working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a small shank portion ham that was on sale for .89 cents per pound that I am going to put on the grill this evening with some cherry wood for smoke. Smoked ham is very good and this will give us something to eat on for several days. Wife will enjoy ham sandwiches and I will skip the bread and just have ham with...more ham.

You could have 2 slices of ham, and then put a third slice for the filling--and have a nice ham sandwich! :hilarious:

Actually, this discussion of ham and sandwiches brought me down memory lane a bit. Do you remember something called "Handwiches" or "Hamwiches" at the lower food court area of The Land pavillion -- about 15-20 years ago, or perhaps even before that)? This was well before Soarin came in--back when it was far more relaxing down there and more seating as well. I just looked on Google for about 20 minutes and couldn't find anything--but I know they had them. It was a play on words that you could hold them in your hands and there was ham, cheese, etc. in them. I used to love those. :hungry:

epcotisbest

You could have 2 slices of ham, and then put a third slice for the filling--and have a nice ham sandwich! :hilarious:

Actually, this discussion of ham and sandwiches brought me down memory lane a bit. Do you remember something called "Handwiches" or "Hamwiches" at the lower food court area of The Land pavillion -- about 15-20 years ago, or perhaps even before that)? This was well before Soarin came in--back when it was far more relaxing down there and more seating as well. I just looked on Google for about 20 minutes and couldn't find anything--but I know they had them. It was a play on words that you could hold them in your hands and there was ham, cheese, etc. in them. I used to love those. :hungry:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Goofyernmost

So they have changed our winter storm watch to a winter storm warning and are now saying a possibility of four to six inches of snow starting tomorrow evening. Could be interesting. I personally like snow if it comes and goes quickly. If it lingers and turns to mush and refreezes that is a different story. Have to take my wife to the airport early Monday morning, so I really hope whatever we get is gone by then. Hate driving to the airport in good weather, really hate it on mushy roads.
Where do you live? You are getting the same weather warnings that I am, but, not until tomorrow night. Same with you?

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry to hear that! How bad will things be screwed up if you get 6 inches? and do you even own a snow shovel?
Snow shovels... we don't need no stinking snow shovels. We let nature do the clean up. Sometimes nature gets lazy and doesn't get around to it right away. The first year I was here we got two inches of snow and the schools were shut down for the entire week.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning and good luck to those in the storm warning area. I hope you have some easy heathy food stocked up. I changed things up a bit because it's too cold and windy to be able to do more than a mile at a time so I did LS's 5 fat burning miles and will do day 6 of yoga revolution as soon as I kick everybody out in a bit. I'm cleaning out the fridge tonight so I'm going to take some red beans, onions, mushrooms, peppers, garlic and spices to make a taco filling. My dh said to get extra lettuce so he could eat more salad this week, of course that didn't happen:rolleyes: so I have enough lettuce and tomatoes to top all the tacos. I'll get the stuff into him one way or another:D Be safe everybody

Sans Souci

Hello-

I worked out yesterday, I just got busy and forgot to check in! I did two more new workouts, they were meh. It was a lot of planks, push ups and leg lifts while is downward facing dog. I think my wrists are a little angry with me today because of it. LOL Oh, and my tail bone was sore in some of the moves where you balance on your backside. That's from my little spill on Wednesday. :rolleyes:

The snow here was kind of a non-event. It looks like less than an inch. I live on a busy-ish street and it looks like smooth driving.

My sinuses are driving me crazy since I have moved here. I have been feeling blah and keeping my workouts at about 45 minutes because of it. I think I might try for a longer workout today.

Sans Souci

Well that wasn't good! My DH took a spill in the Walmart parking lot last week ( shh don't tell him I told you) right behind me. Almost tripped me up too! He was all right. He wasn't looking where he was going and tripped over his two left feet. It's funny now but I was worried that he could have been badly hurt.

Aw, poor guy. When it happens in public, there's the extra layer of public humiliation. I was so relieved I was alone when this happened.

Sans Souci

I remember eating one at the food court at CBR. This was 1989. I was 15 at the time and I thought they were the coolest thing.

epcotisbest

Hello-

I worked out yesterday, I just got busy and forgot to check in! I did two more new workouts, they were meh. It was a lot of planks, push ups and leg lifts while is downward facing dog. I think my wrists are a little angry with me today because of it. LOL Oh, and my tail bone was sore in some of the moves where you balance on your backside. That's from my little spill on Wednesday. :rolleyes:

The snow here was kind of a non-event. It looks like less than an inch. I live on a busy-ish street and it looks like smooth driving.

My sinuses are driving me crazy since I have moved here. I have been feeling blah and keeping my workouts at about 45 minutes because of it. I think I might try for a longer workout today.

I admire you dedicated people who do these workouts and stick with them. I am afraid I have a short attention span and would not stick with it long. I think I might do OK with group sessions and that might be fun, but not sure I would stick with that either. We did the group aqua aerobics while on vacation and that was fun, but when I tried the zoomba thing I could not even come close to keeping up. Pretty sure if it was just me and a video, I would switch it to the news or old Andy Griffith Show reruns after just a few minutes. Andy Griffith Show...our favorite.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

Be careful with your wrists and tail bone. 3 legged dog sometimes gets my wrists:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom