working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It snowed here this morning. Not a lot, but enough to get excited about for a little while. Big ole, silver dollar sized clumps of snowflakes. Lasted about an hour. Temp was 38 so no chance of sticking, but fun to watch, however briefly
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

You have a nice weekend, too! Hey, are you still barbecuing outdoors? I figured it might be occasional in your area, since your temperatures are a lot warmer in the winter than ours up here. (You shared some food photos fairly recently, but I was just trying to determine if you actually put away the outdoor grill by the end of January, at least. ) I put ours away in September.

epcotisbest

You have a nice weekend, too! Hey, are you still barbecuing outdoors? I figured it might be occasional in your area, since your temperatures are a lot warmer in the winter than ours up here. (You shared some food photos fairly recently, but I was just trying to determine if you actually put away the outdoor grill by the end of January, at least. ) I put ours away in September.

Oh, no, my grills don't get put away at all. Sometimes it is too cold, but I still grill a few times a month.
Here are some cream cheese and chicken stuffed peppers, wrapped in bacon and grilled over lump charcoal with apple wood chunks.

0DFE10DE-0288-4184-869B-8204E23B7498.jpeg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Waving hi. Home was great almost but not quite as good as 30 days, I may have mentioned that before. I got out in the mist today, at least the roads and walkways were good for a change:eek: I did one of the 30 days , just clicked at random yesterday and today but seeing we have a winter weather thingy for tomorrow night some Jillian Michaels may be in order so I don't spend the afternoon screaming. Hope everybody is healthy and happy

HouCuseChickie

Just got back from New Mexico yesterday. That winter storm dumped a whole lot of snow on us (17")...which is great for skiing, but not so great when you don't have the best winter vehicle. I had a friend mock me for buying tire chains, but they're mandatory in some western states, and could be the only way to safely get around in more extreme winter conditions. I wound up being a winter wimp and not using them. There were 4WD vehicles not making it out during the storm and the way we came in was still pretty snow/ice packed...so we added a couple of hours on to our trip and went the long/safer way a couple of days after the storm passed. I was nursing some knee pain before we left and developed a cold while we were there, so I haven't been doing much of anything...aside from feeling like a slug. I am tempted to try and run during my older one's softball practice, but the more I think about it (and cough), the more I think I should wait.

And while the hubby and kids enjoy the snow fun, I much prefer to appreciate it inside. I haven't dealt with much below 0 since we moved south, and I'm thinking my body is saying it's done with freezing temps.
49493866121_afe64bedac_z.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I finished the 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene today. I didn't do it for 30 consecutive days but I am proud that I finished as I have stopped and started it around day 5 a couple different times. I'm thinking I'll start her yoga for weight loss tomorrow. Even though I didn't do the yoga everyday, I did do some sort of workout everyday since the start of the year. I'm down about 10 pounds, I'm looking to lose at least 5 more before I leave for WDW at the start of March. Ideally I'd like to be down 10 more pounds but I'll shoot for 5 and be hopefully pleasantly surprised with more.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I finished the 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene today. I didn't do it for 30 consecutive days but I am proud that I finished as I have stopped and started it around day 5 a couple different times. I'm thinking I'll start her yoga for weight loss tomorrow. Even though I didn't do the yoga everyday, I did do some sort of workout everyday since the start of the year. I'm down about 10 pounds, I'm looking to lose at least 5 more before I leave for WDW at the start of March. Ideally I'd like to be down 10 more pounds but I'll shoot for 5 and be hopefully pleasantly surprised with more.

Wow, 10 pounds down is really good!! :)

HouCuseChickie

Congrats!!! That's awesome! I've heard really good things about Yoga with Adriene. I'm seriously considering adding it in to change up my cross training and also boost my muscle health.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Congrats!!! That's awesome! I've heard really good things about Yoga with Adriene. I'm seriously considering adding it in to change up my cross training and also boost my muscle health.

I first heard of the program when @figmentfan423 mentioned it. I do like Adriene, she shows advanced poses but beginner ones too and it doesn't make me fee like a wimp for not being advanced. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow, 10 pounds down is really good!! :)
X2 you may want to try Home before doing a weight loss one. Have I mentioned how much I liked it;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
X2 you may want to try Home before doing a weight loss one. Have I mentioned how much I liked it;)

i thought about the Home program but it looks like the sessions are longer, which might work better in the summer. The first home one looked like it was 40 minutes and the weight loss one looked to be around 20 minutes. I like about 20 minute sessions because I usually walk too.

epcotisbest

@MinnieM123 one of the good things about snow in the south is it does not last long. It is mostly gone now and allowed me to grill a day after it snowed.
I made some red curry chicken thighs and mixed veggies. I grilled the chicken and veggies at the same time, and the thighs created a lot of smoke from the drippings, so perhaps the veggies were a bit too smoky tasting, but I thought they were fine.

snowgone.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom