working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Yeah, I wasn't sure, because I have seen churches that are Serbian or Russian Orthodox Church. I am laughing about the food aspect. I am like that, too. This Greek Orthodox Church near me has a "Greek Fest" every year and I always say I want to go for the food. I love spanakopita, tiropita and dolmades.

Now I'm hungry for Greek! These were all deserts. I have no idea what she sent me, but K could eat them because of all of the nuts. So I had lots of treats. The only thing I recognized was the baklava. Some of them were like Greek versions of butter cookies, almond cookies or twisted shortbreads, but others had nut paste fillings that were more like something I'd associate with rugelach. The girl graduated a couple of years ago and moved away. No cookies for me!

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in with a jump rope/weights workout. I was going to go for a walk. I bundled up and went out. It was cold and windy. I made it to the end of my driveway and I thought, "Nah" and I went back inside. :hilarious: If it was January, I would have sucked it up, but it was in the low 60s yesterday and the temps dropped overnight. It's Spring. I am tired of being cold and wearing 500 layers to go for a walk.

My husband comes home tonight. I kind of like when he is gone. :hilarious: I watch "The Golden Girls" on my tablet in bed with the electric blanket on until I fall sleep. I take up the whole bed, too. Plus, if I wake up and I can't get back to sleep, I can turn on a light and read something boring until I go back to sleep. I can't do that without waking him up. My husband talks a lot, too and some times it's just nice to have a quiet evening to read a book. :p

StarWarsGirl

Sam can get that way. She's always had some level of motion sickness. She often has to be careful with window seats on the plane.
For me, window seats are okay. Middle seats tend to be the problem. For an aisle, as long as I can see out the window, I'm fine. Something about the middle makes me sick. On the trip back from Hawaii which we've since dubbed the "trip from hell", I ended up in a middle seat and had to get off and sit with my head between my knees.

StarWarsGirl

When I was kid, I would read in the car. I can't that anymore. I can't even do it on a train. Star Tours is a tough ride for me.
I've never been able to read in the car. I can kind of watch movies in the car, and I can somewhat be on the laptop, but otherwise, music and audiobooks is generally what I do. I'm so glad for our upcoming trip, which is Hilton Head and WDW, that I only have about six hours in the car from HH to WDW. I'm flying down early to visit my aunt/bring my cousin down, and then I'm flying back up from WDW.

HouCuseChickie

For me, window seats are okay. Middle seats tend to be the problem. For an aisle, as long as I can see out the window, I'm fine. Something about the middle makes me sick. On the trip back from Hawaii which we've since dubbed the "trip from hell", I ended up in a middle seat and had to get off and sit with my head between my knees.

We were flying to CA a number of years ago and had a stop in Albuquerque. I encouraged Sam to look out the window since things start getting more interesting as you approach the El Paso area. I was searching the seat pockets for air sickness bags by the time I was pointing out the snow-covered mountains as we neared our stop. She got the aisle on the next leg.

StarWarsGirl

We were flying to CA a number of years ago and had a stop in Albuquerque. I encouraged Sam to look out the window since things start getting more interesting as you approach the El Paso area. I was searching the seat pockets for air sickness bags by the time I was pointing out the snow-covered mountains as we neared our stop. She got the aisle on the next leg.
I'm the opposite. If I'm on the window and can see out, I'm fine. Larger planes are also better. I've never had trouble on the large planes that they use to fly to Hawaii.

The worst is usually going from BWI to Charleston. It's only an hour and a half, so I feel like they must fly lower because it's always bumpy. Even just going down to Orlando, which is more like two hours, is better and less bumpy.

Songbird76

Hello-

Checking in with a jump rope/weights workout. I was going to go for a walk. I bundled up and went out. It was cold and windy. I made it to the end of my driveway and I thought, "Nah" and I went back inside. :hilarious: If it was January, I would have sucked it up, but it was in the low 60s yesterday and the temps dropped overnight. It's Spring. I am tired of being cold and wearing 500 layers to go for a walk.

My husband comes home tonight. I kind of like when he is gone. :hilarious: I watch "The Golden Girls" on my tablet in bed with the electric blanket on until I fall sleep. I take up the whole bed, too. Plus, if I wake up and I can't get back to sleep, I can turn on a light and read something boring until I go back to sleep. I can't do that without waking him up. My husband talks a lot, too and some times it's just nice to have a quiet evening to read a book. :p
I get that. I mean, I love my husband, but he tends to cramp my style when he's home. I have my routine...when I wake up, I brush my teeth, go downstairs, make my lunch to take to work, and I get my breakfast and I eat it while I watch the news. But when he's home, he sits in my place on the couch and watches youtube videos, so I can't watch the news while I eat my breakfast. And then on weekends, he'll take a 2 and a half hour bath in the morning and no one can get in to go to the bathroom or brush teeth or anything. And I can't just get dressed and start my day until I've brushed my teeth and washed myself, so I can't really do anything until he's out of the bath. Last night, I came home from work about 8:30 pm and heard the water running. He was starting a bath. I had book club at 9:30 (online) so it was no biggie, but book club ends at 10:30 and he was still in the bath. I finally ended up going downstairs to use the bathroom. But we don't have a shower or bath downstairs, just a toilet, so when he takes such a long bath, no one else can do anything until he's out. It's kind of nice when he's got something for work or whatever. He also tends to eat my snacks. I'm not a huge snacker, and he is. So in his mind, I don't go through a bag of chips fast enough. If I buy a bag of doritos to have on hand for when I get snacky, I'll inevitably find it gone when I do get snacky, because he thought I wasn't ever going to eat it. He blames it on the "leprechauns".

Sans Souci

Now I'm hungry for Greek! These were all deserts. I have no idea what she sent me, but K could eat them because of all of the nuts. So I had lots of treats. The only thing I recognized was the baklava. Some of them were like Greek versions of butter cookies, almond cookies or twisted shortbreads, but others had nut paste fillings that were more like something I'd associate with rugelach. The girl graduated a couple of years ago and moved away. No cookies for me!

I am really only familiar with baklava, but the rest of those cookies sound amazing. I should google them, especially the almond cookies. I love almonds.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in with a full body work out (yesterday) and I did a treadmill workout in the hotel gym. It was brutal, the gym and the pool are in the same area, there is no separation. It was a very warm, humid and chlorine-scented work out. lol I wish I'd packed shorts instead of leggings.

We went to the cherry blossoms as soon as we got here. We were worried about the rain and wind blowing off the blossoms. I am glad we did. The trees had more blossoms than last year. It was also more crowded than last year. It was a little chaotic. The walk way was filled with people way under dressed for the weather with lighting rigs and people taking multiple photos. But it was a good time. There was just an overall good vibe. We went walking in the rain this AM, but it's moved out.

We even got a photo of "Stumpy". They are taking Stumpy out because they are building a sea wall because the high tide floods a part of the basin twice a day. The National Park service is going to replace the cherry trees with 275 more cherry trees when the project is done.

IMG_3163.jpeg

This is "Stumpy", the most famous cherry tree in Washington DC. Soon, he's going up to that great orchard in the sky.
IMG_3172.jpegIMG_3170.jpeg

Sans Souci

I get that. I mean, I love my husband, but he tends to cramp my style when he's home. I have my routine...when I wake up, I brush my teeth, go downstairs, make my lunch to take to work, and I get my breakfast and I eat it while I watch the news. But when he's home, he sits in my place on the couch and watches youtube videos, so I can't watch the news while I eat my breakfast. And then on weekends, he'll take a 2 and a half hour bath in the morning and no one can get in to go to the bathroom or brush teeth or anything. And I can't just get dressed and start my day until I've brushed my teeth and washed myself, so I can't really do anything until he's out of the bath. Last night, I came home from work about 8:30 pm and heard the water running. He was starting a bath. I had book club at 9:30 (online) so it was no biggie, but book club ends at 10:30 and he was still in the bath. I finally ended up going downstairs to use the bathroom. But we don't have a shower or bath downstairs, just a toilet, so when he takes such a long bath, no one else can do anything until he's out. It's kind of nice when he's got something for work or whatever. He also tends to eat my snacks. I'm not a huge snacker, and he is. So in his mind, I don't go through a bag of chips fast enough. If I buy a bag of doritos to have on hand for when I get snacky, I'll inevitably find it gone when I do get snacky, because he thought I wasn't ever going to eat it. He blames it on the "leprechauns".

Doesn't the bathwater get cold by an hour and a half passes? I find it's like 15-20 minutes before the water gets cold. I guess if you keep topping up the water. I could never have just one toilet in the house. OMG, my stomach is too rebellious for that. You should tell your husband that leprechauns don't live in the Netherlands. lol Does he replace your snacks that he eats?

Songbird76

Doesn't the bathwater get cold by an hour and a half passes? I find it's like 15-20 minutes before the water gets cold. I guess if you keep topping up the water. I could never have just one toilet in the house. OMG, my stomach is too rebellious for that. You should tell your husband that leprechauns don't live in the Netherlands. lol Does he replace your snacks that he eats?
He takes SUPER hot baths. He got out last night and he REEKED of sweat. He promised me he'd shower after his bath today. But he makes the water really hot and then just steeps. I'm assuming he probably does have to replace some water after a while. My baths are generally less than an hour, and I can't stand them that hot. He actually passed out in the shower once after his bath. He had gotten it so hot that he was weak....like, they tell you not to sit in a hot tub/jacuzzi for longer than 15 minutes or something, because it has an effect on your body. He sat in there for so long and at so hot a temperature that when he stood up to shower, he passed out for just a split second. I heard him slip and I called to him to see if he was ok, and he had just very briefly lost consciousness. Not even long enough to fall completely.

We have two toilets...one upstairs and one down...I couldn't deal with just one either. We HAVE to have two. But we only have the one shower/bath. So even if he's only in the bath for an hour, that's one hour that we only have access to that toilet downstairs. But he never takes a bath for only an hour. He always stays in there for such a long time, and that's also where all the toothbrushes and such are. So if he's in the bath, no one can shower, or brush teeth.

And no, he doesn't replace the snacks. In general, I'm the one who does the grocery shopping. He doesn't register his snacks with me. Like...He doesn't say "I ate the doritos that were in the pantry, so you need to get more." He just gets munchy and goes looking for what we have in the house. So I probably won't notice until I go to get the doritos I bought two weeks ago, and they aren't there. And then I'll ask "Did you eat the doritos that were in the pantry?" and he'll do the innocent "Um......no? It was the Leprechauns. They got munchy....I tried to stop them, but there were just too many of them." I HAVE gotten him to ask about leftovers in the fridge most of the time. He'll ask if I had any plans for them. Because I used to work evenings, and so I was home during the day and I would have to make something fast for dinner before I left for work. So I would eat a big lunch in case I didn't have time to eat much for dinner. And he kept taking the leftovers and eating them for breakfast, even if there was more than enough there for him to have breakfast and me to have lunch. Or he'd eat half for breakfast and take the rest for his own lunch and then I'd go to get lunch and there wouldn't be anything for me to eat. And there's nothing worse than having your tastebuds set for something specific and then finding out it's not available. Like you have your heart set on this one dish from a specific restaurant, only to discover it's closed that night, or they took that dish off the menu. So it was happening often enough that I started telling him "That's my lunch tomorrow, so don't eat it all!" And now he will generally ask if I have plans for the leftovers or whether they are fair game.

HouCuseChickie

I'm the opposite. If I'm on the window and can see out, I'm fine. Larger planes are also better. I've never had trouble on the large planes that they use to fly to Hawaii.

The worst is usually going from BWI to Charleston. It's only an hour and a half, so I feel like they must fly lower because it's always bumpy. Even just going down to Orlando, which is more like two hours, is better and less bumpy.

I think so. Back in college, I often had to fly Syracuse to Newark. It was always small planes and often bumpy. It's a short flight, so cruising altitude must be lower. Houston to Dallas is a quick route we often take here, but it's usually large jet service, so plane could also be a factor. I think some areas are also more prone to bumps due to geographic features. I always expect to be bounced around when we go over the Rockies.

Lilofan

I think so. Back in college, I often had to fly Syracuse to Newark. It was always small planes and often bumpy. It's a short flight, so cruising altitude must be lower. Houston to Dallas is a quick route we often take here, but it's usually large jet service, so plane could also be a factor. I think some areas are also more prone to bumps due to geographic features. I always expect to be bounced around when we go over the Rockies.
I chuckle at times when the pilot says there are cruising at 15K feet. When vacationing in La Paz Bolivia I was at a higher altitude while hiking 17-18K feet above sea level. Thank goodness for daily chewing on coca leaves or else my brain would explode.

HouCuseChickie

Good morning! It's the start of another week of standing and walking. My legs and feet were really fatigued and sore by Friday afternoon. I didn't walk as much on Friday (closer to 2 miles) but I still stood for 80-90% of the workday. I was curious to see how I'd feel on Saturday. The biggest thing was that I didn't want to sit for long. I guess it's that whole body in motion tends to stay in motion philosophy. I stayed on my feet for the first 2-3 hours walking around trying to find birds to photograph since I could hear the wrens and see them in the treetops. No birds, but I did get a lazy butterfly! LOL K and I put in some more walking later on with several hours of shopping prep for her senior pics. I swear, these kids do pics for everything! Senior school pics (which were awful), commitment pics, a formal senior photoshoot (what we did yesterday), and then official cap and gown pics.

We did her senior photoshoot at the Houston Zoo yesterday. We wanted something that others hadn't done that also had meaning for us. I can't map all of the sections of the zoo and wasn't counting steps, but we walked around for nearly 5 hours with minimal sitting. I took around 330 pics and she had five outfit changes with a couple of accessories. I didn't hire a pro like most families and we only bought two things that she didn't already have going into this...which cost me under $15. So, the only real expense was the zoo admission and things like food and a giraffe feeding. This pic in front of the flamingos is my favorite. I tried to attach more, but the files are large. I may be able to share more later with BB Codes.

1711378943961.png

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good morning! It's the start of another week of standing and walking. My legs and feet were really fatigued and sore by Friday afternoon. I didn't walk as much on Friday (closer to 2 miles) but I still stood for 80-90% of the workday. I was curious to see how I'd feel on Saturday. The biggest thing was that I didn't want to sit for long. I guess it's that whole body in motion tends to stay in motion philosophy. I stayed on my feet for the first 2-3 hours walking around trying to find birds to photograph since I could hear the wrens and see them in the treetops. No birds, but I did get a lazy butterfly! LOL K and I put in some more walking later on with several hours of shopping prep for her senior pics. I swear, these kids do pics for everything! Senior school pics (which were awful), commitment pics, a formal senior photoshoot (what we did yesterday), and then official cap and gown pics.

We did her senior photoshoot at the Houston Zoo yesterday. We wanted something that others hadn't done that also had meaning for us. I can't map all of the sections of the zoo and wasn't counting steps, but we walked around for nearly 5 hours with minimal sitting. I took around 330 pics and she had five outfit changes with a couple of accessories. I didn't hire a pro like most families and we only bought two things that she didn't already have going into this...which cost me under $15. So, the only real expense was the zoo admission and things like food and a giraffe feeding. This pic in front of the flamingos is my favorite. I tried to attach more, but the files are large. I may be able to share more later with BB Codes.

View attachment 774647
That is a great picture and a fun way to do senior pictures

StarWarsGirl

He also tends to eat my snacks. I'm not a huge snacker, and he is. So in his mind, I don't go through a bag of chips fast enough. If I buy a bag of doritos to have on hand for when I get snacky, I'll inevitably find it gone when I do get snacky, because he thought I wasn't ever going to eat it. He blames it on the "leprechauns
My mom and I hide stuff from my dad that we don't want him eating. Particularly candy. With my mom, she likes the Giradelli chocolates, and if she buys them, he'll eat them, so she usually has a stash someplace. With me, it's the M&Ms. I buy the regular ones and he prefers the peanut ones, which I can't eat. I can buy him a bag of peanut ones and a regular bag for myself, and inevitably he tries to eat mine. I'm like, get off my stuff. I end up stashing them in my room or in the kitchenette because he won't think to go down to the kitchenette.

StarWarsGirl

The planes that go from BWI to Charleston are still 747s because that's all Southwest has, but it's inevitably bumpier.

My grandfather used to be a licensed pilot, and he had his own small plane. He always had to put my mom in the middle because 1. He had to balance the plane and 2. It prevented her from getting airsick, which they learned the hard way happened to her. At least I know I got it honestly.

Songbird76

View attachment 774647
Great picture! Do they exchange photos with classmates? We would get 50 wallet-size copies or so of ours to give out to our friends and classmates, and some people would put them in their graduation announcements. Most people were pretty limited because there was really only one good professional photographer in the area and he was EXPENSIVE, but my mom did mine and my brothers and we had unique pictures and could take as many as we wanted. We traveled to Mount Rushmore/black hills to do some, and to a foresty area in Tongue River, and one of my mom's clients (mom cleaned houses) had this gorgeous home out in the country. Her family owned a Bison ranch, and she let us come out there to take pictures on her property and she had this beautiful fireplace that her dad or grandfather had built himself and it made a great backdrop for my brother's picture. But it was nice for us that my mom had a good camera and could take our pictures for us. It saved SO much money.

Songbird76

My mom and I hide stuff from my dad that we don't want him eating. Particularly candy. With my mom, she likes the Giradelli chocolates, and if she buys them, he'll eat them, so she usually has a stash someplace. With me, it's the M&Ms. I buy the regular ones and he prefers the peanut ones, which I can't eat. I can buy him a bag of peanut ones and a regular bag for myself, and inevitably he tries to eat mine. I'm like, get off my stuff. I end up stashing them in my room or in the kitchenette because he won't think to go down to the kitchenette.
Yeah, I do have some things I hide in my night stand and E knows where it all is and she'll come in and take a bit of chocolate when she's had a bad day, but she always tells me so I can replace it, and she doesn't take the whole thing. But things like bags of chips and stuff won't fit in my drawer, so there's nowhere to hide it and I rarely go for the salty snacks. I also don't sit and eat a whole bag of chips in one sitting. It can take me more than a week to go through a bag of chips, but if my husband finds it, it will be gone immediately. He'll eat the whole thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom