working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning 7 miles done and I'm going group walking as soon as the bus leaves.:joyfull: I just realized I still have more vac sealed blueberries than I thought in my chest freezer so guess what I'm having for breakfast. You guesses it a banana blueberry smoothie with flax seed and kale:hungry: Lunch will be an Orientalish salad with mandarin orange(I have half in the fridge that needs to get eaten) and dinner will be a tropical salad with a bit of leftover pineapple and a dressing with coconut oil instead of evoo:hungry:

Coffee, Ritz crackers and peanut butter for breakfast. That's it for me, until I stumble out of the house for the bus this morning. ;) :D

Songbird76

Good morning 7 miles done and I'm going group walking as soon as the bus leaves.:joyfull: I just realized I still have more vac sealed blueberries than I thought in my chest freezer so guess what I'm having for breakfast. You guesses it a banana blueberry smoothie with flax seed and kale:hungry: Lunch will be an Orientalish salad with mandarin orange(I have half in the fridge that needs to get eaten) and dinner will be a tropical salad with a bit of leftover pineapple and a dressing with coconut oil instead of evoo:hungry:
Do you put yogurt in your smoothies or is it just the fruit? I usually do just the fruit, but I guess that's not technically a smoothie...just juice.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Do you put yogurt in your smoothies or is it just the fruit? I usually do just the fruit, but I guess that's not technically a smoothie...just juice.
It depends on if I'm ambitious and make yogurt or if I make it the boys leave me any:banghead: To me a smoothie is a drink with the fruit and or veggie fiber and juice is just liquid extracted from produce, you're definition may differ. It's all:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 5 LS miles done and I have a kickboxing DVD(JM) ready to go after I kick the boys out. I'm going to stay inside and hide from the weather today and make some nice warm curry:hungry::joyfull: for dinner.

Songbird76

I made smoothies for DD and I this morning. Banana, mandarins, blueberries, raspberries and a little half fat vanilla yogurt. So. Good. Yummm!
It never did rain here yesterday as promised and now it's supposed to get warm today and hot through the weekend. I'm meeeelting!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It depends on if I'm ambitious and make yogurt or if I make it the boys leave me any:banghead: To me a smoothie is a drink with the fruit and or veggie fiber and juice is just liquid extracted from produce, you're definition may differ. It's all:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Just curious--have you ever made a smoothie the night before, and refrigerated it, for the morning? (Do they have a "shelf life" so to speak?) I just figured it would be easier for you to make it ahead of time, and then in the morning, all you'd have to do is get it out of the frig.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just curious--have you ever made a smoothie the night before, and refrigerated it, for the morning? (Do they have a "shelf life" so to speak?) I just figured it would be easier for you to make it ahead of time, and then in the morning, all you'd have to do is get it out of the frig.
Not exactly. I'll have chopped fruits and veggies in either my fridge or freezer and just blend them up in the morning because it only takes a minute to blend. My dh does sometimes take them to work already to drink and he says he just shakes them up there. So yes they have a "shelf life" of sorts.

Songbird76

Well I had to get my bike fixed yesterday after work, but wow it is easy now. The back tire was almost flat....again. So he put a new innertube in it and it is much better. So I rode my bike to the Centrum to meet with friends and I'll ride it tonight to go see my old choir perform. Yesterday I rode it to work where I walked the whole day. Lots of exercise in the last few days!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well I had to get my bike fixed yesterday after work, but wow it is easy now. The back tire was almost flat....again. So he put a new innertube in it and it is much better. So I rode my bike to the Centrum to meet with friends and I'll ride it tonight to go see my old choir perform. Yesterday I rode it to work where I walked the whole day. Lots of exercise in the last few days!!
The like was for getting exercise:inlove: But oh no not another bike repair:mad::mad::mad: Hopefully it will be the last for a very long while. Knock wood(my head)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yea another 10 mile day and I finished up 30 days of yoga with Adrienne. Seeing I got a good deal on dinosaur kale some of that went into my blueberry smoothie for breakfast:hungry:(I still have some blueberries left in the freezer to use up) lunch was a vegan nicoise salad and dinner will be a quinoa salad:hungry::hungry::hungry: only mine will have more greens than BOG:joyfull:. I hope everybody had a great weekend(mine ends tomorrow:mad:) I get to kick everybody out:D

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Hubs will put air in my bike tires this coming weekend. I don't ride it much (never during the week, because I'm at work, and spend hours commuting each day). But if I get up early and go out on a weekend morning, sometimes it's nice to ride around. It has to be early morning though, before the traffic picks up. I don't live in the safest area for bicyclists.

Songbird76

Hubs will put air in my bike tires this coming weekend. I don't ride it much (never during the week, because I'm at work, and spend hours commuting each day). But if I get up early and go out on a weekend morning, sometimes it's nice to ride around. It has to be early morning though, before the traffic picks up. I don't live in the safest area for bicyclists.
That's one thing I can say for the Netherlands...they've put a LOT of work into bike paths and we even have special stoplights just for bicycles, so we get protected crossings and turns and such. Over here, bikes are a major mode of transportation because gas is so expensive and there's also a tax for owning a car, and it costs a lot to get a license. Riding a bike costs nothing except for the bike and upkeep on it. So people ride bikes even if they work 15 miles away. My work is only a couple of miles, so it's not a bad bike ride. The only bad part is that there are 2 parts of the bike path that are really poorly designed with very steep hills and/or tunnels that I won't go through in the dark. But I can avoid those if I take a little bit longer route. I don't avoid them most of the time, but if it's dark I do, and if my hip is bothering me a lot, I walk up the hills because otherwise it is too painful.
But I couldn't pump my own tires up because the thingy was broken...not sure what it's called, but the little nozzle you attach the pump to....that's broken and you have to have a pressurized pump to force the air in. A hand pump won't work. Well, now that he put a new innertube and such in, it should work. So yay!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning yesterday I got in over 12 miles because the chicken squad didn't want to go out in the drizzle and as a reward for finishing 30 days i did Shiva Rea's yogini:joyfull: I did some LS and weight's this morning so my smoothie the last of the dinosaur kale, blueberries, part of a banana and some walnuts:hungry: Seeing today will be a bit cool I'm going to bake some black bean burgers, the plan make enough for now and enough to freeze for later use:joyfull:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I've been remiss about posting, but I have been working out.

I hit my weight goal just over a week ago and then I went back up to where I was 2 weeks ago. :rolleyes: I did increase the weight I was lifting and I was sore most days, so I think I was retaining water from that. Nothing else changed. I track everything I eat. That's my story and I am sticking to it. I am just a tiny bit above my goal weight--less than a pound above it.

I have started making soap. I really like Lush products, but I am too cheap to buy them. So I am teaching myself how to make them. :)

Sans Souci

Oh...did I not tell you guys? I know I told the chit chat group, but it was so out of the blue and I had 24 hours to get flights, get the kids excused from school, pack, get everything I needed together and go, so I might have forgotten. Sorry! We got the call in the middle of the night and had to wait until morning to talk to the school and our employers, etc. It was a bit of a whirlwind...and then to get stuck there waiting. But I'm glad I DID go home last summer, because at least now I don't have that regret of not taking the time to visit him. But, no, I wasn't expecting to have to go back again so soon. The real kicker is that he had just turned 84 the week before and I had just said how he had had a nice long life and I couldn't complain if he was taken now...less than 24 hours after I said that, he was gone. With my mom, she had been fighting cancer for 2 years, and she got really bad and we were able to be with her...we were expecting it. With my dad, he called me on the Monday...he called every couple of days to say hi. So he called, said he wasn't feeling great and he was going to try to get an appointment with the doctor. Then he called back to say he had gotten the appointment. I told him to let me know what the doctor said and I loved him. Then instead of him calling the next day to tell me how it went at the doctor, we got the call that he had passed. The doctor had seen him and told him he was fine and sent him back to his friend's house where he was staying because they were expecting a storm and dad lived in the middle of nowhere. So it was completely unexpected and the doctor must have missed something.

I'd noticed you'd not posted here in a while, but I know you get busy at times. I am very sorry, though.

How was your getaway with your husband?

Songbird76

I'd noticed you'd not posted here in a while, but I know you get busy at times. I am very sorry, though.

How was your getaway with your husband?
It was lovely, thanks! We had a really great time and we loved the Escape Room so much we are doing another one this weekend as an early father's Day present for DH, but we're taking the kids to this one. We really needed the down time though!

Sans Souci

It was lovely, thanks! We had a really great time and we loved the Escape Room so much we are doing another one this weekend as an early father's Day present for DH, but we're taking the kids to this one. We really needed the down time though!

I have an Escape Room just around the corner from me. I keep meaning to check it out. It looks like it's something we can do as a family, although my son is at that age where he doesn't want to be seen with us. LOL

Songbird76

I have an Escape Room just around the corner from me. I keep meaning to check it out. It looks like it's something we can do as a family, although my son is at that age where he doesn't want to be seen with us. LOL
It's so much fun! We did have a problem last week because it was only the 2 of us and you really can't do it with just two people. I mean, it's fun, but you can't really solve everything in only an hour with only 2 people. Most rooms over here say 6 people, but we don't know anyone else who is into that kind of thing. The one we are going to tomorrow also allows children as young as 8 when most have to be 16. Tomorrows is a Harry Potter theme...well....wizarding school. They don't have permission to use the HP trademark. But it should be lots of fun, even if we can't beat the room.

Sans Souci

Hello, it's me again, the resident spammer :p

I just finished a DVD I haven't done in about 4 years. It was pretty decent. It moved quickly and had tons of variety. I was getting kind of tired of what I was doing before. It was just burpee after burpee in every workout and so many in each workout. I don't dislike them, but dang, find another way to get the heart rate up. LOL

Oh and I found a new You Tube channel. All of her workouts are 20 minutes. She uses light weights and shows low impact medications. I haven't tried them yet, but they look good for days when something is better than nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom