working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Good morning. Today I am going out to pick up a few things just in case the hurricane comes over us. If the power goes out, our water pump goes out. So gallons of water and water to drink will be needed. It's been awhile since we had one go over but the winds really picked up then. Hate wind. :mad:
Ok everyone take care and have a good day. :)

I hoping that it doesn't touch you. I went to sleep last night hoping it would slow down a bit, but its still going strong.

Sans Souci

Wait...so she goes on 6-7 cruises a yer, but tells you that YOU spend too much on cruises?? Why does she care how you spend your money and what you choose for YOUR vacation? That makes no sense!

Yes. She thinks Disney cruises are expensive. They are, but I don't go on 6-7 of them in year. I *like* cruising now and again, but it's not something I would choose for a family vacation annually.

My husband had the news on about Irma last night. When they talked about the islands it was hitting/about to hit she would say, "I've been there-beautiful. I've been there, too. Blah Blah. Blah." I left the room and went to my bedroom. LOL

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I did a new workout today, so my legs might be sore tomorrow. I got it for a dollar in a flash sale--can't beat that!

I didn't walk today, it was pretty gloomy and wet. I stayed up in my room most of the day, because I am sick of my MIL talking at me about cruises. I'm a little tired of being told we are spending too much to go on Disney cruises. She goes on a cruses about 6-7 cruises a year, which is great if that is what she likes. Then she tells the same stories about them every time I see her. This has been going on since I met my husband. :hilarious:

I'm still hoping Irma takes a hard rt away from the US, but that's not looking too likely as time goes on. This is storm is insane. :jawdrop:
Hugs, moms:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. Today I am going out to pick up a few things just in case the hurricane comes over us. If the power goes out, our water pump goes out. So gallons of water and water to drink will be needed. It's been awhile since we had one go over but the winds really picked up then. Hate wind. :mad:
Ok everyone take care and have a good day. :)
I hope it swings hard and goes out to sea. I prepped Monday just in case. Worst/best case I ready if we get an ice storm over the winter

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
So, my flight for Saturday night was cancelled this AM. I can change it once free of charge. Part of me wants to go out earlier in the day. I really wanted to see my friends again. We have all fanned out since school and it's always so difficult to meet up due to children, work, distance (one lives in Europe). Honestly, the parks were a secondary thing for me. I wanted to catch up and have a laugh with them. :) One of my friends is already down there and has been since Saturday and she flew in from Europe. She is riding it out and my other two friends are still intending on going down tonight.

I think I will see how the updates go today. I will probably just for the 11th or 12th seeing how this plays out. I'm still hoping (in futility, I suppose) that it will turn away from the US. What an ugly season this is turning out to be.
If you decide to go down pack 2 days of food and wine. Last year's hurricane people at Disney got cruddy boxed meals that they waited 2 hours on line for.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good afternoon. Yesterday or should I say last night was not fun!!! I was up past midnight with a sick dh(worse than kids). So I got up and did 2 miles just so the blood was flowing enough to get the boys out and grab a nap. I somehow managed to do day 25 YWT. I'm going to finish it no matter what seeing I'm so close to the end. Thank goodness for salad and left overs tonight.:joyfull: BTW the PITA seems to be fine now.

epcotisbest

We got back from a trip to Orlando Wednesday night, where we were supposed to be there until this coming Sunday, but we came on back early. No need in taking a chance on Irma. Leaving early and beating the mass exodus on the turnpike and I-75 was a good idea. Traffic was heavy Wednesday evening, but nothing like what they are showing on the news tonight. We gassed up the car Tuesday and had a full tank ready to go.
We went to SeaWorld a few times as our annual pass was still good, and over to Disney Springs once. Did not get to do Discovery Cove again as planned because we cut the trip short. Weather there was miserably hot, mid-nineties and very humid with afternoon showers. It is so nice and cool and pleasant here at home. We feel a little bummed about cutting the trip short, but happy to be home. According to local forecasts, it looks like we could get some heavy rain and winds out of this thing come Monday, but nothing like those folks in the direct path are facing. I pray everyone in the path of the storm is safe, but I fear there is a lot of damage coming.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

It is hard to look cool at SeaWorld in the rain wearing a tourist hat, Disney shirt and kids pink poncho. A kind family gave this to me as they were leaving one rainy evening, noticing I did not exactly fit under my wife's umbrella, and I could not disappoint the little girl who handed it to me. I put it on and thanked her for her generosity. It does not matter how silly I looked, that made her happy.

Seaworld 2017 6.jpg

Songbird76

Good afternoon. Yesterday or should I say last night was not fun!!! I was up past midnight with a sick dh(worse than kids). So I got up and did 2 miles just so the blood was flowing enough to get the boys out and grab a nap. I somehow managed to do day 25 YWT. I'm going to finish it no matter what seeing I'm so close to the end. Thank goodness for salad and left overs tonight.:joyfull: BTW the PITA seems to be fine now.
Ugh...sympathy like. I have to say my husband is not bad at all when he's sick. I think I'm a much worse patient than he is. He just sleeps and I don't have to do anything. Glad yours is feeling better though!

It is RAINY today. We're supposed to get nearly 2 inches of rain today...I hope they are wrong about that. They had to cancel the lantern walk from the old school to the new school for the official grand opening tonight and everything will be indoors. I ended up having to walk to the grocery store twice because not everything would fit in my grocery bag in one trip. (You have to bring your own bags here and I have one on wheels so I don't have to carry the heavy things like Juice and Milk and potatoes. It's really handy, until you buy a LOT and it won't fit.) Today would actually be a great day for potato soup! Man...wish I had the stuff to make it in the house.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It is hard to look cool at SeaWorld in the rain wearing a tourist hat, Disney shirt and kids pink poncho. A kind family gave this to me as they were leaving one rainy evening, noticing I did not exactly fit under my wife's umbrella, and I could not disappoint the little girl who handed it to me. I put it on and thanked her for her generosity. It does not matter how silly I looked, that made her happy.

View attachment 227457
THNX for checking in!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a bit worried, just hoping you were away having fun and to my delight you were:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so jelly you were in Orlando, visited DS(my wallet isn't:hilarious:) and petting a penguin had to be the highlight of your holiday:joyfull: You missed our bbq pics a page back because I wanted an expert opinion:( ps it takes a real manly man to wear that shade of pink:inlove:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy farm market Friday! day 29 and 2 miles done. Dinner will be a quinoa salad and I just have to see what's going in except for tomatoes and cukes(still have another good couple weeks of my own going) and sauteed swiss chard(also mine). Everybody have a wonderful fun and safe weekend. Top off your gas tank when you can the situation may get dicey the next couple of days with supplies being diverted to Florida. Prayers to all in it's path

Sans Souci

@Sans Souci are you still thinking about going down?

I rebooked for a 6 AM flight on the 12th. I thought if this storm was going to skirt up the east coast, I would go down (provided wind speeds weren't too insane). But now that the European model is showing this going up the center of the state, I don't feel safe going down. I know people say, "Oh, Disney is the safest place to be in a hurricane." I disagree, the safest place to be in a hurricane is well out of the cone, hundreds of miles away! :p

Plus, I am worried about what it's going to be like when the storm clears as far as infrastructure goes. I was worried about just getting to the airport afterwards. My flight home goes through Ft. Lauderdale.

My friend is still there and is going to ride it out. I told her to come up here. Lufthansa is letting Miami and Orlando passengers depart from other American cities free of charge. so she could have flown from Philly and departed from here. I am very anxious for her safety.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom