working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Good luck on the video interview and speaking of nails it might sound silly but for the in person spring for a real mani in what the company dress code dictates. Stupid as it seems sometimes it gets noticed:rolleyes:

I would have never thought of this, but now that you've mentioned it, most of the flight attendants coming to mind have nice nails and careful attention to hands and wrists in general. i.e. rings/bracelets/etc. Good call!

HouCuseChickie

Are they letting you work from home Sat/Sun? That's crazy. I don't know if I could stay up that whole time. I would need a coffee IV.

Edited to add: Good news about the scale. 🥳

The last one we did, we were able to remote in from home. This time, we're going into the office. It's still about a 30-40 min drive for me in light traffic and there's a chance we could wrap up in the middle of the night, so I might actually sleep at the office so that I'm not driving while exhausted (and when all of the people who have had a bit too much to drink are on the road). I don't drink coffee, so it's going to be a challenge. The only thing I have going for me is that I'm more of a night owl. Still, I'm going to start to fade between 2-3am.

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

I did some yoga this AM. The nights of 4-5 hours of broken sleep are catching up with me. It was not the most rigorous yoga, but it was good for where I am today. My husband flies home this afternoon (pending winds), so I can get some deep sleep tonight.

I did my video interview with United this morning. It was solid and I feel like I did well, but it's out of my hands. I'm glad it's done though. I wouldn't wish one way, video interviews on anyone!

I was going to go for a walk, but I am absolutely zonked and I have a headache. I think today might be a day off of walking. Plus, it's just not that nice outside.

Hope you're able to sleep better tonight! Good luck with the United interview. The whole video process doesn't sound like the most comfortable situation, but I'm sure they know this account for it in evaluations.

Sans Souci

So, I have a question about wearing navy and black together...some say you can and some say no way.

I have a black blazer that I was going to wear with this dress. I was going to wear sheer black hose and black low heels. I'm trying to look flight attendant-esque for my interview. I don't really have a lot of latitude in what to wear for this interview.

Is it ok to wear those 2 colors together like that?

Songbird76

So, I have a question about wearing navy and black together...some say you can and some say no way.

I have a black blazer that I was going to wear with this dress. I was going to wear sheer black hose and black low heels. I'm trying to look flight attendant-esque for my interview. I don't really have a lot of latitude in what to wear for this interview.

I would say you can, as long as the colors and textures are different enough that it's obvious they are not a mismatched set. You might also consider adding a scarf or something to brighten it up so it doesn't look like funeral attire. Most flight attendants I remember where some other color somewhere to break up the dark.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I would say you can, as long as the colors and textures are different enough that it's obvious they are not a mismatched set. You might also consider adding a scarf or something to brighten it up so it doesn't look like funeral attire. Most flight attendants I remember where some other color somewhere to break up the dark.
What she said or it's a good excuse to spring for a new blazer and scarf;)

HouCuseChickie

While I have a college friend who would say no way, I have always been fine with it. I can't recall the airline, but at least one had navy uniforms for a while and most of the attendants had some black in their coordinating pieces as well as their footwear. In the end, so much of it is about being in something that makes you feel good. The better you feel, the better you can present yourself in the interview.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

First of all, do what makes your feel the most confident.

My own two cents is this: can you wear just the dress, and forgo the jacket? (Either is o.k., just trying to minimalize the black with navy, as it concerns you. Again, it's no huge deal either way.)

Sans Souci

Thanks for all of the style advice, ladies. Ann Taylor had a 50% off sale today, so I got that dress and for about $15 more, I got a navy blazer! I did order the dress a few days ago, but I am returning it when it gets here. I just ordered the same dress today for 50% less than I paid for it the other day. It's like the stars are aligning for me. :)

I slept pretty well last night. I did a 52 minute lower body work out this morning. I also went for a walk today.

I am starting brioche tonight and letting it sit in the fridge overnight.

HouCuseChickie

Thanks for all of the style advice, ladies. Ann Taylor had a 50% off sale today, so I got that dress and for about $15 more, I got a navy blazer! I did order the dress a few days ago, but I am returning it when it gets here. I just ordered the same dress today for 50% less than I paid for it the other day. It's like the stars are aligning for me. :)

I slept pretty well last night. I did a 52 minute lower body work out this morning. I also went for a walk today.

I am starting brioche tonight and letting it sit in the fridge overnight.

Definitely a sign (IMO) that those are the clothes for you!

Yum! Brioche :)

HouCuseChickie

Writing to you at 1:45am from my desk in the office :eek:...waiting to find out if there's more for us to do. Maybe ... just maybe... I'll get to go home soon and get some sleep. At least we have access to the new machine that makes flavored water. I'm currently drinking a mix of coconut and cucumber...after having snacks of veggies, homemade tortilla chips, hummus, baba ganoush and guac.

I got in a really good workout this morning since whatever I do tomorrow (really, later today) will be weak (if it happens at all). I had some great music to get my pumped up on the climber today. I was still so pumped when I got on the treadmill that I was close to a 12 minute mile. Not a traditional workout, but I also bathed both puppies, ran them around the yard and the house multiple times, made a trip to the vet and went to one of my younger one's tournament games today. I tried to nap, but the hubby woke me up and woke the dogs up b/c he set off the cameras when he popped in for his allergy meds. Oh well...hope you're all getting some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Sans Souci

Writing to you at 1:45am from my desk in the office :eek:...waiting to find out if there's more for us to do. Maybe ... just maybe... I'll get to go home soon and get some sleep. At least we have access to the new machine that makes flavored water. I'm currently drinking a mix of coconut and cucumber...after having snacks of veggies, homemade tortilla chips, hummus, baba ganoush and guac.

I got in a really good workout this morning since whatever I do tomorrow (really, later today) will be weak (if it happens at all). I had some great music to get my pumped up on the climber today. I was still so pumped when I got on the treadmill that I was close to a 12 minute mile. Not a traditional workout, but I also bathed both puppies, ran them around the yard and the house multiple times, made a trip to the vet and went to one of my younger one's tournament games today. I tried to nap, but the hubby woke me up and woke the dogs up b/c he set off the cameras when he popped in for his allergy meds. Oh well...hope you're all getting some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

1:45 AM is insane. I hope they let you come in a little late today!

I think the puppies are helping you get exercise in, even when you think you aren't. All of those little spurts of activity are better than cranking out a one hour workout and then going into couch potato mode.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Yesterday was just a walk-no yoga and no weights.

This morning, I did a lower body strength training routine, it was ~45 minutes.

I have just been tweaking stuff that I am about 99.9% will show up in a group interview. "Tell us your name, a little bit about yourself and why you want to work for this airline" type stuff. I have to say, I am feeling very positive.

They gave me my flight info. I selected to go down the day before. I am leaving Philly at 8:30 AM. My husband booked a room for me with his Marriott points. My flight back on Friday gets me back to PHL at 11:58 PM. He wasn't too happy about that, but I have done lots for him to support him in his career-including moving 4 times between 2014-16. Two of those moves were trans Atlantic. :hilarious: I said I could get a Lyft, but I don't think he wants me to go alone in a car with someone I don't know so late in the evening.

I am sorry I keep talking about this. I haven't been to a job interview since 2010 and I don't recall ever doing a group interview--ever.

HouCuseChickie

1:45 AM is insane. I hope they let you come in a little late today!

I think the puppies are helping you get exercise in, even when you think you aren't. All of those little spurts of activity are better than cranking out a one hour workout and then going into couch potato mode.

Work is business as usual, but they were kind enough to reschedule our 8:30am meeting to another day and nicer time slot.

Yes, the pups do definitely get me up and moving...especially when they think it's more fun to have me chase them around the yard vs. coming inside. :rolleyes::hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I have just been tweaking stuff that I am about 99.9% will show up in a group interview. "Tell us your name, a little bit about yourself and why you want to work for this airline" type stuff. I have to say, I am feeling very positive.

They gave me my flight info. I selected to go down the day before. I am leaving Philly at 8:30 AM. My husband booked a room for me with his Marriott points. My flight back on Friday gets me back to PHL at 11:58 PM. He wasn't too happy about that, but I have done lots for him to support him in his career-including moving 4 times between 2014-16. Two of those moves were trans Atlantic. :hilarious: I said I could get a Lyft, but I don't think he wants me to go alone in a car with someone I don't know so late in the evening.

I am sorry I keep talking about this. I haven't been to a job interview since 2010 and I don't recall ever doing a group interview--ever.
Talk, vent and scream your self away here! What ever it takes to steady your nerves for the interview.

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

Hey, it's a big deal. I find I do better on this kind of stuff when I vent and share. I also sympathize with the husband part. Mine is always very supportive of anything I want to do, but he doesn't seem as pleased when it impacts his schedule and such. I agree on not taking a Lyft in the middle of the night. Better to be safe!

HouCuseChickie

We wound up leaving the office at 3:30am yesterday morning and I got home a little after 4am. My husband was clearly not expecting me to make it home until after sunrise because I came pretty close to being locked out. We have a gated driveway...which he'd locked from the inside...so first I had to break into my driveway. We also have a hotel style interior latch on the driveway entry door to the house...which was engaged...so I couldn't get in that way. He turns his phone off at night, so there's no way to call him. Thankfully, he forgot to take the trash out Saturday morning...which meant I did it and I forgot to lock the storm door that leads to the front door of our house (like I always do). Had that storm door been locked, I would have been sleeping in my vehicle in the driveway! I didn't get to sleep though once I got inside. The puppies were now up, so I took them out. I knew Voodoo would whine her head off and wake everyone up if I left them alone after that, so I inflated the air mattress I had in my vehicle (in case I decided to sleep at work) and rested next to their crates. Hubby was up around 5:45am because the younger one had an early tournament game. I scared the daylights out of him when he saw me next to the crates. I got in a 2 hour nap after they left.

No exercise (in the conventional sense) yesterday or so far today, because I was just too tired. I went to bed at 9pm last night and didn't roll out of bed until close to 6:30am...unless you count waking up at 10:30pm (set an alarm) so I could get the pups outside one more time. It's going to be a strange workout week for me until Thursday. The younger one is traveling to Austin with her class on Wednesday. We'll be leaving around 5:30am, so my physical activity that day will be walking around the state capital. I may get in some biking tonight before dinner and do something similar for tomorrow. I'm still so drained from the weekend work that I think a little extra sleep is the best thing I can give myself right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom