working out for Disney

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Checking in -

My knee is better, but not all the way better. I've been in PT for nearly three months now. I've worked with two different PTs at this practice, both of whom I think are better than the PT I was going to before. They just seem to have more time to pay attention to their patients, and they have different ideas. My one PT is doing dry needling, which is basically acupuncture. I think it's helping a lot, along with the electrical stimulation, which they were not doing at my old PT place. But I'm going to ask the doctor about possibly doing a cortisone shot or gel injections because it feels like it's not all the way better.

I've been going to the gym per the PT's
orders. I actually did 30 minutes on the elliptical the other day, which was an accomplishment. Today I walked all around Hersheypark, which I had been renting a scooter. I'm very sore, but it's an achievement.

Life has been busy lately. I got a new job about two weeks ago. It's in office, though it will eventually be hybrid. I actually did work from home yesterday. My old job was becoming a major burden on my mental health, not to mention they were underpaying me terribly. But it became out of my hands since they laid me off before I could quit ("reorganization", though really, my boss and I hated each other and looking back, I think he used it as an excuse to get rid of me). I must have had the shortest unemployment in history because I had this job offer a week later. My new boss is a sweetheart, so hopefully this all goes much better for me than my last job. It's only ten minutes away and right near the gym, so I don't mind the commute so much.

We leave for Disneyland/Hawaii on Thursday, and when we come back, I get to start hardcore studying for the CPA exams. Well, the first one I'm taking anyway. There are four, and one of them is being replaced next year. So everyone is advising me to take it before it goes away (I qualify to sit already since I have 30 accounting credits and I already have a bachelor's). So I have my studying material and I've started reviewing, but I'm going to start the hardcore routine when I get back so I can sit for the exam in late August.

Songbird76

Hello-

I have been keeping up with my workouts, until today. I woke up pretty dehydrated and feeling nauseous. We walked around Manhattan on Thursday for about 4 hours and I deliberately limited liquids because I was concerned about finding a clean bathroom. It wasn't super hot, but the top I was wearing wasn't very breathable. It felt like my top was made of plastic lol. Then yesterday, it was 95 here and was outside doing yard work. I think I wasn't keeping up with my hydration. So, I woke up with a banging headache and I thought I was going to be sick. I've been drinking water today and my husband got a few bottles of Gatorade. I didn't workout and I didn't even go for a walk. I am prioritizing hydration! I feel better tonight though, so maybe tomorrow I'll workout to maybe I'll take another day off.

My husband booked our flights to England. We're changing planes in Dublin and it looks like it's so much easier transfer than Heathrow. On the way back, we go through US customs in Dublin, so all we need to do is collect our luggage in Philly. When my son decides to go, I think I'll book his flights to go through Dublin. I'll feel so much better about him going through Dublin over Heathrow.
Dehydration is no joke!! Feel better!

When do you go to England?

Songbird76

Checking in -

My knee is better, but not all the way better. I've been in PT for nearly three months now. I've worked with two different PTs at this practice, both of whom I think are better than the PT I was going to before. They just seem to have more time to pay attention to their patients, and they have different ideas. My one PT is doing dry needling, which is basically acupuncture. I think it's helping a lot, along with the electrical stimulation, which they were not doing at my old PT place. But I'm going to ask the doctor about possibly doing a cortisone shot or gel injections because it feels like it's not all the way better.

orders. I actually did 30 minutes on the elliptical the other day, which was an accomplishment. Today I walked all around Hersheypark, which I had been renting a scooter. I'm very sore, but it's an achievement.

Life has been busy lately. I got a new job about two weeks ago. It's in office, though it will eventually be hybrid. I actually did work from home yesterday. My old job was becoming a major burden on my mental health, not to mention they were underpaying me terribly. But it became out of my hands since they laid me off before I could quit ("reorganization", though really, my boss and I hated each other and looking back, I think he used it as an excuse to get rid of me). I must have had the shortest unemployment in history because I had this job offer a week later. My new boss is a sweetheart, so hopefully this all goes much better for me than my last job. It's only ten minutes away and right near the gym, so I don't mind the commute so much.

We leave for Disneyland/Hawaii on Thursday, and when we come back, I get to start hardcore studying for the CPA exams. Well, the first one I'm taking anyway. There are four, and one of them is being replaced next year. So everyone is advising me to take it before it goes away (I qualify to sit already since I have 30 accounting credits and I already have a bachelor's). So I have my studying material and I've started reviewing, but I'm going to start the hardcore routine when I get back so I can sit for the exam in late August.
Don't forget your brace when you go to Disneyland!! That's a lot of walking, I'm sure!

Sans Souci

Checking in -

Congrats on the new job! It sounds like this is a much better fit for you in many ways. That's a good idea about asking your doctor about cortisone shots. That might be what you need to get you over the hump for healing.

How long is your DLR/Hawaii trip?

Sans Souci

Dehydration is no joke!! Feel better!

When do you go to England?

Yeah, I think the dehydration was a long time in the making. I did wake up with horrible leg cramps early Wed. morning. I thought I'd had enough water to correct that, but I guess not. I was at my husband's last week and now that the weather is nicer, I am going out on longer walks. I am always worried about access to a clean bathroom when I am out and about, so I think I am subconsciously drinking less water when I go up there. I go on long walks at home, but I'm never far from home.

We're going to England in August. I am hoping it is cooler this time. It was in the low 90s the last time we went and nobody has AC or screens on their windows. My MIL was turning on her oven most days to cook. The bedroom we were in was right by the kitchen and the window opened to her conservatory/Florida room, so there was no fresh air. 😓

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀️

Checking in with a leg workout. I took both days off of working out this weekend. I was going to do Saturday's workout yesterday, but I saw it was called "Burpee Bonanza" and I just thought, "Nah." I went for a long walk instead. I also continued drinking loads of water, because I want to make sure I never feel like that again. Ick. 🤢

HouCuseChickie

Yeah, I think the dehydration was a long time in the making. I did wake up with horrible leg cramps early Wed. morning. I thought I'd had enough water to correct that, but I guess not. I was at my husband's last week and now that the weather is nicer, I am going out on longer walks. I am always worried about access to a clean bathroom when I am out and about, so I think I am subconsciously drinking less water when I go up there. I go on long walks at home, but I'm never far from home.
Checking in with a leg workout. I took both days off of working out this weekend. I was going to do Saturday's workout yesterday, but I saw it was called "Burpee Bonanza" and I just thought, "Nah." I went for a long walk instead. I also continued drinking loads of water, because I want to make sure I never feel like that again. Ick. 🤢

I feel like we're always playing the hydration game. We're outside a lot and it's typically very warm to downright hot here. Humidity also plays a role. Lately, I'll wake up feeling hung over or feel like I'm coming down with a fever if I don't take in enough water. Of course, it's not the most pleasant feeling either if I over-hydrate. The heat and humidity really play a big role in the equation.

Burpee Bonanza just sounds horrible! 🤣 Add in some frog jumps and foul pole sprints and you've got team punishments.

Sans Souci

I feel like we're always playing the hydration game. We're outside a lot and it's typically very warm to downright hot here. Humidity also plays a role. Lately, I'll wake up feeling hung over or feel like I'm coming down with a fever if I don't take in enough water. Of course, it's not the most pleasant feeling either if I over-hydrate. The heat and humidity really play a big role in the equation.

Burpee Bonanza just sounds horrible! 🤣 Add in some frog jumps and foul pole sprints and you've got team punishments.

Yes! That's exactly how I felt, like I was hungover. I guess that makes sense, since dehydration is one cause of a hangover. This sometimes happens to me when we go to Disney. I don't want to be that person who leaves the line to use the restroom and tries to get back in, so I limit my fluids when I am in the parks. Then I try to catch up at the hotel. I started bringing those "hydration multipliers" on my trips and that has made such a difference.

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀️

I did an upper body circuit workout and now my coffee mug feels like it weighs 10 lbs. There were way too many push ups in this workout. My ankle starting bothering me in the night. I sprained it about 8 years ago, so I don't know what that's about. I can walk on it and put weight on it, but I can't flex my foot all the way down. It just won't flex that far when I try. It's really weird. I didn't twist or injure it at all yesterday. I guess it was a good thing my workout was an upper body one, then. :p

EDIT: Also, I watched "Shiny, Happy People" last night. It's about the Duggar family, but more broadly, the religion they belong to. It's...crazy pants. I would not even call it a religion, but a cult. I haven't watched all the episodes yet, but a lot of stuff goes on behind closed doors (to girls), that is swept under the rug. Nobody gets these girls help, either. So they carry this trauma around for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:

Songbird76

We're going to England in August. I am hoping it is cooler this time. It was in the low 90s the last time we went and nobody has AC or screens on their windows. My MIL was turning on her oven most days to cook. The bedroom we were in was right by the kitchen and the window opened to her conservatory/Florida room, so there was no fresh air. 😓
Yeah, I have the bathroom issue when I'm walking, too. Residential areas have no public bathrooms, and if I go to the Centrum, the only places with bathrooms make you pay to use them. I make sure I go just before I head out so I can hopefully make it home before going again. I've had to cut my walk short before to get back to the bathroom.

The Netherlands are the same...no AC and no screens on the windows, but in a couple of weeks, we'll have screens. I THINK the plan is to eventually get AC, too because it's unbearable when it gets hot here, but I'm not sure if we're doing that immediately. But we'll be getting smaller windows with more insulated glass and we'll have sun screens on all the windows to keep as much of the sun out as possible in the summer. It should keep it a bit cooler, but I'd really like to have AC.

Songbird76

Good morning ☀️

I did an upper body circuit workout and now my coffee mug feels like it weighs 10 lbs. There were way too many push ups in this workout. My ankle starting bothering me in the night. I sprained it about 8 years ago, so I don't know what that's about. I can walk on it and put weight on it, but I can't flex my foot all the way down. It just won't flex that far when I try. It's really weird. I didn't twist or injure it at all yesterday. I guess it was a good thing my workout was an upper body one, then. :p

EDIT: Also, I watched "Shiny, Happy People" last night. It's about the Duggar family, but more broadly, the religion they belong to. It's...crazy pants. I would not even call it a religion, but a cult. I haven't watched all the episodes yet, but a lot of stuff goes on behind closed doors (to girls), that is swept under the rug. Nobody gets these girls help, either. So they carry this trauma around for the rest of their lives.
Have you seen the Netflix series called Our Father? It's about a fertility doctor who used his own seed and has fathered like 100 children. Apparently he also belongs to that same religion. It's a disturbing, but fascinating series.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah, I have the bathroom issue when I'm walking, too. Residential areas have no public bathrooms, and if I go to the Centrum, the only places with bathrooms make you pay to use them. I make sure I go just before I head out so I can hopefully make it home before going again. I've had to cut my walk short before to get back to the bathroom.

The Netherlands are the same...no AC and no screens on the windows, but in a couple of weeks, we'll have screens. I THINK the plan is to eventually get AC, too because it's unbearable when it gets hot here, but I'm not sure if we're doing that immediately. But we'll be getting smaller windows with more insulated glass and we'll have sun screens on all the windows to keep as much of the sun out as possible in the summer. It should keep it a bit cooler, but I'd really like to have AC.

Why no screens on windows?

Songbird76

Why no screens on windows?
The windows here are different. They open in multiple ways. Like, you know how train tracks are made so they can use a lever to move the track connection? Our windows do that. So you can open it so that it opens at the top just a few inches, or you can open it so it opens fully at the side. The windows in our house open to the outside, not the inside and there's a bar with holes in it so you can set how far open you want it to be. If you put a screen on the window, it would need to be on the inside, but then you wouldn't be able to access that bar and it would get in the way of opening the window. When we get the renovations done in a couple of weeks, they will put in windows that open to the inside, and then there will be screens on the outside. But it's just never been a "thing" here to have screens. The majority of people air out their bedding by hanging it out of the window. You can't do that if you have a screen on it. Screen doors don't exist here, either...I miss those. In the heat of the summer, I open the doors late at night when it cools down to get some of the heat out of the house and let in a breeze, but then bugs, neighborhood cats, birds, etc can all get in. It would be so nice to have a screen door to keep out anything that isn't supposed to be there!

EDIT: https://www.kunststofkozijnen.nl/draai-kiep-raam/ It's in Dutch, but you can see how the windows open in different ways.

Sans Souci

Have you seen the Netflix series called Our Father? It's about a fertility doctor who used his own seed and has fathered like 100 children. Apparently he also belongs to that same religion. It's a disturbing, but fascinating series.

I'd heard about it, but I didn't know he belonged to that whole Gothard cult. Honestly, that is so gross and such an abuse of one's position as a physician. Ick. I do a full body cringe thinking about it.

Sans Souci

Good morning

I did a hamstring, glute and back workout. Not the most fun for me, but it's done.

I am going to try to go for a walk today. The air is really bad. I went for a walk yesterday, but it was really breezy. I could only smell the smoke here and there. Then it rained and the air was stagnant after that after it come through. I went outside to feed the cat around 9 PM and it was awful. It caught me off guard because it wasn't bad earlier in the day. I am not someone with lung/breathing issues, but it was acrid. My husband is at work and he said people were walking around in masks outside when he left work for the day. He took a photo while waiting for the ferry back to Jersey City.

IMG_2606.jpeg

Maybe I will go out with a mask on when I walk. It's garbage day with multiple trucks collecting garbage, so maybe the mask is good idea. I feel badly for anyone who has to work outdoors in this. I have even been worried about the cat and her little lungs.

Lilofan

Oh those were the days in my younger years traveling outside the USA in Central and South America where some areas had pay to use bathrooms. I guess we are spoiled here no pay to use bathrooms that I can think of but some places have signs posted - "Bathrooms for customers only" .

Songbird76

I'd heard about it, but I didn't know he belonged to that whole Gothard cult. Honestly, that is so gross and such an abuse of one's position as a physician. Ick. I do a full body cringe thinking about it.
I don't know if he was part of the Gothard cult. I just watched Shiny Happy People to see what it was about, but he was part of the Quiver full movement, which I'm not sure if they are the same, but they do believe in world domination. That's the purpose of having so many children. The fertility doctor was so disturbing. He said he used his own seed "Very sparingly" or something, but then it turned out he used it even when woman brought in their husband's sample. He just discarded the husband's and used his own, so women thought their child was biologically their husband's, and they weren't. One of the women did a 23 and me DNA test and found a whole bunch of half siblings. Then as they started to look into it, he kept saying like "There can't be more than 15 siblings" and then there were twice that many. And then he'd say "Well, there might be 30, but that's it." and then they reached 50. As part of the clinic's rules, they were only supposed to use a donor 3 times max, to avoid issues with people accidently marrying a sibling. There shouldn't have been more than like 6 if he only used his own sample 3 times, and he had some children of his own, but they found 94 siblings, and that was already at the time of the filming. So who knows how many there are now.

What's really disturbing is that there was no law to prevent him from doing it, even with women who thought it was their husband's. They signed a contract for insemination, and there was nothing that said it was their husbands', legally the only thing they could get him for was perjury or something because in an investigation he testified under oath that he had used it sparingly and only when another sample wasn't availible. So they were able to hold him accountable for that, but not for the actual act. They are trying to get legislation made that would make that equivalent to rape. It was quite fascinating. But the quiver full movement was brought up and the wanting to take over the world, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom