1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

working out for Disney

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by figmentfan423, Feb 20, 2013.

1. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member Original Poster

good luck and I hope your dh isn't away long if at all xoxo

Sans Souci and 93boomer like this.
  2. Songbird76

Songbird76 Well-Known Member

Sympathy like. I'm so sorry it's not working out. I'm betting the hotels are still booked up because people don't know when they'll be able to go home again. Maybe something will open up later in the week.
    DS seems to be doing ok....he has started feinting deafness when the bullies call him names, which is a HUGE step for him, and I'm so proud of him. Now as long as it doesn't become physical again, we're in business. For now, they've just been taunting him this year, but I'm afraid when they realize it doesn't work anymore, they'll up the ante. He did fall off his bike today, which made it a rough afternoon, but he's fine now. He scraped his knee a bit, but it didn't bleed at all. He screamed like he was dying and the crossing guard freaked out and insisted on getting a teacher to come look at him, but I think that was more to cover his own rear in case there was more than just a scraped knee. He fell right smack in the middle of the street...no idea what happened. He said it's my fault because I was going so fast and he was trying to keep up. :rolleyes: I sped up a tiny bit so we didn't hold up traffic as we crossed the street. But I wasn't going very fast at all, so I think he kind of panicked and lost his balance. Poor baby...if it's not one thing, it's another.

Sans Souci and figmentfan423 like this.
  3. epcotisbest

epcotisbest Well-Known Member

Windy and rainy here, but could be much worse. We are both home, hoping the power does not go out. Lucky so far. Storm moved much further to the west than originally predicted.

4. epcotisbest

Some leaves and limbs blowing around, and the electricity has been flickering as the wind picks up, but no big deal here. One single hibiscus bloom opened up today too.

leaves and limbs 2.jpg
    leaves and limbs.jpg
    leaves and limbs 3.jpg

5. epcotisbest

It got worse. We are still so much more fortunate than others I can't really complain.

storm.jpg
    storm2.jpg

93boomer and Sans Souci like this.
  6. epcotisbest

7. epcotisbest

8. epcotisbest

9. figmentfan423

10. figmentfan423

Good morning today was day 30 of yoga with Tim which was just a thank you for sticking it out so I treated myself to . Seeing the weather will be near perfect I'm going to do a double trip around my lake and then go to the pool:inlove: When the pool is open after school starts there are no life guards so adults only:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Sans Souci likes this.
  11. Sans Souci

Sans Souci Well-Known Member

I love the hibiscus. It came out yesterday as if to say, "Bring it, Irma." I hope you, your wife and dogs are all right today.

figmentfan423 likes this.
  12. Sans Souci

I hope you guys made it though, ok, too. I wasn't exactly sure where you live. I knew generally, but I don't know how close to the ocean you are.

13. Sans Souci

Aw, poor little dude.

That's what my son does when other kids start picking on him (not acknowledging the taunting). It took years trying to get him not to take the bait. It's mostly been successful. I think these kids lose interest if they can't get a rise.

figmentfan423 and Songbird76 like this.
  14. 93boomer

93boomer Well-Known Member

Wow!! That wind was horrible, wasn't it? You guys still ok? Have power?

15. Sans Souci

We're still trying to make it happen, but I am OK if it doesn't. It just a quick, bonus trip to catch up. It was one of those situations where all the stars seemed to align for us, so we all jumped on at the last minute. If we don't meet up this time, we're going to plan for maybe December, although I know it can get chilly down there. We went the first week of Feb. a few years ago and I remember wearing a hat, gloves and winter coat and shivering while watching Illuminations. LOL

16. 93boomer

Aww thanks! We are fine. It wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be though. Rain blew in the basement but not bad. We got 4 1/2 inches so far and lots of wind. We live in the NC mountains. My DD lives in the eastern part so closer to the coast. :)

17. 93boomer

We went in Dec one year and had 80s the first of the week. Then, the rest of the week was so cold we had the heavy coats and gloves. I think the highs were in the 50s. But, that was a cold front that came in. Most Decs are warmer than that.

18. Songbird76

Well, this started in 1st grade...he's in 5th now and he's just starting to get it that they go away if he pretends he can't hear them. They walked away when he wouldn't rise. So yeah...4 years, but it's working so far.

19. Songbird76

Getting my steps in this week! I got an app yesterday that the schedule had been drastically changed at work, and to check to see if our hours had changed....they doubled mine. So I work every day the rest of this week and just today I've already got 18,503 steps in and the day isn't over yet. I should hit 20,000 before bedtime.

20. figmentfan423

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: