working out for Disney

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hidden Figures is an excellent movie and tells a story that should be taught in history books instead of people finding out about these brave heroes in a movie.
The Lovely Bones is chilling, and one I watched because of the book.

I really like the Hidden Figures movie too. When I watched it in the theater I thought it would fit in great with my classroom (I teach middle and high school science). The first time I showed it there was one boy (end of the year 9th grader) in my class that just loved it and his response was such that I remember it clearly. After watching it he said, "Wow that was fantastic. I think it was one of the best movies I've ever seen!" He even referenced it a few times when I saw him in and out of class. Last year I had a particularly rough class of 9th graders, they didn't ever want to do anything even science labs, so I reluctantly showed it to them and they were enraptured too (even the kid that always fell asleep during a video)! This year's class, I had the high achievers, loved it too and actually brought up references to it when we later talked about a few science concepts in the movie. So it not only teaches valuable history but science as well.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
One film that popped into my mind a few months ago was City Slickers. I haven't seen that one in a long time but I remember the first one was funny. I haven't seen it available on any streaming service though. If you are into musicals, you can't go wrong with what in my opinion is the best ever made...Singing in the Rain.

Sans Souci

🌞 Good morning🌞

I did yoga today. I liked this class, it was called "Energetic Surge." It got my heart rate up without moving frenetically. I like power yoga that moves, but I sometimes worry that going too fast isn't great for your joints.

My husband and I went out for a walk yesterday and ended up getting drenched. LOL We both had Gore-tex jackets on and we got soaked through. My leggings were totally wet, too. The upside was not having to dodge others, since we were the only fools out there! I swear, it took the rest of the night for me to get the chill out of myself.

I am making Matar Paneer (Indian-style pressed cottage cheese with peas in a tomato sauce) with naan and rice for dinner tonight. I haven't made it in a long time, so why not?

Anyway. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. :)

Sans Souci

One film that popped into my mind a few months ago was City Slickers. I haven't seen that one in a long time but I remember the first one was funny. I haven't seen it available on any streaming service though. If you are into musicals, you can't go wrong with what in my opinion is the best ever made...Singing in the Rain.

I haven't seen that one in a while, but it is funny.

I'm not a really into musicals, but my husband is. I have had "Telephone Hour" from Bye, Bye, Birdie in my head for a couple of weeks now. Maybe it is a sign from the universe to watch it. LOL

Songbird76

I haven't seen that one in a while, but it is funny.

I'm not a really into musicals, but my husband is. I have had "Telephone Hour" from Bye, Bye, Birdie in my head for a couple of weeks now. Maybe it is a sign from the universe to watch it. LOL
Oh I love musicals....My Fair Lady is my favorite, and I love the Sound of Music, and of course Mary Poppins, and Grease.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hidden Figures is an excellent movie and tells a story that should be taught in history books instead of people finding out about these brave heroes in a movie.
The Lovely Bones is chilling, and one I watched because of the book.
Hidden Figures is really good, if you ever have the opportunity to watch it, watch it. Some of things those women had to endure were humiliating, to put it mildly.
We've seen the movie and James and I have read the book. Shhhhh I have a copy of the movie put away for Christmas

Sans Souci

Good morning-

I did a yoga class that focused on opening up the hips and stretching the hamstrings. My hamstrings have been tight my whole life and never seem to loosen up despite all the yin yoga and foam rolling I do. I don't want to push it too much and tear a hamstring, so I guess I'm just maintaining right now.

My son's "social skills" teacher called up last night to see how he was faring. I was really touched he reached out to us. I know this teacher is my son's favorite and he has had a class with him every year, so I think he's going to miss this teacher after he graduates.

I'm hoping to get out for a walk later on, after it warms up a bit. The sun is out and it's so good to see after the dreary, rainy weather we have had the past few days.

Songbird76

Good morning-

I did a yoga class that focused on opening up the hips and stretching the hamstrings. My hamstrings have been tight my whole life and never seem to loosen up despite all the yin yoga and foam rolling I do. I don't want to push it too much and tear a hamstring, so I guess I'm just maintaining right now.

My son's "social skills" teacher called up last night to see how he was faring. I was really touched he reached out to us. I know this teacher is my son's favorite and he has had a class with him every year, so I think he's going to miss this teacher after he graduates.

I'm hoping to get out for a walk later on, after it warms up a bit. The sun is out and it's so good to see after the dreary, rainy weather we have had the past few days.
That's so nice the teacher called to check on him. My son doesn't even know his social skills teacther's name! He has one teacher for all his classes except PE, Art, and Social Skills. What's kind of funny is that he has a separate teacher for PE, but his classroom teacher is actually a PE teacher.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning-

I know some kids with disabilities can stay in high school until 21 even if they have enough credits to graduate, would your ds benefit with an extra year if he could do so?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom