working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I spent this morning with Shiva Rea and have decided her surf yoga practices are just a bit too far out. Back to the bottom of the dvd pile it goes and will come out when I've forgotten how weird it is:hilarious:. At least the weather and time spent outside more than made up for that. Tonight's dinner raw chopped veggies and beans piled high topped with evoo and lemon juice.

I have her "Yoga Trance Dance" DVD. Doing it made me think of those mysterious dancing hysterias that plagued villages en masse in the Middle Ages. I do that one with the curtains drawn.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a back bend practice today. I can't still believe how tight I have gotten. Hopefully that will change over time. There was one "intestines" comment in this one. He said "take a deep breath and let that breath wash over your intestines." Wut? 🤔

Then I went for a long and sweaty walk. Tomorrow the walk will be early in the day.

I made goat cheese-mushroom quesadillas for dinner tonight. It is a Weight Watchers recipe, but my husband doesn't know that. 😛

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

I did a back bend practice today. I can't still believe how tight I have gotten. Hopefully that will change over time. There was one "intestines" comment in this one. He said "take a deep breath and let that breath wash over your intestines." Wut? 🤔

Then I went for a long and sweaty walk. Tomorrow the walk will be early in the day.

I made goat cheese-mushroom quesadillas for dinner tonight. It is a Weight Watchers recipe, but my husband doesn't know that. 😛
The quesadillas sound amazing!! Can you share the recipe?😊

Sans Souci

The quesadillas sound amazing!! Can you share the recipe?😊

Sure, I am cutting and pasting it, because it's in the member's section. I hope it turns out ok.

7 Points
Goat Cheese-Mushroom Quesadillas with Chipotle Cream

Track

Print Favorite Selected
Total Time: 0:34
0:18 minutes Total Time
Prep: 0:16
0:16 minutes Preparation Time
Cook: 0:18
0:18 minutes Cook Time
Serves:
Serves 4 people
Difficulty:
Easy
Difficulty Level: Easy
Sautéed mushrooms give a rich meaty bite to these quesadillas. Spicy chipotle cream provides a great kick.

Ingredients

2spray(s)cooking spray

2cup(s)cremini mushroom(s), sliced

2cup(s)fresh spinach, baby variety

1cup(s)uncooked shallot(s), minced

1small jalapeño pepper(s), seeded, minced

1⁄2tsp dried oregano

1⁄2tsptable salt

1⁄4cup(s)reduced-fat sour cream

2tsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced (or 1 tsp for mild)

1pinch table salt

4medium whole wheat tortilla(s), 7 to 8 inches each

1⁄2cup(s)semisoft goat cheese, crumbled

Instructions

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, spinach, shallots, jalapeno, oregano and 1/2 tsp salt; sauté until vegetables have softened, 5-10 minutes.

In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, chipotle peppers and a pinch of salt. Spread half of each tortilla with 1 Tbsp cream mixture; top cream mixture with 1/4 of vegetables and 2 Tbsp goat cheese. Fold empty tortilla halves over filling; press down gently to close.

Off heat, wipe out skillet and coat with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook quesadillas, flipping once, until lightly toasted and cheese melts, 3-4 minutes per side.

Serving size: 1 quesadilla

Notes
Cook in two batches if necessary. Cover to keep warm.

93boomer

Premium Member
Sure, I am cutting and pasting it, because it's in the member's section. I hope it turns out ok.

7 Points
Goat Cheese-Mushroom Quesadillas with Chipotle Cream

Track

Print Favorite Selected
Total Time: 0:34
0:18 minutes Total Time
Prep: 0:16
0:16 minutes Preparation Time
Cook: 0:18
0:18 minutes Cook Time
Serves:
Serves 4 people
Difficulty:
Easy
Difficulty Level: Easy
Sautéed mushrooms give a rich meaty bite to these quesadillas. Spicy chipotle cream provides a great kick.

Ingredients

2spray(s)cooking spray

2cup(s)cremini mushroom(s), sliced

2cup(s)fresh spinach, baby variety

1cup(s)uncooked shallot(s), minced

1small jalapeño pepper(s), seeded, minced

1⁄2tsp dried oregano

1⁄2tsptable salt

1⁄4cup(s)reduced-fat sour cream

2tsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced (or 1 tsp for mild)

1pinch table salt

4medium whole wheat tortilla(s), 7 to 8 inches each

1⁄2cup(s)semisoft goat cheese, crumbled

Instructions

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, spinach, shallots, jalapeno, oregano and 1/2 tsp salt; sauté until vegetables have softened, 5-10 minutes.

In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, chipotle peppers and a pinch of salt. Spread half of each tortilla with 1 Tbsp cream mixture; top cream mixture with 1/4 of vegetables and 2 Tbsp goat cheese. Fold empty tortilla halves over filling; press down gently to close.

Off heat, wipe out skillet and coat with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook quesadillas, flipping once, until lightly toasted and cheese melts, 3-4 minutes per side.

Serving size: 1 quesadilla

Notes
Cook in two batches if necessary. Cover to keep warm.
Thank you so much!! I am doing this when we get back! Yummy!!!

93boomer

Premium Member
88 glorious degrees outside today. Lots of soaking up vitamin D while mostly moving:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: Tonight's dinner quinoa salad with orange sesame dressing size extra jumbo
Yayy you finally got warm weather!!!! We are sitting at 80 right now. Yesterday was 85 and hot!! We have a breeze too that helps. It better not get cold any more! :mad: Dinner is grilled salmon, baked sweet potato, and roasted peppers, carrots, and mushrooms. Can ya tell I am cleaning out the fridge? :joyfull:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a shoulder opening practice and half an hour of pranayama meditation. I also went for a walk early in the day.

I had my ACs serviced (like I do every spring)three weeks ago. I went to turn it on and nothing happened. The AC goes on outside, but nothing comes out of the vents. My husband tried to fix it, it was working temporarily and then it would stop. My bedroom is hotter than blazes. 😓 The people who serviced it can't come in until tomorrow afternoon to fix it. Luckily, the AC that controls the older part of the house works, so I will be sleeping in the spare room tonight. 💤

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I did a shoulder opening practice and half an hour of pranayama meditation. I also went for a walk early in the day.

I had my ACs serviced (like I do every spring)three weeks ago. I went to turn it on and nothing happened. The AC goes on outside, but nothing comes out of the vents. My husband tried to fix it, it was working temporarily and then it would stop. My bedroom is hotter than blazes. 😓 The people who serviced it can't come in until tomorrow afternoon to fix it. Luckily, the AC that controls the older part of the house works, so I will be sleeping in the spare room tonight. 💤
Good luck

Songbird76

Probably doing some hiking in the mountains later. We're in Germany visiting friends who moved here a couple of years ago. Making spaghetti for dinner since they are at work the whole day today. But doing regular noodles instead of zoodles. I love zoodles, but I can't make enough of them for 8 people!! Well, 7 I guess as DS won't touch spaghetti, so he's getting garlic bread.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did yoga and walked. I think I mentioned this is a 12 DVD set? Well, it comes with a core workout that is 20 minutes long and doing practices that are 65-75 minutes and adding the core workout starts adding up. So, I haven't been doing the core workout. I kind of feel yoga is a great core work out as it is.

They fixed the AC. When we had the AC inspected a few weeks ago, the repair man didn't rewire it correctly. So, it was a quick (and free) fix and I am back in cool air. I ended up sleeping in my room. It was warm, but not unbearable. The thing that kept waking me up was the traffic outside, since I had the window open. Eventually, that settled and I got a few hours in. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have fun. Are you going to do any stocking up while visiting. I remember you saying things are cheaper there

Songbird76

Have fun. Are you going to do any stocking up while visiting. I remember you saying things are cheaper there
Things are cheaper there, but the area she lives in is kind of isolated and there is no real shopping there. I wanted to look for a new camera for our Disney trip next Summer, but couldn't because there is nothing there!! I was really surprised. We did go hiking for a few hours behind her house and then we went to the Monastery ruins in the next town. It's pretty cool...she lives in the last town before the border to what was East Germany until they opened the border. You can see the border line from the place we went hiking. You see this line and then the next town over. It's all incredibly beautiful there, and very peaceful, but there is no shopping to be had, and apparently Germany has VERY strict rules about working hours and rest hours. Like, if you are too loud on a Sunday, and your neighbor complains, you can get in trouble. The fine for mowing your lawn on a Sunday is 50,000 Euro!!! 50, 0000!!!! Isn't that INSANE? So stores can't be open on Sundays, and a lot have limited hours on Saturdays too....and there are quiet hours every day of the week. I think I'd go crazy living there...I had no idea it was like that. Great place to visit, but not for an extended period.

Sans Souci

Yesterday was detox yoga with Fightmaster. No mention of intestines and such:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: I also soaked up some more vitamin D before the thunderstorm:joyfull:

No mention of intestines. :hilarious:

It finally rained a decent amount last night. I have never had a problem with pollen in my life, this year I am sneezing and sniffling like nobody's business. I went for a walk yesterday and I could feel the pollen on my skin when I came in. It was a like a slightly gritty powder. Blah. Hopefully, the rain knocked some of that from the air.

Sans Souci

Things are cheaper there, but the area she lives in is kind of isolated and there is no real shopping there. I wanted to look for a new camera for our Disney trip next Summer, but couldn't because there is nothing there!! I was really surprised. We did go hiking for a few hours behind her house and then we went to the Monastery ruins in the next town. It's pretty cool...she lives in the last town before the border to what was East Germany until they opened the border. You can see the border line from the place we went hiking. You see this line and then the next town over. It's all incredibly beautiful there, and very peaceful, but there is no shopping to be had, and apparently Germany has VERY strict rules about working hours and rest hours. Like, if you are too loud on a Sunday, and your neighbor complains, you can get in trouble. The fine for mowing your lawn on a Sunday is 50,000 Euro!!! 50, 0000!!!! Isn't that INSANE? So stores can't be open on Sundays, and a lot have limited hours on Saturdays too....and there are quiet hours every day of the week. I think I'd go crazy living there...I had no idea it was like that. Great place to visit, but not for an extended period.

Sounds like a you had a fun weekend and sweet hike.

I wish they would fine people here for mowing the lawn at 7-8 AM on a Sunday. I am usually awake my then, but I usually like to chill in bed or read the papers in my quiet house at that hour. It's not only they are mowing the lawn, they have a lawn service come out. It's a bunch of men with professional grade leaf blowers and ride on mowers going for it--it is much louder than a standard lawn mower. After 9, I don't care, it's when it's early, it bothers me.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Hello-

So, I think I found out the culprit of my latest stomach issues. I believe it is the kombucha I have been buying at Costco. I started re-adding certain foods back into my diet and I think this kombucha is the problem. Ironically, I started drinking it because of the probiotics. I'd been drinking this brand for a while, so I was surprised. I had the first bottle on Saturday and my stomach felt kind of funky, but it passed. I had the second bottle yesterday and within 30 minutes, I was doubled over in pain. I felt like my stomach had battery acid in it. I was googling around about stomach pain and kombucha and sites were saying it is a "healing crisis." Apparently, it's your body purging out toxins and you should keep drinking until it passes. Yeah, no. Severe stomach pain is a sign there is something wrong; not a "healing crisis." :rolleyes: I think because it is fermented, it is just too acidic for my stomach. It's too bad, because I did enjoy this one. It was made with ginger and it was tasty. My son likes it, too, so he is going to finish the pack. So, no more 'booch for me.

But other than that, I did my yoga and my walks this weekend. :)

Songbird76

Hello-

So, I think I found out the culprit of my latest stomach issues. I believe it is the kombucha I have been buying at Costco. I started re-adding certain foods back into my diet and I think this kombucha is the problem. Ironically, I started drinking it because of the probiotics. I'd been drinking this brand for a while, so I was surprised. I had the first bottle on Saturday and my stomach felt kind of funky, but it passed. I had the second bottle yesterday and within 30 minutes, I was doubled over in pain. I felt like my stomach had battery acid in it. I was googling around about stomach pain and kombucha and sites were saying it is a "healing crisis." Apparently, it's your body purging out toxins and you should keep drinking until it passes. Yeah, no. Severe stomach pain is a sign there is something wrong; not a "healing crisis." :rolleyes: I think because it is fermented, it is just too acidic for my stomach. It's too bad, because I did enjoy this one. It was made with ginger and it was tasty. My son likes it, too, so he is going to finish the pack. So, no more 'booch for me.

But other than that, I did my yoga and my walks this weekend. :)
Well that sounds less than pleasant!! I wouldn't keep drinking it either! At least you know what it is now so you can avoid it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom