working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

I just haven't been motivated to get up and get moving of late. It didn't help that I was really sore from all of that work in the flower bed...which shows I should probably be moving like that more often! We went for a family walk yesterday, but my husband cut it short since he also wanted to go out for a drive...just a stay in the car, change of scenery, sort of thing again. I feel like being outside helps. We aren't seeing a lot of masks being worn here, but I decided to go for the handmade layered cloth variety in case I want to go out for a run or a walk on the trails. It'll hopefully keep me a little bit safer and make it easier for me to get in outdoor fitness the way I like it in the places I like to go. I just feel so trapped in my gym or really doing anything inside.

Not the best picture, but a bloom opened up on one of the orange hibiscus yesterday. We knew it was orange, but didn't realize it was one of the double bloom varieties...so that's kind of cool.

49725159528_75356ed2a4_z.jpg

I know it's going to take some time, but it should look really nice once these grow up and into each other. It should make for a nice tropical hedge of sorts. We alternated between orange and red, so it should look pretty nice once it all grows in.

I also baked some brownie oatmeal rum raisin cookies the other day. They were more like the Chopped version of baking...just throwing in whatever I had that sounded like it might be good. I used teff flour, flax meal, some brown sugar GF oatmeal packets I had on hand, cocoa powder, raisins, and rum 🤣 These things really don't go, but the uncooked dough had a nice rum raisin flavor and the cooked product was more like a brownie.

epcotisbest

I just haven't been motivated to get up and get moving of late. It didn't help that I was really sore from all of that work in the flower bed...which shows I should probably be moving like that more often! We went for a family walk yesterday, but my husband cut it short since he also wanted to go out for a drive...just a stay in the car, change of scenery, sort of thing again. I feel like being outside helps. We aren't seeing a lot of masks being worn here, but I decided to go for the handmade layered cloth variety in case I want to go out for a run or a walk on the trails. It'll hopefully keep me a little bit safer and make it easier for me to get in outdoor fitness the way I like it in the places I like to go. I just feel so trapped in my gym or really doing anything inside.

Not the best picture, but a bloom opened up on one of the orange hibiscus yesterday. We knew it was orange, but didn't realize it was one of the double bloom varieties...so that's kind of cool.

49725159528_75356ed2a4_z.jpg

I know it's going to take some time, but it should look really nice once these grow up and into each other. It should make for a nice tropical hedge of sorts. We alternated between orange and red, so it should look pretty nice once it all grows in.

I also baked some brownie oatmeal rum raisin cookies the other day. They were more like the Chopped version of baking...just throwing in whatever I had that sounded like it might be good. I used teff flour, flax meal, some brown sugar GF oatmeal packets I had on hand, cocoa powder, raisins, and rum 🤣 These things really don't go, but the uncooked dough had a nice rum raisin flavor and the cooked product was more like a brownie.

Love the double bloom hibiscus. The orange ones are beautiful.

HouCuseChickie

Love the double bloom hibiscus. The orange ones are beautiful.

It was a nice treat! We weren't sure what we were getting without the labeling. I was initially leaning towards yellow instead of orange, but the only yellow variety available to us were Yellow Delight and those are 100% yellow. I love yellow, but when it comes to hibiscus, I like at least a little pop of contrast.

epcotisbest

Installed a couple more kitchen cabinet organizer slide out shelves today. My wife likes these and wants to order even more. They are kind of a pain to put together and install, but worth it because it makes getting things out of the cabinets so much easier just sliding it out to you. The other ones I put in the pantry cabinets last week really work well and hold lots of cans and bottles. She wants to order even more, but at $100 per cabinet, it is going to add up quickly.

shelves.jpgshelves2.jpg

HouCuseChickie

I wasn’t really in the mood, but I pushed some working out today. I did several rounds of arm work and legwork, did several series of planking, I power walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill, and then it was about 10 miles on the bike.

I also had a hair realization today. I was in a work meeting and my boss mentioned shaving his head since he can’t get a haircut. He joked about wearing a colonial style wig if it looks bad once we’re permitted back into the office. It made me realize that this is the perfect time to try and dye my hair blue. My hair is darker and I’m not daring enough to strip my color, but I gave it a try and wound up with some blue overtones and highlights.
19E003E9-592C-4ECF-A5CA-A9784170DE31.jpeg

epcotisbest

Well, this was a long day sheltering in place. We are blessed to be healthy and we have plenty of groceries and toilet paper. I've been trying to stay out of my wife's way as she works from home. She can't seem to put out all the fires or calm nervous employees, but they have no layoffs and none planned at the moment. She spent the day yesterday applying for loans to keep staff on the payroll during the shutdown and she got word today the completed paperwork was accepted by the lender. Does not mean approved, but accepted is a positive step in the process.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I wasn’t really in the mood, but I pushed some working out today. I did several rounds of arm work and legwork, did several series of planking, I power walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill, and then it was about 10 miles on the bike.

I also had a hair realization today. I was in a work meeting and my boss mentioned shaving his head since he can’t get a haircut. He joked about wearing a colonial style wig if it looks bad once we’re permitted back into the office. It made me realize that this is the perfect time to try and dye my hair blue. My hair is darker and I’m not daring enough to strip my color, but I gave it a try and wound up with some blue overtones and highlights.
View attachment 460716
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!! My guys have survived one by dad haircut and they both look good, I'm letting mine grow and went back to burgandy

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, we are liking them more each day. Looks like I will be ordering more.
Support board between kitchen cabinet doors

He had to do Some retrofitting. Old house. Old solid wood cabinets that had been restored. Each large cabinet had two doors but there was a 3 inch board in the cabinet mainframe. He cut it out carefully and attached it to the the left doors in order to be able to slide the unit into cabinet and of course roll in and out.

I deemed It So worth all the time and aggravation reworking the cabinets brought him. Giggle. 🙃

epcotisbest

Support board between kitchen cabinet doors

He had to do Some retrofitting. Old house. Old solid wood cabinets that had been restored. Each large cabinet had two doors but there was a 3 inch board in the cabinet mainframe. He cut it out carefully and attached it to the the left doors in order to be able to slide the unit into cabinet and of course roll in and out.

I deemed It So worth all the time and aggravation reworking the cabinets brought him. Giggle. 🙃

Yes, my wife said all my moaning and groaning down in the floor putting these things in was well worth it to her, having to listen to me complain the whole time.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes, my wife said all my moaning and groaning down in the floor putting these things in was well worth it to her, having to listen to me complain the whole time.

I like your wife. :inlove:

F6824E91-7C74-4BAF-B59E-5FB6F7402A9E.jpeg

Today it dropped 40 degrees from yesterday. So this new toy will have to wait several days. Anything to keep me from going squirrel-ly during sheltering in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom