working out for Disney

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband said he feels different after having shingles. He gets a red mark like a lupus rash on his face and he is allergic to a lot more things than he was previously. It's crazy because everyone I know who has had shingles has been under 50. They've been in their 40s and their late 30s.

I've know a people to get shingles in their late 30's early 40's as well, but I've only known one person to have it in their 50's. Maybe the vaccine should start a little earlier.

Lilofan

My husband said he feels different after having shingles. He gets a red mark like a lupus rash on his face and he is allergic to a lot more things than he was previously. It's crazy because everyone I know who has had shingles has been under 50. They've been in their 40s and their late 30s.
CDC recommends shingles vaccine for age 50 and up and age 19 and up who have weakened immune systems. I'm glad I got the 2 shot vaccine even with the strong side effects of the vaccine.

Sans Souci

@Sans Souci It's really too bad because she was excited to get the invite from the club manager. It's a tough time of year for these things. We saw several kids from other schools rushing off to the airport or quick road trips for college camps when pictures ended. Unfortunately, this camp was a Saturday only, so it wouldn't have worked regardless of the season/weather.

While they also do traditional portraits and team photos, varsity players get to take pics that can be used for things like team banners, social media, and general news coverage. This is one of my favorites that they took of Sam.

View attachment 764587

Wow. We never had anything like this when I was in school. It sounds so professional. Do they do all the sports at once, or was just soft ball?

Sans Souci

I've know a people to get shingles in their late 30's early 40's as well, but I've only known one person to have it in their 50's. Maybe the vaccine should start a little earlier.

Yeah. I wondered that, too. I know they reduced the age for colorectal cancer screening from 50 to 45 because a lot of younger people were getting diagnosed with that type of cancer. I am well overdue on that one, but I am dreading the prep. My husband said it wasn't bad. I don't know. He was living on Jell-O and chicken broth for about 2 days. I get very hangry, very quickly.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I've been working out, I just got busy with other stuff. I got my Shingrix shot a few hours ago. I drank a lot of water before I went to CVS and I took a couple Advil when I got home. I am making and delivering a lasagna tomorrow. I made the sauce earlier, because I was worried about feeling unwell tomorrow. I kind of want to go ahead and assemble it tonight and bake it tomorrow, but I use no boil sheets. I am worried about the lasagna getting dry from the sheets absorbing the sauce. I'll worry about it tomorrow. My son offered to help if I need it, but his weekends always seem to consumed by writing papers and that are due on Sunday, 11:59 PM. :hilarious: I don't want to interrupt that.

HouCuseChickie

Wow. We never had anything like this when I was in school. It sounds so professional. Do they do all the sports at once, or was just soft ball?

It’s all sports and they do video footage too. I haven’t seen ours yet for this season, but I’ve seen several other schools’ winter-spring sport preview posts. You can see them doing stills in the middle of them as well. These are a couple of examples.

Sans Souci

Today is a rest day. I felt fine until about 3 am. Then I got very achy in my spine and ribs. I was shivering and sweating. I finally was able to drag my carcass out of bed to take some Advil. I feel better, but still tired. I’m going to take it easy in bed until about 3, then it’s lasagna time. 🤣 Hopefully I’ll feel better as the day goes on. ☺️

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah. I wondered that, too. I know they reduced the age for colorectal cancer screening from 50 to 45 because a lot of younger people were getting diagnosed with that type of cancer. I am well overdue on that one, but I am dreading the prep. My husband said it wasn't bad. I don't know. He was living on Jell-O and chicken broth for about 2 days. I get very hangry, very quickly.

I had my first colonscopy this past November. The prep wasn't as bad as I expected. I only had to do the liquid diet for one day, and the day of broth wasn't bad. I thought I would be super hungry but I really wasn't. The medication I had to drink was bad but not as bad as I expected either. I was lucky I was prescribed a premixed liquid med to drink and my husband had to mix his from a powder so he said his was grainy. I wouldn't have liked any graininess or powder chunks. I also drank a ton of water. It may not be the most pleasant experience but the screening is important.

Lilofan

Today is a rest day. I felt fine until about 3 am. Then I got very achy in my spine and ribs. I was shivering and sweating. I finally was able to drag my carcass out of bed to take some Advil. I feel better, but still tired. I’m going to take it easy in bed until about 3, then it’s lasagna time. 🤣 Hopefully I’ll feel better as the day goes on. ☺️
Same symptoms I had after the first shingles shot, the effects hit me like a ton of bricks several hours after the shot, the second shot came a few weeks later. I just curled up in bed with flu like symptoms and sweated the side effects out. Getting the Shingles vaccine is necessary but the side effects were intense to say the least.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Same symptoms I had after the first shingles shot, the effects hit me like a ton of bricks several hours after the shot, the second shot came a few weeks later. I just curled up in bed with flu like symptoms and sweated the side effects out. Getting the Shingles vaccine is necessary but the side effects were intense to say the least.
Fortunately, when I had the two shots (over a few months), I had very mild symptoms.

Sans Souci

I had my first colonscopy this past November. The prep wasn't as bad as I expected. I only had to do the liquid diet for one day, and the day of broth wasn't bad. I thought I would be super hungry but I really wasn't. The medication I had to drink was bad but not as bad as I expected either. I was lucky I was prescribed a premixed liquid med to drink and my husband had to mix his from a powder so he said his was grainy. I wouldn't have liked any graininess or powder chunks. I also drank a ton of water. It may not be the most pleasant experience but the screening is important.

Is it that Go-LYTLEY stuff? My mother used to complain about it and wonder aloud why it was called go lightly, when you did not "go lightly." My husband was instructed to drink a lot of lemon-lime Gatorade with Miralax mixed in and then he had to take a couple Dulcolax, which sounds like a much more humane prep.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in with a glute workout with a barbell and resistance bands. It wasn't too hard, which is nice for Sunday.

I got my lasagna done and delivered. I was in bed by 8 PM, because I didn't feel so great and I slept until 7 AM. :hilarious: I guess I needed all of that sleep. But I am better today and I was able to workout and go for a wet walk. :)

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a full body workout with my barbell this AM. I have been sleeping late these days. I guess it's better than the 5-6 hours I usually get.

I have had 2 raccoon "encounters" tonight. They keep coming up to my sliding door and looking in. Even when you knock on the window and shout at them, they just look at you. They were two chonkers who didn't look like they were missing any meals. As I was typing this, the cat came up to the door for her dinner. She came into eat, but we had to keep the door open, as usual. She was eating with her back facing the door, but she kept stopping and looking out the door. She eventually turned around so she was facing outdoors. She stopped, walked up to the door and she was really tense and looking at something in the dark. Then she went back to her food, but then my son saw a raccoon walking over. He went to close the door and she, of course, ran out. But the raccoon saw her and turned around. She sat and looked in that direction, then went into her house. She'd been gone since Saturday night and when I saw these two raccoons came up to the door twice in a very short time, I was hoping she would stay away. I know she is a feral cat who essentially a wild animal, but these raccoons were very big. I hope they leave her alone. She will probably leave if she feels unsafe.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in with another full body workout with weights. This one was...oof. It was like someone took 8 of my least favorite exercises, had me do 8 reps of each, 8 times. I was so glad when it was over. :hilarious: I also got outside for a walk and some fresh air.

The cat was gone when I woke up. I don't know if she got tired of waiting for someone to wake up to feed her or she just felt like hunting and left. I am hoping the raccoons did not make her leave. They are so nervy. I think people must feed them and that is why they are so comfortable walking right up to the sliding door and looking in. We had a problem with them living in our attic, so we got someone to get them out and close the opening. Not long after that, one of them reopened the hole, so we just removed the tree they used to get into that opening. We have skylights and I can see their footprints on the window, so they are still afoot. I know they are just trying to live their lives, like the rest of us. But they honestly scare me because I know they carry rabies. I don't mind them living around me, I just don't want to cross paths with them.

Figgy1

Original Poster
Hello-

Checking in with another full body workout with weights. This one was...oof. It was like someone took 8 of my least favorite exercises, had me do 8 reps of each, 8 times. I was so glad when it was over. :hilarious: I also got outside for a walk and some fresh air.

The cat was gone when I woke up. I don't know if she got tired of waiting for someone to wake up to feed her or she just felt like hunting and left. I am hoping the raccoons did not make her leave. They are so nervy. I think people must feed them and that is why they are so comfortable walking right up to the sliding door and looking in. We had a problem with them living in our attic, so we got someone to get them out and close the opening. Not long after that, one of them reopened the hole, so we just removed the tree they used to get into that opening. We have skylights and I can see their footprints on the window, so they are still afoot. I know they are just trying to live their lives, like the rest of us. But they honestly scare me because I know they carry rabies. I don't mind them living around me, I just don't want to cross paths with them.
The odds of a nocturnal raccoon having rabies isn't much higher if any than any other wild mammal. I'm not making besties with my chonkers but really don't fear them either but mostly because my deer think I'm their mom:cautious: I only worry about @King Racoon 77. He's really dangerous, hence the dw trying to keep him in his cage. Possums due to their extremely low body temp have odds near 0, they may be ugly but rabies isn't something you really have to worry about.

Last edited:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Just like my much younger and extremely handsome brother @King Racoon 77.
Winter Wonderland Snow GIF by DINOSALLY

Figgy1

Original Poster
Just one more day YWA and I have to say I really like it but it is more inward than her past series. Still walking inside as it's still slippery outside:( My pretty mud got covered by ice then snow on Saturday:cry::cry::cry: Thank goodness the road crews did a good job but I'm not taking chances at this point!!!!!!!!!! I have a pot of low carb veggie soup on the stove with chayote in place of potatoes and am really missing @epcotisbest

HouCuseChickie

The odds of a nocturnal raccoon having rabies isn't much higher if any than any other wild mammal. I'm not making besties with my chonkers but really don't fear them either but mostly because my deer think I'm their mom:cautious: I only worry about @King Racoon 77. He's really dangerous, hence the dw trying to keep him in his cage. Possums due to their extremely low body temp have odds near 0, they may be ugly but rabies isn't something you really have to worry about.

I can't recall if I shared this before or not, but this is what I've dubbed our porch possum. She hasn't been as active lately, but I saw her a week or two ago.

I love knowing that it's around because they are such beneficial creatures...

1706653484873.png

Figgy1

Original Poster
Rest day yea!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just day 30 YWA, puttering, nice long hot bath, herbal teas and yoga for deep sleep done in bed in a little while (hopefully soon as I was up early by my standards). I really needed it as I did both YWA and a 30 day walk program so mentally, I'm a bit shot today. Tomorrow may be just a walking workout, again to give myself a bit of a mental break

Sans Souci

I am worried for the feral cat who lives in our yard (when she feels like it), she's not a very big cat and she is very timid. These were the largest raccoons I've ever seen--like were raccoon versions of NFL linebackers. They could really mess her up. I've seen people in various cat message board say that a raccoon killed their cat, so I worry about her. I worry about them feeling like she is in their territory and attacking her. I have never left food out for her, because I was worried about skunks helping themselves. I have always brought her food in as soon as she was done. Now, she likes to come in the house for her meals, so I feel like that keeps her a bit more safe. <3

I just remembered that I do leave fresh water out for her. Now that is winter, I was concerned about water sources drying up or being frozen. There is also an orange feral who checks out our yard from time to time, so I leave the water out for him, too. But now I am wondering if I should remove that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom