working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I don't know if he was part of the Gothard cult. I just watched Shiny Happy People to see what it was about, but he was part of the Quiver full movement, which I'm not sure if they are the same, but they do believe in world domination. That's the purpose of having so many children. The fertility doctor was so disturbing. He said he used his own seed "Very sparingly" or something, but then it turned out he used it even when woman brought in their husband's sample. He just discarded the husband's and used his own, so women thought their child was biologically their husband's, and they weren't. One of the women did a 23 and me DNA test and found a whole bunch of half siblings. Then as they started to look into it, he kept saying like "There can't be more than 15 siblings" and then there were twice that many. And then he'd say "Well, there might be 30, but that's it." and then they reached 50. As part of the clinic's rules, they were only supposed to use a donor 3 times max, to avoid issues with people accidently marrying a sibling. There shouldn't have been more than like 6 if he only used his own sample 3 times, and he had some children of his own, but they found 94 siblings, and that was already at the time of the filming. So who knows how many there are now.

What's really disturbing is that there was no law to prevent him from doing it, even with women who thought it was their husband's. They signed a contract for insemination, and there was nothing that said it was their husbands', legally the only thing they could get him for was perjury or something because in an investigation he testified under oath that he had used it sparingly and only when another sample wasn't availible. So they were able to hold him accountable for that, but not for the actual act. They are trying to get legislation made that would make that equivalent to rape. It was quite fascinating. But the quiver full movement was brought up and the wanting to take over the world, etc.

I think there is some intersection between Quiver Full movement and this Gothard cult. They both believe in world domination through procreation and then having these homeschooled kids involved in all levels of government. I've never watched the Duggars, but they are infamous. I know it's none of my business, but I don't think it's fair for your children to have so many siblings. I am sure the older girls were parentified, by being responsible for the younger ones. This is just me, but I don't understand how you can have a close relationship with each child when are 19 of them. My father is one of eight kids and my grandfather was a pilot, so he would be gone for days at a time. I don't know how my grandmother did it. I get tired thinking about it. lol

I can't imagine how upsetting that is for these women. It is a such a violation. He shouldn't even be using his stuff "very sparingly." How gross. I would be so upset to find out this disgusting person is my father. Ninety-four children! He was probably so satisfied with himself. NASTY. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning ☀️

I did an upper body circuit workout and now my coffee mug feels like it weighs 10 lbs. There were way too many push ups in this workout. My ankle starting bothering me in the night. I sprained it about 8 years ago, so I don't know what that's about. I can walk on it and put weight on it, but I can't flex my foot all the way down. It just won't flex that far when I try. It's really weird. I didn't twist or injure it at all yesterday. I guess it was a good thing my workout was an upper body one, then. :p

EDIT: Also, I watched "Shiny, Happy People" last night. It's about the Duggar family, but more broadly, the religion they belong to. It's...crazy pants. I would not even call it a religion, but a cult. I haven't watched all the episodes yet, but a lot of stuff goes on behind closed doors (to girls), that is swept under the rug. Nobody gets these girls help, either. So they carry this trauma around for the rest of their lives.
Fell better and take it easy. Our governor/health department has recommended wearing masks when going outside

Songbird76

I think there is some intersection between Quiver Full movement and this Gothard cult. They both believe in world domination through procreation and then having these homeschooled kids involved in all levels of government. I've never watched the Duggars, but they are infamous. I know it's none of my business, but I don't think it's fair for your children to have so many siblings. I am sure the older girls were parentified, by being responsible for the younger ones. This is just me, but I don't understand how you can have a close relationship with each child when are 19 of them. My father is one of eight kids and my grandfather was a pilot, so he would be gone for days at a time. I don't know how my grandmother did it. I get tired thinking about it. lol

I can't imagine how upsetting that is for these women. It is a such a violation. He shouldn't even be using his stuff "very sparingly." How gross. I would be so upset to find out this disgusting person is my father. Ninety-four children! He was probably so satisfied with himself. NASTY. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Oh those Dugger girls are definitely parentified. They even talked about that in shiny happy people, about how they call it the buddy system, but basically the "older" girls are parents to a younger kid, and she might be only 11. It's so sad. They don't really get to be kids!

And yes, he was so proud to have so many kids, and he was actually MAD at the woman who decided to talk to a journalist because no one was listening to her about it and she wanted people to be aware and NOT use his clinic. He was like "This could cause some problems for me if it's made public." and she's like "GOOD!!" and he started threatening her and the journalist. He showed up to a meeting with one of them and had a gun. He doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Sans Souci

Oh those Dugger girls are definitely parentified. They even talked about that in shiny happy people, about how they call it the buddy system, but basically the "older" girls are parents to a younger kid, and she might be only 11. It's so sad. They don't really get to be kids!

And yes, he was so proud to have so many kids, and he was actually MAD at the woman who decided to talk to a journalist because no one was listening to her about it and she wanted people to be aware and NOT use his clinic. He was like "This could cause some problems for me if it's made public." and she's like "GOOD!!" and he started threatening her and the journalist. He showed up to a meeting with one of them and had a gun. He doesn't think he did anything wrong.

I saw that about the Duggar girls. Kids should be expected to help out a bit, but full on responsibility is not healthy. Kids should be able to be kids. Did you see the homeschooling books? "Hands are made of nonliving atoms." I'm sorry, but what? lol I need to stop watching these religious documentaries. They make me angry. lol I started watching one about Hillsong Church and I had to turn it off.

I don't have Netflix, so I can't watch this gross doctor documentary. I'd likely swear at the TV because I can't handle someone who is clearly in the wrong become indignant about someone exposing their misdeeds. "This could cause problems for me..." I certainly hope so, sir! It's so arrogant, too, to think your DNA needs to be spread far and wide, as if you were the exemplar of men. It's shades of Elon Musk.

Sans Souci

Good morning. ☀️

I did a full body circuit workout this morning. I didn't do anything yesterday. My sinuses were bothering me and I had a lot of postnasal drip and pressure, so I took it easy. The air wasn't great for walking, even with a mask, so I stayed in. I didn't feel great anyway. I got a great deal on a lifetime membership on Babble, so I did that yesterday. Revisiting all the French I took in HS. I was kind of surprised how much I retained.

It seems a bit better today, so I am going out for a walk later. We're supposed to get storms, I I hope that cleans the air a bit. The cat stayed in the yard the past few days, I think she knew something was up. She usually doesn't stick around in the summer. She uses this place as a pit stop when it's warm. Just a quick food top-up and she's gone. lol Her white paws were so filthy from the smoke sediment. It makes me cringe that she is going to lick that off. That can't be healthy for her. I would have brought her in if she'd let me, but she's made it clear she doesn't feel comfortable in the house, so we're doing the best we can with her.

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀️

Checking in with a HIIT workout. It was such a slog. lol. My sinuses are acting up and I have a lot of postnasal drip that's making me feel a little bit sick to my stomach. But I survived! :)

Nothing much going on here today. I'll probably be cleaning and making sauce for tomorrow's lasagna. So much fun to be had! :p

Songbird76

I saw that about the Duggar girls. Kids should be expected to help out a bit, but full on responsibility is not healthy. Kids should be able to be kids. Did you see the homeschooling books? "Hands are made of nonliving atoms." I'm sorry, but what? lol I need to stop watching these religious documentaries. They make me angry. lol I started watching one about Hillsong Church and I had to turn it off.

I don't have Netflix, so I can't watch this gross doctor documentary. I'd likely swear at the TV because I can't handle someone who is clearly in the wrong become indignant about someone exposing their misdeeds. "This could cause problems for me..." I certainly hope so, sir! It's so arrogant, too, to think your DNA needs to be spread far and wide, as if you were the exemplar of men. It's shades of Elon Musk.
It's so disturbing, but what makes it even worse is that the doctor had some sort of autoimmune disorder that he passed along to a bunch of his kids. That's why several of them ended up getting the DNA test...a bunch of them had this disorder and wanted to know where it came from. So the DNA he was spreading around willy nilly was also not healthy DNA!

Sans Souci

It's so disturbing, but what makes it even worse is that the doctor had some sort of autoimmune disorder that he passed along to a bunch of his kids. That's why several of them ended up getting the DNA test...a bunch of them had this disorder and wanted to know where it came from. So the DNA he was spreading around willy nilly was also not healthy DNA!
Nice. Not only did he commit egregious medical malpractice, he knew he had an autoimmune disorder and let these kids grow up either developing whatever he had or being a carrier. I'm sure he thought he was a magnanimous person for "helping" these women. Gross.

Sans Souci

Good morning. ☀️

Checking in with a tricep and chest workout. My arms feel like jell-o. :p

I'm on the fence about going up with my husband tonight to his place. I kind of like being here, but I kind of want a change of scenery. I have all day to think about it. I'll see how I feel later.

Figgy1

Original Poster

I found out about them when researching homeschooling programs/courses for James. Those people are nuts to put it politely. I was looking for a way to double up math science and give James more courses than he could get in regular school. Some of the programs/courses out there are teaching bunk (yea a word that gets through the censors). Anyhoo I haven't watched the show and may not as it will probably just get me upset.
The air quality is much better and expected to stay that way for at least a few days so I'm going to walk outside and get the last of my transplanting done today:joyfull:

Sans Souci

I found out about them when researching homeschooling programs/courses for James. Those people are nuts to put it politely. I was looking for a way to double up math science and give James more courses than he could get in regular school. Some of the programs/courses out there are teaching bunk (yea a word that gets through the censors). Anyhoo I haven't watched the show and may not as it will probably just get me upset.
The air quality is much better and expected to stay that way for at least a few days so I'm going to walk outside and get the last of my transplanting done today:joyfull:

Yeah, it's an enraging watch. There are so many things they do that are immoral, IMO. The way they treat girls and then gaslight these girls in the aftermath is disgusting. It's almost normalized among them. The people who are obsessed with calling a certain demographic "groomers" are (willingly) looking in the wrong place. This cult is rife with them and that's all I am going to say.

There is a wild fire about 20 miles away, but it's mostly contained. It wasn't smoky here like last week, but it smelled like a bonfire here yesterday.

Songbird76

Nice. Not only did he commit egregious medical malpractice, he knew he had an autoimmune disorder and let these kids grow up either developing whatever he had or being a carrier. I'm sure he thought he was a magnanimous person for "helping" these women. Gross.
I totally agree. Absolutely disgusting. And they can never go back and change it now. Their kids are all grown up and have children of their own, so they can never go back and see a different doctor.

Songbird76

He straight up said they teach their children that all the fossils were made at the same time, not spread across millions of years. And they teach that evolution isn't real. "Bunk" is a very polite word for that.

Has the air quality been really bad there? They showed pictures from NYC and it was awful!! I hope it's better where you are!

Figgy1

Original Poster
He straight up said they teach their children that all the fossils were made at the same time, not spread across millions of years. And they teach that evolution isn't real. "Bunk" is a very polite word for that.

Has the air quality been really bad there? They showed pictures from NYC and it was awful!! I hope it's better where you are!
Thank you last week was horrible but today isn't bad at all
Bunk was the word that would get through the censors;):angelic:

HouCuseChickie

Checking in with sort of a work out. Life has been really "lifey" of late. I haven't had it in me to do much of anything. Work has been so incredibly stressful to the point that I'm making myself sick. Today should have signaled some improvement, but I woke up with a panic attack from a sound sleep and realized that something else was wrong. Logged into my work systems, confirmed my worst fears, sent messages to everyone that could help get us back on track, and then went outside. I don't know if it's really walking in the exercise sense, but I was so upset that I spent 30+ minutes literally pacing in the driveway and circling the yard before logging in for my actual workday. I had a few moments of increased exertion when the dog wanted to play. I'm not really in the mood to bike, but we're already in triple digit heat indexes and will be triple digit actual temps starting on Thursday. So, biking really is best. No, it's not that awful smoke some of you were having (the sun looked just like my cousin's pics), but it's not pleasant either.

I've been better about my eating and feel some differences. While I'm not doing it as strictly as before, I've cut out nearly all gluten and dairy again. I'd been experiencing so much gut pain that it was keeping me from sleeping through the night. When I would get out of bed, it made it hard to walk or bike because it was like I had an alien in my tummy. I've been doing much better since this change.

Beyond that, I missed out on a softball trip to Plano because I just had too much work to do. It's probably an omen that I didn't go. K had some issues with her truck. It was stemming from things she'd relayed to my husband, but he thought it was something she could figure out. I'm not sure why he thought that. In any event, while they were away, we had some issues getting it into reverse and it became very clear something was wrong. Turns out the hydraulic braking system had collapsed and the conventional braking backup system had gotten to critical level because of that collapse. I was really afraid it was the transmission, so I threw that service into repairs just to be safe. Same kid also thought she broke a toe the other night, but after doing some buddy taping splinting, icing, ibuprofen and putting her in a boot for a bit, she was fine. I, on the other hand, had it added into my stress mix. We're just obscenely busy. Between K's summer courses (college psychology and college environmental science), library volunteering, camp volunteering, choir prep and Sam's athletic schedule (tournaments, practices, lessons, high school strength and conditioning camp, high school softball camp, high school team work ins), there is zero relaxation. I take that back, while I've already seen it in its entirety, I've been watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel with K. So, my free time this past weekend was devoted to binge watching. Considering my stress levels, I need funny over real life stuff right now.

Songbird76

Checking in with sort of a work out. Life has been really "lifey" of late. I haven't had it in me to do much of anything. Work has been so incredibly stressful to the point that I'm making myself sick. Today should have signaled some improvement, but I woke up with a panic attack from a sound sleep and realized that something else was wrong. Logged into my work systems, confirmed my worst fears, sent messages to everyone that could help get us back on track, and then went outside. I don't know if it's really walking in the exercise sense, but I was so upset that I spent 30+ minutes literally pacing in the driveway and circling the yard before logging in for my actual workday. I had a few moments of increased exertion when the dog wanted to play. I'm not really in the mood to bike, but we're already in triple digit heat indexes and will be triple digit actual temps starting on Thursday. So, biking really is best. No, it's not that awful smoke some of you were having (the sun looked just like my cousin's pics), but it's not pleasant either.

I've been better about my eating and feel some differences. While I'm not doing it as strictly as before, I've cut out nearly all gluten and dairy again. I'd been experiencing so much gut pain that it was keeping me from sleeping through the night. When I would get out of bed, it made it hard to walk or bike because it was like I had an alien in my tummy. I've been doing much better since this change.

Beyond that, I missed out on a softball trip to Plano because I just had too much work to do. It's probably an omen that I didn't go. K had some issues with her truck. It was stemming from things she'd relayed to my husband, but he thought it was something she could figure out. I'm not sure why he thought that. In any event, while they were away, we had some issues getting it into reverse and it became very clear something was wrong. Turns out the hydraulic braking system had collapsed and the conventional braking backup system had gotten to critical level because of that collapse. I was really afraid it was the transmission, so I threw that service into repairs just to be safe. Same kid also thought she broke a toe the other night, but after doing some buddy taping splinting, icing, ibuprofen and putting her in a boot for a bit, she was fine. I, on the other hand, had it added into my stress mix. We're just obscenely busy. Between K's summer courses (college psychology and college environmental science), library volunteering, camp volunteering, choir prep and Sam's athletic schedule (tournaments, practices, lessons, high school strength and conditioning camp, high school softball camp, high school team work ins), there is zero relaxation. I take that back, while I've already seen it in its entirety, I've been watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel with K. So, my free time this past weekend was devoted to binge watching. Considering my stress levels, I need funny over real life stuff right now.
Sounds like a rough week. Boy, do I know how that goes. Sending you soothing hugs and pixie dust.

We're renovating at the moment. This was our house yesterday.
reno6.jpg

They had a wall and a door and windows back in by the end of the day. Today, they'll do the front of the house, I think, and finish off E's room, and do the bathroom upstairs, then I imagine Thursday and Friday will be putting on the new siding. But it's been really stressful trying to get ready for this. I'm glad I have the new job though. It's so much better than the old one, and it's during the day instead of the evening, so I'm getting better sleep. I have to get up at 6 to shower and be ready before they get here to start work, and if I was still working evenings, I wouldn't get home until midnight. I'd be exhausted. So this is nicer. I'll be glad when it's all done, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom