World Class Customer Service

Disney Analyst

I will say that I can imagine DLP changing cast training to look out for the safety of the CM in this situation. If Disneyland Paris' perspective is that it's better to let the company deal with the potential fallout than have a CM risking their own safety, then that sounds reasonable.

DLP is only going to get crazier in terms of guests jumping over barriers if this is the case, though.

The real issue with this going viral is you just know people are going to copy cat this now, to see if they can get away with it.

celluloid

Haven’t we learned anything from Will Smith?
;)
Haha. Well if you want to bring that up, more specifically in this case we learned more from Chris Rock. When Will Smith stormed a stage he was not supposed to be on, Chris Rock did not steal a personal object to get his attention. He held is computer for safety and show.

Californian Elitist

Technically, yes, something was stolen. The fact that I give something back to you does not change the fact that I stole it in the first place.
Now Tom…

Something is considered “stolen” when said object does not belong to someone and that someone has not only taken it, but has not given it back and doesn’t intend to give it back. The CM snatched the ring, yes. Stole it? No.

Please.

Last edited:

Tom P.

Now Tom…

Something is considered “stolen” when said object does not belong to someone and that someone has not only taken it, but has not given it back and doesn’t intend to give it back. The CM snatched the ring, yes. Stole it? No.

Please.
I think you would find that your definition is not the legal one and would not hold up in court.

Smiley/OCD

Now Tom…

Please.
Well, considering the city you’re from, where I could walk into any CVS, Walgreens, etc. and take ANYTHING I want and it’s not considered stealing, I’ll take your definition with a grain of salt…

Californian Elitist

Well, considering the city you’re from, where I could walk into any CVS, Walgreens, etc. and take ANYTHING I want and it’s not considered stealing, I’ll take your definition with a grain of salt…
Okay, Smiley. Lol go off then.

9F074423-1376-48DA-A3A4-744F470B5344.gif

LittleBuford

Technically, yes, something was stolen. The fact that I give something back to you does not change the fact that I stole it in the first place.
I think you would find that your definition is not the legal one and would not hold up in court.
You are mistaken. In French law as in American (though not Canadian), theft is typically defined as takings someone's property with the intention of depriving them of it permanently. That clearly wasn't the CM's intent, so no, nothing was technically stolen (unless you're using the Canadian standard, which is irrelevant in this instance).

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

You are mistaken. In French law as in American (though not Canadian), theft is typically defined as takings someone's property with the intention of depriving them of it permanently. That clearly wasn't the CM's intent, so no, nothing was technically stolen (unless you're using the Canadian standard, which is irrelevant in this instance).

While our criminal code does mention 'temporarily' - I doubt anyone here would prosecute that CM based on the filmed evidence.

LittleBuford

While our criminal code does mention 'temporarily' - I doubt anyone here would prosecute that CM based on the filmed evidence.
Absolutely. I almost added something to that effect anyway but thought it too obvious to need stating (but then again, the whole discussion has entered really bizarre and far-fetched territory).

Californian Elitist

I once accidentally stole a pack of gum from a gas station and was convinced I'd one day be arrested for it...

And it really was an accident (it's a story...)
You’re most definitely a thief.

I’ve taken and worn my sister’s scarf many times, even without telling her sometimes. I too am a thief, a repeat offender, actually.

We both need to be cuffed and sent to the pen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom