working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning more yard work walking and when that's said and done I'll decide which practice to do depending on what I think my body needs. Tonight I'm making oven "fried" "chicken nuggets", buffalo cauliflower wings, French fries and a jumbo salad. I may get some of the salad LOL

93boomer

Premium Member

Sans Souci

Hello-

I got back from WDW last night. It was fun, but it rained everyday/most of the day. It was chilly, too. I broke down and bought a hoodie at Uniqlo. LOL I did some yoga here and there, but I am home and ready to get back into my routine. I tried some new places to eat and returned to some old favorites. All in all, it was a good (but damp and chilly) vacation. :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

I got back from WDW last night. It was fun, but it rained everyday/most of the day. It was chilly, too. I broke down and bought a hoodie at Uniqlo. LOL I did some yoga here and there, but I am home and ready to get back into my routine. I tried some new places to eat and returned to some old favorites. All in all, it was a good (but damp and chilly) vacation. :)
Hi!! Glad you had a good time. I already miss it! ;)Uniqlo is a neat store. We found it this time too.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

Welcome back and you found the on nonDisney store I really like:inlove:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Busy, busy, busy here with end of the school year and gardening. We seemed to have gone straight from winter to summer so all my outside work was way behind. Keeping up with daily yoga and eating pretty well but not perfect:banghead: I hate having to eat on the fly:mad: Tonight's dinner a very large salad with rice and beans

StarWarsGirl

Busy, busy, busy here with end of the school year and gardening. We seemed to have gone straight from winter to summer so all my outside work was way behind. Keeping up with daily yoga and eating pretty well but not perfect:banghead: I hate having to eat on the fly:mad: Tonight's dinner a very large salad with rice and beans
You mean a big salad? In a big bowl?
flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Does anyone have any videos of good arm workouts using hand weights? Specifically ones you do while sitting down?

I sprained my right ankle about two weeks ago. I sprain my ankle on a fairly regular basis and was expecting that after two weeks of RICE, I'd be almost heeled, but not this time (I must be getting old...at 23:hilarious:) so basically, I'm doing weight training every other day without putting any weight on the actual foot. So I'll do some stuff with the hand weights, then do some jackknives (this) and some leg lifts and some other leg exercises that don't require any weight (because I don't want my legs to suffer too much along with my ankle). What I'm doing with my legs and my abs is challenging enough...but I'm using five pound weights, sometimes eight (holding both the five and the three in my hand) and finding I'm not really challenged. Probably time to change it up?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone have any videos of good arm workouts using hand weights? Specifically ones you do while sitting down?

I sprained my right ankle about two weeks ago. I sprain my ankle on a fairly regular basis and was expecting that after two weeks of RICE, I'd be almost heeled, but not this time (I must be getting old...at 23:hilarious:) so basically, I'm doing weight training every other day without putting any weight on the actual foot. So I'll do some stuff with the hand weights, then do some jackknives (this) and some leg lifts and some other leg exercises that don't require any weight (because I don't want my legs to suffer too much along with my ankle). What I'm doing with my legs and my abs is challenging enough...but I'm using five pound weights, sometimes eight (holding both the five and the three in my hand) and finding I'm not really challenged. Probably time to change it up?
Sympathy like. Yes it's time to change it up once you're better for now just do what you can. All I can suggest is youtube is your friend and push ups from your knees. Also keep your brace on when dong any exercise even seated ones!!!!!!!!!! Do you have a local gym with a month by month so you can use the machines there? or does your college have free or low cost access for alumni? Most importantly take care of yourself and GWS xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning a nice morning practice to start my day and I spent some quality time with Jillian Michaels so @StarWarsGirl doesn't have to;). Breakfast blueberry spinach smoothie:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: lunch will be a salad but I have to check my fridge to see exactly what I have left and dinner is in the oven or at least the chick pea veggie loaf and corn cakes are. It's going to be nice so everybody can just reheat what they want for dinner as I plan on being out on my deck with a book at that time;)

epcotisbest

My wife got home from a business trip to Savannah last night and when she came in she handed me a bag and said "surprise." She always brings me back something. This time she stopped at a little place on River Street called "The Peanut Shop," and lets just say, they had some peanuts on sale. Lucky me! I will not get to enjoy the Zagnut bars or much of the White Chocolate Peanut Butter, but will use a little of it as a dip. I like to dip white grapes and apple slices in peanut butter for a simple and tasty snack.

peanuts.jpg

epcotisbest

She has to go back to Savannah for a few days next week and I am going to go with her this trip. Just scored a great deal on Priceline for a room at the Westin Savannah Harbor resort for three nights. Yeah! It is a very nice place located right across the river from the historic district. You can take a free ferry across the river. We have stayed here before and really like it. While she will be working for two of the three days, we will have one full day to explore together, and we can have dinner together every evening.

034E5A47-EAC6-46E9-B5AE-B21AAC2CE5FA.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom