working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bedtime yoga...is that a specific thing? Or do you just do some yoga before bed? I'd like to try it if it's a specific thing to help you wind down for sleep. I am TERRIBLE about bed time. It takes me hours to fall asleep some nights. My husband lies down and is out like a light in minutes, but I toss and turn for at least an hour every night. Anything that might help me get to sleep faster is worth a try. Enjoy your routine!
THNX and yoga for bedtime is a thing and helps me fall asleep when I'm stressed:joyfull: There are quite a few on youtube and best of all most are beginner level, no crazy moves:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. I'm loving the warmer weather because my group is out almost everyday for a walk and one of the snowbirds is back with us:joyfull::joyfull: Today is weights, walking and day 23 ofYWA:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: It will be nice enough to do the practice on my deck:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:. As far as food goes, raw is the word. A smoothie with walnuts and blueberries for breakfast, lunch will be a tropical salad with coconut dressing and dinner will be an Italian themed salad.

Songbird76

THNX and yoga for bedtime is a thing and helps me fall asleep when I'm stressed:joyfull: There are quite a few on youtube and best of all most are beginner level, no crazy moves:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I will take a look, thank you! I thought about it last night because I was tossing and turning long after hubby started snoring. But I had already turned my computer off. Any specific videos you would recommend?

Songbird76

Good morning. I'm loving the warmer weather because my group is out almost everyday for a walk and one of the snowbirds is back with us:joyfull::joyfull: Today is weights, walking and day 23 ofYWA:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: It will be nice enough to do the practice on my deck:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:. As far as food goes, raw is the word. A smoothie with walnuts and blueberries for breakfast, lunch will be a tropical salad with coconut dressing and dinner will be an Italian themed salad.
What do you put in your smoothie? Blueberries are BOGO this week, so I bought some...smoothies sound great. I Usually do fresh squeezed OJ, strawberries, and blueberries, but I'm open to suggestions. Have you ever done mandarin oranges? And can you just put in the whole peeled orange? I have always just done juice, but I have a bunch of mandarins I need to use up....

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I will take a look, thank you! I thought about it last night because I was tossing and turning long after hubby started snoring. But I had already turned my computer off. Any specific videos you would recommend?
Any of the ones by either yoga with Adrienne or by Psyche Truth are worth checking out. I did project OM when it live streamed (Adrienne) and felt like I could go right to sleep. I'd avoid Boho Beautiful, I find her.......... Of course your mileage and sleep may vary. Your best bet is to try a few and see which ones you like. Also remember when doing yoga it isn't getting into the pose it's easing into it and the journey that counts. Good luck and I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
What do you put in your smoothie? Blueberries are BOGO this week, so I bought some...smoothies sound great. I Usually do fresh squeezed OJ, strawberries, and blueberries, but I'm open to suggestions. Have you ever done mandarin oranges? And can you just put in the whole peeled orange? I have always just done juice, but I have a bunch of mandarins I need to use up....
Today I'm putting in blueberries, a few soaked walnuts and spinach. I never put juice into my smoothies because i want all the fiber I can get because it helps to keep you full longer. I like a mandarin orange and 1/2 a banana with a tablespoon of unsweetened coconut. So yup just just drop the orange segments in. I also will freeze fruit for my smoothies to make them thicker, nothing like a "milkshake" sans milk:hungry:

Songbird76

Today I'm putting in blueberries, a few soaked walnuts and spinach. I never put juice into my smoothies because i want all the fiber I can get because it helps to keep you full longer. I like a mandarin orange and 1/2 a banana with a tablespoon of unsweetened coconut. So yup just just drop the orange segments in. I also will freeze fruit for my smoothies to make them thicker, nothing like a "milkshake" sans milk:hungry:
Right...I forgot I usually do bananas, too. Yum!!!! Freezing them sounds fantastic!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Do you freeze bananas? I was wondering what you did with the other half of the banana.

Sans Souci

Well, I've been here for almost 15 years and I've been to WDW twice since I moved here and I've never been to DLP. I should have gone LONG before now, but to be honest, I'm a bit scared that I am spoiled by WDW and I will be disappointed.
And yes, a month apart...my kids had to go back to school and my husband had to go back to work and it was taking so much longer than I thought it would to deal with my dad's estate. I was there for 6 weeks and it's still not done and I'm so stressed out about it, but hubby couldn't keep taking time off to be with the kids when they got out of school. I had to come back and I guess I will l just have to make another trip to settle things when we find out if we have to go through probate or not. So it was also a WASTED month because I couldn't DO anything most of that time. Once the funeral was arranged, I hit a brick wall. So I could have just as well come home after the 2nd week once we got the death certificates. Hindsight. Did I mention how far away October seems??

I had no idea your father passed away. I am sorry for your loss. You just went back home last summer, too.

Sans Souci

I was just down there this week (got home last night). Tangierine Cafe is definitely one of the best QS on all of Disney's properties.

It was hot this week and I actually enjoyed the Flower & Garden food stands in World Showcase. When I'm hot, I don't eat a lot, and I found the small plates were a better option for me for some of my meals, if I was at EPCOT that day. Morocco had a really tasty sausage that they served on a finger roll. My other favorite was the spring rolls over in China. I don't know what's in the dipping sauce, but it was delicious! :hungry:

Oh, congrats on the weight loss!!

Aw! We just about crossed paths.

I didn't get to sample the foods from the booths at Epcot! My friend is way too obsessed with MK and thus we spent most of our time there.

I was there a week before you and the week started out not so bad--day time temps in the mid 80s. It was almost chilly at night. Then Wednesday, the heat came. I am usually not bothered by the heat. But I was playing mini golf at Fantasia Gardens and I just felt awful. I walked to the Swan and got an uber back to the hotel. I just stayed in the rest of the evening. :depressed:

Sans Souci

Bedtime yoga...is that a specific thing? Or do you just do some yoga before bed? I'd like to try it if it's a specific thing to help you wind down for sleep. I am TERRIBLE about bed time. It takes me hours to fall asleep some nights. My husband lies down and is out like a light in minutes, but I toss and turn for at least an hour every night. Anything that might help me get to sleep faster is worth a try. Enjoy your routine!

If you go to You Tube, try searching "yin yoga." My husband swears by it for getting to sleep and staying asleep.

I struggle falling asleep, too. It's the worst. It's like my brain never gets calm.

Sans Souci

I'd avoid Boho Beautiful, I find her..........

She makes me roll my eyes SO HARD. I feel like she has the carefully-cultivated life for instagram photos. All the pouty poses at the camera and the carelessly tousled hair that probably took a ton of hair product to get it to look like that. My favorite is the plow pose in very brief booty shorts. LOL

Sans Souci

Hello-

I started my second week of the this 8 week program I bought a zillion years ago and never completed (FB Fit). This week seems like a lot of strength training and I am not burning a ton of calories. But I peeked ahead to next week and it looks like it takes off then. I think the first 2 weeks ease you in. I just like not worrying about what to do everyday.

My husband left for DC Sunday and is there until Thursday. I've just been kind of throwing stuff together for dinner at night. It's a pain in the butt cooking for one! Tonight, I thinly sliced some Yukon Golds and lined a springform pan with half of them. I sprinkled some allspice and thyme over them and covered them in tomatoes and Kalamata olives. Then I did another layer, drizzled some olive oil over the whole thing and baked it. It was OK. I'll probably eat again tomorrow because I am so lazy. :oops:

Songbird76

I had no idea your father passed away. I am sorry for your loss. You just went back home last summer, too.
Oh...did I not tell you guys? I know I told the chit chat group, but it was so out of the blue and I had 24 hours to get flights, get the kids excused from school, pack, get everything I needed together and go, so I might have forgotten. Sorry! We got the call in the middle of the night and had to wait until morning to talk to the school and our employers, etc. It was a bit of a whirlwind...and then to get stuck there waiting. But I'm glad I DID go home last summer, because at least now I don't have that regret of not taking the time to visit him. But, no, I wasn't expecting to have to go back again so soon. The real kicker is that he had just turned 84 the week before and I had just said how he had had a nice long life and I couldn't complain if he was taken now...less than 24 hours after I said that, he was gone. With my mom, she had been fighting cancer for 2 years, and she got really bad and we were able to be with her...we were expecting it. With my dad, he called me on the Monday...he called every couple of days to say hi. So he called, said he wasn't feeling great and he was going to try to get an appointment with the doctor. Then he called back to say he had gotten the appointment. I told him to let me know what the doctor said and I loved him. Then instead of him calling the next day to tell me how it went at the doctor, we got the call that he had passed. The doctor had seen him and told him he was fine and sent him back to his friend's house where he was staying because they were expecting a storm and dad lived in the middle of nowhere. So it was completely unexpected and the doctor must have missed something.

Songbird76

If you go to You Tube, try searching "yin yoga." My husband swears by it for getting to sleep and staying asleep.

I struggle falling asleep, too. It's the worst. It's like my brain never gets calm.
That's exactly it...my brain just won't shut down for the night. I think about things that happened during the day, or something that's happening the next day, or worrying about something going on with one of the kids...usually with my son. And it just races and won't slow down!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
She makes me roll my eyes SO HARD. I feel like she has the carefully-cultivated life for instagram photos. All the pouty poses at the camera and the carelessly tousled hair that probably took a ton of hair product to get it to look like that. My favorite is the plow pose in very brief booty shorts. LOL
My thoughts exactly. :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 7 miles done and I'm going group walking as soon as the bus leaves.:joyfull: I just realized I still have more vac sealed blueberries than I thought in my chest freezer so guess what I'm having for breakfast. You guesses it a banana blueberry smoothie with flax seed and kale:hungry: Lunch will be an Orientalish salad with mandarin orange(I have half in the fridge that needs to get eaten) and dinner will be a tropical salad with a bit of leftover pineapple and a dressing with coconut oil instead of evoo:hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom