working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi kids! Got back last night from WDW (5 days).

Walked a gazillion miles. Had ice cream 2 of the 5 days, and a brownie on one day. Other than that, I ate regular meals, but maybe half portions, because the warmer it gets, the less I eat. (Two days out of 5 were HOT/Humid, and the other 3 weren't bad--either intermittent rain or overcast, but not humid.)

If I walked a gazillion miles and was up for many hours every day, why in heck did I GAIN a pound when I came home last night??!!! :banghead: Fitness tip: Stop exercising! It makes you GAIN weight!!! :jawdrop:

93boomer

Premium Member
She has to go back to Savannah for a few days next week and I am going to go with her this trip. Just scored a great deal on Priceline for a room at the Westin Savannah Harbor resort for three nights. Yeah! It is a very nice place located right across the river from the historic district. You can take a free ferry across the river. We have stayed here before and really like it. While she will be working for two of the three days, we will have one full day to explore together, and we can have dinner together every evening.

View attachment 285914
Nice!!!

93boomer

Premium Member

Walked a gazillion miles. Had ice cream 2 of the 5 days, and a brownie on one day. Other than that, I ate regular meals, but maybe half portions, because the warmer it gets, the less I eat. (Two days out of 5 were HOT/Humid, and the other 3 weren't bad--either intermittent rain or overcast, but not humid.)

If I walked a gazillion miles and was up for many hours every day, why in heck did I GAIN a pound when I came home last night??!!! :banghead: Fitness tip: Stop exercising! It makes you GAIN weight!!! :jawdrop:
Glad you are back! Can’t wait to see pictures!!

Sans Souci

Does anyone have any videos of good arm workouts using hand weights? Specifically ones you do while sitting down?

I sprained my right ankle about two weeks ago. I sprain my ankle on a fairly regular basis and was expecting that after two weeks of RICE, I'd be almost heeled, but not this time (I must be getting old...at 23:hilarious:) so basically, I'm doing weight training every other day without putting any weight on the actual foot. So I'll do some stuff with the hand weights, then do some jackknives (this) and some leg lifts and some other leg exercises that don't require any weight (because I don't want my legs to suffer too much along with my ankle). What I'm doing with my legs and my abs is challenging enough...but I'm using five pound weights, sometimes eight (holding both the five and the three in my hand) and finding I'm not really challenged. Probably time to change it up?

I know I am a bit late, but I think Jessica Smith might have what you are looking for.

Sans Souci

Busy, busy, busy here with end of the school year and gardening. We seemed to have gone straight from winter to summer so all my outside work was way behind. Keeping up with daily yoga and eating pretty well but not perfect:banghead: I hate having to eat on the fly:mad: Tonight's dinner a very large salad with rice and beans

I came back to a jungle of weeds in my back yard and I am trying to summon some motivation to tackle it. Blah.

Sans Souci

She has to go back to Savannah for a few days next week and I am going to go with her this trip. Just scored a great deal on Priceline for a room at the Westin Savannah Harbor resort for three nights. Yeah! It is a very nice place located right across the river from the historic district. You can take a free ferry across the river. We have stayed here before and really like it. While she will be working for two of the three days, we will have one full day to explore together, and we can have dinner together every evening.

View attachment 285914

It looks nice and it sounds like you have made a little getaway out of a work trip. :)

Sans Souci

Our trips overlapped. :) I had some ice cream at Ample Hills the other night. Even the small cup is massive. I split it with a friend and neither one of us could finish it. I gained a pound, too, but I don't think I was nearly as active as you. It rained so much when I got down there and I limited my time in the parks. It was raining in sheets with lots of lightning. I don't mind rain, but the storms bring things to a halt for me.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I have been walking and getting back into regular yoga. I am about to do a yin yoga practice, since my husband is watching a football match/soccer game. His team is playing and he gets loud (to put it mildly). I need some calm and serenity and I hope by the time I am done, the match is over and his team has won. Otherwise, he is a grump the rest of the day. :hilarious:

Songbird76

Hello-

I have been walking and getting back into regular yoga. I am about to do a yin yoga practice, since my husband is watching a football match/soccer game. His team is playing and he gets loud (to put it mildly). I need some calm and serenity and I hope by the time I am done, the match is over and his team has won. Otherwise, he is a grump the rest of the day. :hilarious:
Reason 667 I am glad my husband is not into sports. I don't have to deal with him being a grump because his team lost. He doesn't follow a single sport, and has no team he is a fan of. Plenty of other things to potentially turn him into a grump, but at least sports isn't one of them. I'm sorry you have to deal with that, though. Can you get out of the house so he doesn't direct it at you? Or send HIM out of the house until he's in a better mood?

Sans Souci

Reason 667 I am glad my husband is not into sports. I don't have to deal with him being a grump because his team lost. He doesn't follow a single sport, and has no team he is a fan of. Plenty of other things to potentially turn him into a grump, but at least sports isn't one of them. I'm sorry you have to deal with that, though. Can you get out of the house so he doesn't direct it at you? Or send HIM out of the house until he's in a better mood?

He wasn't really that bad afterwards. He just makes me anxious when I am next to him on a game. He whoops and hollers. Fair enough, he enjoys it. His dad used to take him to see this team when he was a boy and my husband was in a human crush at a football match as a teen that killed 96 people. He said he was stepping on people and he couldn't help it. So, he has a strong emotional bond to this team.

But I guess the goaltender who messed up is getting death threats today. It's a freaking GAME, nobody died. People are unreal sometimes.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was "detox" yoga. I am hoping to go for a walk but it doesn't stop raining long enough for a walk. It stops for 20-30 minutes and starts up again. I have cheesecake in mason jars cooking in my crock pot. They are tomorrow's dessert. I have about 8 jars and there are only three of us. They are half-pint jars, so it's really two servings in one jar. I am making chicken & veggie skewers with olives, hummus and couscous for dinner. :hungry:

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

Today was "detox" yoga. I am hoping to go for a walk but it doesn't stop raining long enough for a walk. It stops for 20-30 minutes and starts up again. I have cheesecake in mason jars cooking in my crock pot. They are tomorrow's dessert. I have about 8 jars and there are only three of us. They are half-pint jars, so it's really two servings in one jar. I am making chicken & veggie skewers with olives, hummus and couscous for dinner. :hungry:
Sounds yummy!!!

Goofyernmost

He wasn't really that bad afterwards. He just makes me anxious when I am next to him on a game. He whoops and hollers. Fair enough, he enjoys it. His dad used to take him to see this team when he was a boy and my husband was in a human crush at a football match as a teen that killed 96 people. He said he was stepping on people and he couldn't help it. So, he has a strong emotional bond to this team.
I have never been into watching sports on TV, not much into playing them either, but, my son in law, has created a monster of my Grandson when it comes to sports and competitiveness. I have seen my SIL, jump up and down, scream at the TV, act like a wild man because of a play or a game that he didn't like. My grandson is following suit. My SIL has been thrown out of my grandsons games because he yells things at the Refs, calls them names if he doesn't agree with one of their calls. It has forced my grandson to be taken from a game because his father couldn't keep his damn mouth shut.

I am not competitive at all when it comes to sports. The only one that I have any involvement with is golf, and I don't even care if I win or lose at that. Sometimes I think it would be good to have more emotional involvement with that kind of stuff, I envy their passion and loyalty to a team of people that they wouldn't know, individually, if that person walked up and spit in their eye. I do wish I could be more passionate about a lot of that stuff, but, I'm afraid that my blueprint has been in affect for a very long time. Maybe it is my life experience that doesn't allow me to put to much emphasis on things that don't really matter, whatever it is, I'm sure I will be carrying that with me to the big Golf Course in the Sky. Maybe, I'll get that hole in one there otherwise I can't see how it could be called heaven.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

View attachment 285914
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
^^^^This X2

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom