working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Just popping in to say hi :)

Still keeping up with things, but playing around with my break day. It used to be Sunday, last week I tried Saturday (didn't like that), and this week I'm trying Friday. It may go back to Sunday once we have more weekend kid activities start up, but for now...Friday is my "early day" for work, meaning I have less early morning workout time. So, I'm breaking on the day when I have less time to do the bare minimum. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a treadmill. It's a lot of $ for something that's my backup plan. So instead, I went in for my annual fitting (already had to exchange out the first pair) and am getting a new running vest for better summer hydration. Oh, and because my calf muscles have been so tight, I pulled out my old step bench and have been using it for calf stretches and lifts throughout the day.

I'll leave you with some interesting (at least to me) wildlife from last weekend's run. On the left we have mallards, on the right we have a whistling duck (fairly common here), but in the middle...we have something I'd never seen before out in nature. They're Egyptian geese. They aren't native to the US, but enough have escaped from exhibits and personal collections to have breeding colonies in a few areas of the US (TX, FL & CA is what I read).

49906821266_c13287bc3d.jpg

epcotisbest

Been raining here for the last couple of days, so no yard work today, too wet. I don't like my schedule getting out of whack as I am a creature of habit, but it is just gonna have to wait.
Thought I would tell you about one of our two weird dogs. Yes, both are weird but Tyson, the oldest of the two Maltipoos has started doing something weird even for him.
They both sleep in their own beds on the floor beside my wife's side of the bed. They are pretty good about sleeping all night, but every now and then one gets up and starts pacing, wanting to go outside in the middle of the night. That does not happen a lot, but sometimes.
Anyway, Tyson, for the last few weeks, has started sleeping under our bed instead of in his own bed. He lightly snores, so you can hear where he winds up under the bed, sometimes at the head of the bed, sometimes at the foot, sometimes in the middle, like he is trying out all the locations.
For the past week or so, he has decided to lie on my side of bed, in the floor with his head under the bed skirt. First time I noticed this I thought it was odd. Next night he was in the same place, head under the bed skirt. This has been going on for about a week now.
One weird dog.

dog.jpg

epcotisbest

I found something interesting this morning, or at least interesting to me, to you it may be boring as all get out.
Found an old image of the house and land pre-tornado. You can see the solid wall of trees and leaves I had mentioned before.
It is kinda hard to make out, but in the google pic you can see the deck in the middle left of the photo and see the woods behind that side of the house.
In the other photo you can see where the trees used to be before the tornado dropped the trees and opened up a spot where there used to be no view but trees. It came that close. We got lucky. Still cleaning up some stuff and some of the trees in the woods will just remain where they fell.

land.jpgland2.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Hard to believe that May is almost over. The long weekend workouts were mixed. My run on Saturday still came with a lot of calf pain. The foot discomfort was at least a non-issue. We've had a lot of rain with thunder/lightning, so Sunday was a gym day. I really pushed hard, but yesterday, I was just exhausted. I only did about 2/3 of my biking and rather than traditional ab work, I planked a little. I was all set to wake up today for a morning workout, but storms kept me up half the night. I'm going to try and workout at lunch.

We also smoked a pork butt for the holiday weekend. It was so ridiculously juicy that I had to video it for @epcotisbest

I was also very bad and made my loaded baked potato salad. The stuff is pure food evil, but it's delicious. Tons of leftovers, but I'm going to leave that for the rest of the family.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I didn't get in a formal workout with the guys having a 5 day weekend. I carried and planted plants, carried and mulched until I ran out of mulch, lugged a few bags of dirt up to my deck and did the first weeding of the season. Oh and I made all the sides for the BBQ Saturday chicken, sausage and bison dogs

epcotisbest

Hard to believe that May is almost over. The long weekend workouts were mixed. My run on Saturday still came with a lot of calf pain. The foot discomfort was at least a non-issue. We've had a lot of rain with thunder/lightning, so Sunday was a gym day. I really pushed hard, but yesterday, I was just exhausted. I only did about 2/3 of my biking and rather than traditional ab work, I planked a little. I was all set to wake up today for a morning workout, but storms kept me up half the night. I'm going to try and workout at lunch.

We also smoked a pork butt for the holiday weekend. It was so ridiculously juicy that I had to video it for @epcotisbest

I was also very bad and made my loaded baked potato salad. The stuff is pure food evil, but it's delicious. Tons of leftovers, but I'm going to leave that for the rest of the family.

Now that looks really good. Thanks for sharing. Boston Butt is one of my favorite cooks, but I don't do it quite so often as I used to. The bark on that one looks great.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I can't get over how clean your broiler pan is! :joyfull:

Songbird76

I got out and mowed the lawn today. I put on sunscreen, because I burn easily. So even though I mowed in the morning to keep from being out in the hottest part of the day, the sun was shining directly on me, and I was sweating so badly that the sunscreen dripped into my eyes. OMG did that burn!! But I got quite a bit of exercise from the mowing anyway.

HouCuseChickie

My legs and feet are still protesting running, so I'm easing back in with walking and trying to keep myself at a decent pace...minus a few bits of running one I had really warmed up. I got in a little over 6 miles this morning and was doing really great until a biting fly chased me and bit me for a good third of a mile. I biked for a little over 6.5 after that and did some arms and abs.

Now I'm sitting here relaxing to Disney scents. I currently have the Pirate Life air freshener out in my office/gym and I've been using Beach Resort (which is the same as Contemporary, Floridian and Yacht) as my special hand sanitizer.

49946980477_8c0bb69e33.jpg

49946191513_b4dd8e2e83.jpg

Songbird76

We were so busy Friday and there was a system glitch that afternoon that made it impossible to do orders for a couple of hours. So by Friday when I got there, we were WAY behind and we had 3000 orders to get through in those 4 hours, plus whatever came in that evening. We got 3300 done and there were 2-300 orders left in the system that we didn't get done. But I was pretty stiff yesterday from walking full out as fast as I could for 4 hours. It was brutal and I was SWEATY! But I certainly got my exercise in!

I have never been much of a runner, but I do like taking twilight walks with my husband and little 4 year old girl through the neighborhood. My main source of fitness though is swimming. My gym I go to I skip right past the workout machines and head to the pool area and I swim laps and use the kick board. I seem to get a good workout. During this pandemic I have missed it and will continue to miss it as pools will seemingly remain closed throughout the summer. :(

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have never been much of a runner, but I do like taking twilight walks with my husband and little 4 year old girl through the neighborhood. My main source of fitness though is swimming. My gym I go to I skip right past the workout machines and head to the pool area and I swim laps and use the kick board. I seem to get a good workout. During this pandemic I have missed it and will continue to miss it as pools will seemingly remain closed throughout the summer. :(

Cute Avatar pic. I would like to include swimming in my workout routine but there isn't a pool in my small town. I can drive to to one about 30 minutes away, but seems like a hassle. I usually just go on walks, do yoga, or use the elliptical at home.

Cute Avatar pic. I would like to include swimming in my workout routine but there isn't a pool in my small town. I can drive to to one about 30 minutes away, but seems like a hassle. I usually just go on walks, do yoga, or use the elliptical at home.
I am going to have to get some sort of workout video for the indoors once it gets a little cooler. I have been sticking the walking, but with a 4 year old tugging on your arm the whole way my arm gets more of a workout then my legs.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I usually just go on walks, do yoga, or use the elliptical at home.

I always walk and hike all year long (basically, I just like getting outdoors). Those big indoor fancy gyms don't interest me. (However, gyms are helpful and provide a great service to many people, in helping them reach their fitness goals. ) If it was an outdoor gym, I might be interested. ;)

Years ago, I did try a gym for a few months, but again didn't like being cooped up inside.

Gotta say though, I am jealous of your elliptical machine you have at home. I tried that machine (years ago) at the gym and I liked how it was low impact. (The ones I've seen are very expensive and out of my price range, but if I did own one, I'd probably watch TV while exercising on it.) I'd still prefer outdoors any day, but for a change of pace, I'd consider an elliptical at home.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I always walk and hike all year long (basically, I just like getting outdoors). Those big indoor fancy gyms don't interest me. (However, gyms are helpful and provide a great service to many people, in helping them reach their fitness goals. ) If it was an outdoor gym, I might be interested. ;)

Years ago, I did try a gym for a few months, but again didn't like being cooped up inside.

Gotta say though, I am jealous of your elliptical machine you have at home. I tried that machine (years ago) at the gym and I liked how it was low impact. (The ones I've seen are very expensive and out of my price range, but if I did own one, I'd probably watch TV while exercising on it.) I'd still prefer outdoors any day, but for a change of pace, I'd consider an elliptical at home.

I like walking/hiking outside better than inside too. We have a bike and an elliptical machine but I find them boring to use even if I watch tv while using them. I will use them if the weather is not conducive for walking outside. A gym opened up in our town is literally a building and a road away from our house. We thought about joining but in the end decided just to use our stuff at home or walk outside. They were doing yoga classes before the shutdown so I did think about that, but I can get my yoga on YouTube for free!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom