working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Good morning-

I did a 70 minute "detox" yoga class this AM. I did have to cut about 10 min out towards the end, because my son kept telling me he had to leave for school earlier than usual and his lunch needed to be made. It was making me anxious, so I shortened it and I made my son's lunch. It took 5 min, so I just should have told him to leave me alone. Better yet, he is 17, so he should be making his own lunches. :cautious:

I slept so poorly last night. I always do the first night my husband is away.

So, yesterday, I checked the status of my United application and it changed to "Application complete." Then I checked later and it said "Video invitation sent." Then it reverted to "Application complete." So finally, I got to the point where I just stopped caring and at 7 PM last night, I got my email invite to do a video interview. I went into research mode, tweaking my "elevator speech" and just reading up on the United brand. I got into a flow with it and stayed up later than I wanted. Then my brain went into overdrive when I went to sleep. Then I kept hearing noises and here I am with about 3 hours of broken sleep! :hilarious:

I'm with you on that having them making their own lunches. Mine are a bit younger, but I'm ready to make them do it. That's a good 20-25 minutes I could be using for something more beneficial.

I'm sorry it was a bad night of sleep. My husband doesn't travel or stay out late often, but when he does, I hear all kinds of unfamiliar noises that keep me up well past my bedtime.

So, it sounds like their system is a bit glitchy with the application process. It's too bad that it fed into your not being able to sleep, but at least it's still a possibility that's out there for you.

HouCuseChickie

I got in a workout this morning, but I was sleep walking through the first part of it. I didn't do anything new, or better, or stronger or anything like that...but I did it. Although, these last couple of days have been a bit different in a nice way. A show I really like that sort of kick started this whole journey back in June semi-recently released their new season. It's reality tv, but it's super positive stuff that gives me some mental refreshment. Watching these people help others rediscover their importance helped me keep going in the early stages when it all seemed like such a huge hurdle. So, having new episodes from them now that I've come so far is like a breath of fresh air. It was especially nice today since Voodoo was whining her head off at 2am (the thanks I get for putting in heavy duty dog beds in their crates!).

I know the news is saying that the so-called experts have not deemed any of this a health risk, but there's a big chemical fire that's been burning here for several days. It looks awful, it intensified overnight, and it's blanketing the city in smoke. I can't help but think some of this is adding to my fatigue. They it's OK, but it made Good Morning America yesterday, so something tells me this may not be as harmless as they're saying it is. I took these on my way into work.

47368161222_efda0bdd67_z.jpg

46505747405_0d655ddde5_z.jpg

46505747415_1f0e5a4fe8_z.jpg

40455383463_8c091188be_z.jpg

47421014141_d5af718468_z.jpg

47421014161_52290bc33a_z.jpg

(man, look at all that pollen caked up at the base of my window!)

Well, you get the idea. Our town is thankfully north of the cloud and areas being noted for air quality issues, but my office is right in the thick of it. I guess at least I don't spend much time outside on these days.

Sans Souci

Hello, I'm trying something new this week which is supposed to ramp up the metabolism. I'm not sure about the ramping up part but I'm giving it a go. Supposedly if you break your workout into segments during the day you burn calories longer, I'm not sure I believe it but this week that actually works better time wise for me. Same old, same old boringish food and I'm using monkfruit for a sweetener.

It sounds like you're doing exercise "snacks." :)

Sans Souci

I got in a workout this morning, but I was sleep walking through the first part of it. I didn't do anything new, or better, or stronger or anything like that...but I did it. Although, these last couple of days have been a bit different in a nice way. A show I really like that sort of kick started this whole journey back in June semi-recently released their new season. It's reality tv, but it's super positive stuff that gives me some mental refreshment. Watching these people help others rediscover their importance helped me keep going in the early stages when it all seemed like such a huge hurdle. So, having new episodes from them now that I've come so far is like a breath of fresh air. It was especially nice today since Voodoo was whining her head off at 2am (the thanks I get for putting in heavy duty dog beds in their crates!).

I know the news is saying that the so-called experts have not deemed any of this a health risk, but there's a big chemical fire that's been burning here for several days. It looks awful, it intensified overnight, and it's blanketing the city in smoke. I can't help but think some of this is adding to my fatigue. They it's OK, but it made Good Morning America yesterday, so something tells me this may not be as harmless as they're saying it is. I took these on my way into work.

47368161222_efda0bdd67_z.jpg

46505747405_0d655ddde5_z.jpg

46505747415_1f0e5a4fe8_z.jpg

40455383463_8c091188be_z.jpg

47421014141_d5af718468_z.jpg

47421014161_52290bc33a_z.jpg

(man, look at all that pollen caked up at the base of my window!)

Well, you get the idea. Our town is thankfully north of the cloud and areas being noted for air quality issues, but my office is right in the thick of it. I guess at least I don't spend much time outside on these days.

It looks like a tornado. I did see this on the news. Yikes. I'd definitely be minimizing any time outdoors until it's put out.

Voodoo! LOL It reminds me when your baby sleeps through the entire night and does it for a few days in row and you let your "sleep guard" down a bit. Then they go back to waking up in the middle of the night again...

Sans Souci

Good morning! ☀

I just completed a cardio/strength training workout. My stomach was growling so loudly during it. I have been looking for something to eat, but nothing appeals to me. :hilarious:

I slept a bit better last night, too. I did have a hard time going to sleep, but I slept though the night after that.

I am beginning to think I am not getting a face to face interview with AA. I lurk in a FB group and people who submitted their video interviews the same week I did got invites late, last week. I'm guessing I am not a fit. I can say there is nothing I would change about my answers or how presented myself. This is who I am and I refuse to be inauthentic to fit into a company's culture. 😎 It's not over until I get my "thanks, but no thanks" email, but I kind of feel like it's over for me there. I could be wrong, but mentally, I am moving on.

Once it warms up here today, I am getting out for a walk in the sun and then I am going to practice "talking to my laptop" again to prep for my United interview. :p I really dislike these one way, video interviews, they feel very dehumanizing.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I forgot about monkfruit. I know it's readily available in our markets, so I'll have to give it a try.

I wonder if that workout philosophy is similar to the run/walk studies I've seen. It was something about how making your body go from intense to comfortable and back to intense (and so on) gives your metabolism a real kick start.
That's the supposed idea. Yesterday if I did my workout as one long one I only would have been able to do 5 miles but by breaking it down into 12 minute segments I got in 7 miles so there was that bonus and my oven is clean

HouCuseChickie

It looks like a tornado. I did see this on the news. Yikes. I'd definitely be minimizing any time outdoors until it's put out.

Voodoo! LOL It reminds me when your baby sleeps through the entire night and does it for a few days in row and you let your "sleep guard" down a bit. Then they go back to waking up in the middle of the night again...

It really did have the appearance of a tornado. They claim there wasn't any risk, but I don't buy it. Thankfully, it's out, so now it just needs to clear out of our air.

YES! I'm having flashbacks to when the girls were infants...including "training" them to sleep through the night (like working harder to wear out Voodoo). It also means reminding and training myself to remember that all of her needs have been met for the overnight hours. I had let down my guard and now I'm having that bit of sleep anxiety. Thankfully, they slept through the night last night and I slept like a rock after I got the thoughts to stop racing through my mind.

HouCuseChickie

That's the supposed idea. Yesterday if I did my workout as one long one I only would have been able to do 5 miles but by breaking it down into 12 minute segments I got in 7 miles so there was that bonus and my oven is clean

I'm not sure why, but the clean oven cracks me up :hilarious: 7 miles is great! That's a nice distance increase with this process change up.

HouCuseChickie

On the surface, my morning workout looked like an average morning workout, but I really pushed hard on the bike today. I got in about 15.75 miles, but I also pushed up the tension today, so it was a great leg workout. I've also already run puppies around the yard 3x and since I'm working from home, I can do little mini-burst workouts when I start to feel antsy or sluggish...not to mention puppy exercising at lunch. I just put in a small round on the climber as a little pick me up and I'll fill these little gaps through the day with things like this. The scale is "stuck" again, but I know things are still changing for the better. Those jeans that I got zipped a few weeks ago (that I haven't been able to get on in a little over 11 years) fit well enough this week to be worn into work.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure why, but the clean oven cracks me up :hilarious: 7 miles is great! That's a nice distance increase with this process change up.
My oven has "aqua lift" and I try and stay on top of it but every once in a while it needs a good deep clean with all the cooking that gets done so nothing funny about it but I'm glad somebody found it amusing:joyfull:

HouCuseChickie

My oven has "aqua lift" and I try and stay on top of it but every once in a while it needs a good deep clean with all the cooking that gets done so nothing funny about it but I'm glad somebody found it amusing:joyfull:

Sorry, it may just be that I'm light on sleep. Things strike me as funny lately that are really just the mundane. It even happened to me at work yesterday. I had to Google aqua lift. That's pretty neat!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry, it may just be that I'm light on sleep. Things strike me as funny lately that are really just the mundane. It even happened to me at work yesterday. I had to Google aqua lift. That's pretty neat!
I love it for the most part because if something "spills over" I just wipe, pour in a cup of water, rewipe and it's done. :joyfull:

Sans Souci

On the surface, my morning workout looked like an average morning workout, but I really pushed hard on the bike today. I got in about 15.75 miles, but I also pushed up the tension today, so it was a great leg workout. I've also already run puppies around the yard 3x and since I'm working from home, I can do little mini-burst workouts when I start to feel antsy or sluggish...not to mention puppy exercising at lunch. I just put in a small round on the climber as a little pick me up and I'll fill these little gaps through the day with things like this. The scale is "stuck" again, but I know things are still changing for the better. Those jeans that I got zipped a few weeks ago (that I haven't been able to get on in a little over 11 years) fit well enough this week to be worn into work.

It sounds like a pretty solid work out to me.

I try not to get too worried about the scale, either. Most of last year, I was doing just yoga + some walking. I decided to start lifting weight again for my lower body. Since I started in Jan., the scale has gone up by 2-3 pounds, but my husband asked me if I have lost weight. This is what I dislike about WW, because weight is the big metric for them. When I weigh in and input my weight, I get little messages about portion control if my weight has gone up. :rolleyes:

Sans Souci

Congrats! Hope the interview goes well.
Congratulations!! See.....all you needed was to just stop watching for the pot to boil!
OF COURSE YOU ARE!!! :joyfull: There was never any doubt in my mind, actually. :)
Good luck and safe travels! I hope the guys don't leave you a mess

Thank you so much. 💕 I felt like I really did well on the video interview when I did it, even though it is an awkward experience. But in this FB group I joined for AA FA hopefuls, I noticed that people who submitted their video interviews the same week as I did were getting invited to go to TX. I also noticed these women were 22 and looked like supermodels--no joke. I am neither 22 nor supermodel-looking, so I thought I was going to be told they weren't progressing with me.

So I got my email yesterday afternoon and it just made my day. I hadn't been that excited since I found out I'd been accepted to the University of Chicago for grad school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom