working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Good morning-

This morning I did a cardio workout, since it looks like it's going to pour all day. I won't be able to get out for my walk.

I got sick of lasagna, so I made a chickpea and cauliflower masala with brown rice last night. It was OK. It's never as good as when I get it at the Indian restaurant:hilarious:. It was fast and easy though and I'll be eating it again tonight.

I still haven't done my United video interview. I keep putting it off simply because I can't stand talking to a lap top. I'm aiming for tomorrow, because I need to do my nails, sort out my eyebrows and find a way to wear my hair so my roots don't show. LOL

93boomer

Premium Member
Just checking in. I have been pretty busy with the warm weather starting back. Yesterday I washed the outside of all the windows. I have also been sorting through spring clothes. We leave for WDW in 14 days so I have started packing. I hope it stays warm there.
We have been doing our walking before dinner since it is light out now. I usually get in between 14 and 16,000 steps per day. I only wear my Fitbit between 8 am and 8 pm so I get more but I am tired of wearing it by then. :hilarious: I am still doing my light weights twice a week.

HouCuseChickie

It sounds like a pretty solid work out to me.

I try not to get too worried about the scale, either. Most of last year, I was doing just yoga + some walking. I decided to start lifting weight again for my lower body. Since I started in Jan., the scale has gone up by 2-3 pounds, but my husband asked me if I have lost weight. This is what I dislike about WW, because weight is the big metric for them. When I weigh in and input my weight, I get little messages about portion control if my weight has gone up. :rolleyes:

I just got so out of control that I really want to get back into a good range, so I'm sweating it a bit more when the scale doesn't move. I think that's part of why I've never really latched on to the idea of WW. I know it's great for so many people and if it works - do it, but that darn number really messes with my mind. Those little messages might do more harm than good for me. Of course, watching my calf measurements shrink and seeing all of the boots I could now buy is also awful for my bank account! :hilarious:

HouCuseChickie

Well, I tried @figmentfan423 's "breaking it up" idea today. I don't think I can do this all of the time, but the downtime in between intervals clearly made it easier for me to work harder. I normally aim for a 15 mile minimum if I'm biking on a weekday. Every now and then, I'll surpass 16 mi on a super speed day, but most days I'm between 15.25-15.75 mi. By breaking it up, I biked 18.12 mi. That's above my weekend minimum, which usually involves 10 more minutes of biking.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning-

This morning I did a cardio workout, since it looks like it's going to pour all day. I won't be able to get out for my walk.

I got sick of lasagna, so I made a chickpea and cauliflower masala with brown rice last night. It was OK. It's never as good as when I get it at the Indian restaurant:hilarious:. It was fast and easy though and I'll be eating it again tonight.

I still haven't done my United video interview. I keep putting it off simply because I can't stand talking to a lap top. I'm aiming for tomorrow, because I need to do my nails, sort out my eyebrows and find a way to wear my hair so my roots don't show. LOL
Good luck on the video interview and speaking of nails it might sound silly but for the in person spring for a real mani in what the company dress code dictates. Stupid as it seems sometimes it gets noticed:rolleyes:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, I tried @figmentfan423 's "breaking it up" idea today. I don't think I can do this all of the time, but the downtime in between intervals clearly made it easier for me to work harder. I normally aim for a 15 mile minimum if I'm biking on a weekday. Every now and then, I'll surpass 16 mi on a super speed day, but most days I'm between 15.25-15.75 mi. By breaking it up, I biked 18.12 mi. That's above my weekend minimum, which usually involves 10 more minutes of biking.
YEA now the other part is don't do the same type of workout 2 days in a row muscles need to recover to get the most out of your workouts. Boots can be dangerous, me I'm worried about coming home with only one pair of sandals this weekend

HouCuseChickie

YEA now the other part is don't do the same type of workout 2 days in a row muscles need to recover to get the most out of your workouts. Boots can be dangerous, me I'm worried about coming home with only one pair of sandals this weekend

Yeah...I can already feel in my quads that I have to do something different tomorrow.

I will probably have to skip the boots. I'm not sure I can wear them to work without issues and I don't see many outside of work opportunities to wear them. They kind of look like KISS boots meets Laura Croft Tomb Raider, with 5.5" heels and lug soles. I almost bought some sandals too since it's very springy here...and I could wear those anywhere.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just got so out of control that I really want to get back into a good range, so I'm sweating it a bit more when the scale doesn't move. I think that's part of why I've never really latched on to the idea of WW. I know it's great for so many people and if it works - do it, but that darn number really messes with my mind. Those little messages might do more harm than good for me. Of course, watching my calf measurements shrink and seeing all of the boots I could now buy is also awful for my bank account! :hilarious:

I'm far from an authority on the subject, but I have been told that although weight is very important, there's other things that enter into the equation of how well you're doing. Some people have a lot of muscle which weighs more -- so some of them might exceed the "ideal" number of the scale. So what?! They're in good shape and the cookie cutter weight charts might list them as obese?

I recall a few years ago I dropped about 25 pounds. The last few pounds were tough, and a friend of mine (a physician) told me how good I looked. I immediately said, I have 3 more pounds to my goal. She said, oh for heaven's sake, there's not one "exact" number that works for every body type out there. To me, you look fit and wouldn't suggest you drop any more weight at this point. So there you have it. (P.S.: I've put back on some of that weight since, with my love of Hershey bars!) :hilarious:

HouCuseChickie

I'm far from an authority on the subject, but I have been told that although weight is very important, there's other things that enter into the equation of how well you're doing. Some people have a lot of muscle which weighs more -- so some of them might exceed the "ideal" number of the scale. So what?! They're in good shape and the cookie cutter weight charts might list them as obese?

I recall a few years ago I dropped about 25 pounds. The last few pounds were tough, and a friend of mine (a physician) told me how good I looked. I immediately said, I have 3 more pounds to my goal. She said, oh for heaven's sake, there's not one "exact" number that works for every body type out there. To me, you look fit and wouldn't suggest you drop any more weight at this point. So there you have it. (P.S.: I've put back on some of that weight since, with my love of Hershey bars!) :hilarious:

Funny...I read the whole post and yet my eyes keep going back too "cookie cutter" and how I'd LOVE to sit down with a batch of cranberry orange shortbread cookies dipped in dark chocolate. :hilarious: That's about the last thing I need right now!

I'm definitely trying to keep the muscle factor in mind this time. Back in my rail thin days, I usually weighed anywhere from 5-15 lbs more when I added exercise into my routine, yet would look slimmer (and stronger) than I did without the exercise. That's great that your doctor is like that. My current doctors are positive like that as well, but sometimes I hear the voice of my dr from 30 years ago who tried to tell me I should lose another 5-10 lbs when I was already several pounds underweight according to the old school standards.

While I'm not a huge sweet tooth person, I have a weakness for milk chocolate. It's probably a good thing that my stomach now insists on me avoiding dairy. I have more self control with the allergy friendly dark chocolate.

HouCuseChickie

I did a lighter routine today that focused mainly on arms...especially since my legs are still feeling a bit fatigued from biking so much harder yesterday. My legs felt like Jell-o on the treadmill :hilarious: I'm also saving up for tomorrow, as I'm planning on a really intense and long one for Saturday. Part of it is to make up for Sunday, since I expect to be too tired to work out on Sunday...although walking Cookie and running around the pups in the yard is a given. I'm also hoping to wear myself out enough tomorrow to get in a really solid nap. My company is in the process of acquiring another firm. Weekend work isn't usually the norm, but we have to work from about 8:30pm Saturday night to about 9am Sunday morning. On another note, the scale was good today.

Sans Souci

Just checking in. I have been pretty busy with the warm weather starting back. Yesterday I washed the outside of all the windows. I have also been sorting through spring clothes. We leave for WDW in 14 days so I have started packing. I hope it stays warm there.
We have been doing our walking before dinner since it is light out now. I usually get in between 14 and 16,000 steps per day. I only wear my Fitbit between 8 am and 8 pm so I get more but I am tired of wearing it by then. :hilarious: I am still doing my light weights twice a week.

I am sure it'll be warm there by the time you both get there. I'm jealous of your warm weather, send some up here. :)

Sans Souci

Good luck on the video interview and speaking of nails it might sound silly but for the in person spring for a real mani in what the company dress code dictates. Stupid as it seems sometimes it gets noticed:rolleyes:

Yes. I was probably going to get one at the last minute. I know when you go to training, they ride you hard about your nails. Your cuticles need to be well maintained, because the customer sees your nails when handing them a drink.

Sans Souci

I did a lighter routine today that focused mainly on arms...especially since my legs are still feeling a bit fatigued from biking so much harder yesterday. My legs felt like Jell-o on the treadmill :hilarious: I'm also saving up for tomorrow, as I'm planning on a really intense and long one for Saturday. Part of it is to make up for Sunday, since I expect to be too tired to work out on Sunday...although walking Cookie and running around the pups in the yard is a given. I'm also hoping to wear myself out enough tomorrow to get in a really solid nap. My company is in the process of acquiring another firm. Weekend work isn't usually the norm, but we have to work from about 8:30pm Saturday night to about 9am Sunday morning. On another note, the scale was good today.

Are they letting you work from home Sat/Sun? That's crazy. I don't know if I could stay up that whole time. I would need a coffee IV.

Edited to add: Good news about the scale. 🥳

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did some yoga this AM. The nights of 4-5 hours of broken sleep are catching up with me. It was not the most rigorous yoga, but it was good for where I am today. My husband flies home this afternoon (pending winds), so I can get some deep sleep tonight.

I did my video interview with United this morning. It was solid and I feel like I did well, but it's out of my hands. I'm glad it's done though. I wouldn't wish one way, video interviews on anyone!

I was going to go for a walk, but I am absolutely zonked and I have a headache. I think today might be a day off of walking. Plus, it's just not that nice outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom