah :facepalm: forgot about the ferry

P_Radden

Good point!

Well, even if they did ever build a new TTC further south near the speedway, they would probably still retain the ferries for Magic Kingdom guests to get to the parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom