working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Thank you for your concern. Let's just say things got worse after I posted those photos the other day. Multiple trees down, power out, school's closed the rest of this week. About five of us have been working tirelessly the last couple of days just to clear the trees off the neighborhood roads so we can get in and out. Then there is the limb pickup and leaf blowing. I thought we were coming out OK, then came the tail end of the storm to prove me wrong.
Power is back on and everything will be OK. I still can't really complain after seeing all the damage and lives changed in Florida. We are lucky here compared to there.

View attachment 229583 View attachment 229584 View attachment 229585
Wow that was a mess. We have some areas that still look like that here too. My DH is still working on power restoration here.
Someone told my DH today that that is what is happening in FL. The power crews are having to work on clearing the roads before they can even get to putting the lines back up. It is just horrible. I am so glad your power came back on and you guys are safe down there. :)

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today is rest day. I woke up with a stiff neck. LOL I am going to walk later. I had men here repairing the roof (again). We have skylights in our living room and one was leaking the last time it rained. It turns out all three were installed incorrectly. LOL The roofers also told us we have raccoons living in our attic. He did something to their entrance point, so they can't come in. I had no idea, I haven't heard any commotion up there at all. :jawdrop:

I felt like macarons today, to keep in practice. I folded the batter a little longer than usual, just to see what would happen and I used a new baking sheet and an old baking sheet. I bake each sheet one at a time, because it seems like they cook evenly when there is one sheet in the oven. Anyway, first up was the new baking sheet. When I took out the macarons, they were flat and dull with small feet. I thought maybe I over-folded the batter and I put the other sheet in, which is the older one. When I took them out, they were beautiful--perfect feet and glossy shells. I let them cool and I went to take them off the sheets and the flat ones were under cooked. :mad: They took forever to finish cooking and now they are so brittle. Boo. At least the other half came out very well--delicate with a nice chew. I just look at it as troubleshooting and eventually they'll come out fine. I don't think humid weather helps, either. LOL

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

Today is rest day. I woke up with a stiff neck. LOL I am going to walk later. I had men here repairing the roof (again). We have skylights in our living room and one was leaking the last time it rained. It turns out all three were installed incorrectly. LOL The roofers also told us we have raccoons living in our attic. He did something to their entrance point, so they can't come in. I had no idea, I haven't heard any commotion up there at all. :jawdrop:

I felt like macarons today, to keep in practice. I folded the batter a little longer than usual, just to see what would happen and I used a new baking sheet and an old baking sheet. I bake each sheet one at a time, because it seems like they cook evenly when there is one sheet in the oven. Anyway, first up was the new baking sheet. When I took out the macarons, they were flat and dull with small feet. I thought maybe I over-folded the batter and I put the other sheet in, which is the older one. When I took them out, they were beautiful--perfect feet and glossy shells. I let them cool and I went to take them off the sheets and the flat ones were under cooked. :mad: They took forever to finish cooking and now they are so brittle. Boo. At least the other half came out very well--delicate with a nice chew. I just look at it as troubleshooting and eventually they'll come out fine. I don't think humid weather helps, either. LOL
You're right humidity is the culprit, in this weather you were lucky to have half come out right. Talent wins

Sans Souci

The funny thing is that it says I did 17,000 steps and walked over 11km....in an HOUR and 45 MINUTES?? Really? Does it think I'm superwoman?

You might have walked that much. I go for a walk for an hour and 10-15 minutes in the morning and I come back with 11-12K steps. If you are moving around, back and forth for an hour and 45 minutes, I can see how you might get 17K.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a Crock-Pot best loved recipes Slow Cooker Recipes book. It has some really yummy and easy recipes. Usually everything is just thrown in there and cooked. I love it!
I did the lazy person's tonight. 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can crushed tomatoes, 1 pound lentils, 3 tbsp, cumin, salt&pepper, 6 sliced peppers, 2 sliced onions, 2 hot cherry peppers, 3 diced carrots, a few stalks diced celery, water to fill and set to stew/soup. When done add 2 cans drained and rinsed corn served with, fresh cilantro sliced tortillas and diced avocado cans of tomatoes 28 oz each

93boomer

Premium Member
I did the lazy person's tonight. 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can crushed tomatoes, 1 pound lentils, 3 tbsp, cumin, salt&pepper, 6 sliced peppers, 2 sliced onions, 2 hot cherry peppers, 3 diced carrots, a few stalks diced celery, water to fill and set to stew/soup. When done add 2 cans drained and rinsed corn served with, fresh cilantro sliced tortillas and diced avocado cans of tomatoes 28 oz each
Mine has chicken thighs, diced tomatoes, green chiles, onion, garlic, cumin,chicken broth and s&p to taste. Shred chicken, then add corn tortilla strips and cilantro (opt.) stir and top with m jack cheese, lime juice and avocado slices.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Mine has chicken thighs, diced tomatoes, green chiles, onion, garlic, cumin,chicken broth and s&p to taste. Shred chicken, then add corn tortilla strips and cilantro (opt.) stir and top with m jack cheese, lime juice and avocado slices.
I was out of green chilis today and didn't notice until it was already started:oops: The boys didn't notice and are both on their second salad sized bowl full:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom