working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I am in with a Legs Circuit. I am hope I am not too sore tomorrow, because this one was grueling. LOL

My son's school district had school today. I think because they had two days off last week for Rosh Hashanah and this Wed. for Yom Kippur, they opt out of Columbus Day. My husband had the day off though.

I have been getting my house ready because Tiggerish and AlissaFalco are coming down to spend the day with me in Philly. I am excited about that and I have been looking forward to it. It'll be like a Mini-Magic Meet Up. :)
Have lots of fun!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 5LS miles and I'll get my yoga done when everybody gets the heck out of my house. I love them, glad they were all off yesterday but it's time to get the heck out I have to chop and freeze yesterday's haul and get out walking. With the sun coming up later and the cooler weather coming in we're now just one bigger group:(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have been getting my house ready because Tiggerish and AlissaFalco are coming down to spend the day with me in Philly. I am excited about that and I have been looking forward to it. It'll be like a Mini-Magic Meet Up

That sounds like fun!! I hope all of you have a great time; and with three nice forum members, there will be no end of WDW topics to discuss!! :)

StarWarsGirl

So I had decided that I was not going to step on my scale at all, but the past several times I have put on my workout clothes, I've noticed my workout shirts, which I bought about a month ago, were loose (minus the one that I accidentally bought one size down later on, which fits more snuggly). I was very curious, so I stepped on my scale (the last time I weighed myself was about a month ago)

Ten pounds gone! Woohoo!:joyfull:

Hopefully I can keep it up. We'll see when I check again next month (maybe...:cautious:)

epcotisbest

So I had decided that I was not going to step on my scale at all, but the past several times I have put on my workout clothes, I've noticed my workout shirts, which I bought about a month ago, were loose (minus the one that I accidentally bought one size down later on, which fits more snuggly). I was very curious, so I stepped on my scale (the last time I weighed myself was about a month ago)

Hopefully I can keep it up. We'll see when I check again next month (maybe...:cautious:)

Congratulations...way to go. I don't weigh very often either...maybe every three months.

Sans Souci

Well done! Keep doing what you're doing, it's obviously working very well for you. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

Woo Hoo and congrats just remember how your clothes fit is a bigger indicator than weight. So a big congrats on both!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning! It's a big cooking day for me eggplant casserole, meatless loaf, butternut squash soup and some low carb blueberry bread. If the oven is going on it's going to be full LOL I started my day with JM's ripped in 30 and I'd like to rip er um never mind:oops: so some nice peaceful day 14 Hatha yoga seemed in order, then I kicked everybody out and did a strength practice then out with the group of freezing walkers. time to warm up the house by cooking:) @93boomer when's your dh going to get home, I hope it's soon.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! It's a big cooking day for me eggplant casserole, meatless loaf, butternut squash soup and some low carb blueberry bread. If the oven is going on it's going to be full LOL I started my day with JM's ripped in 30 and I'd like to rip er um never mind:oops: so some nice peaceful day 14 Hatha yoga seemed in order, then I kicked everybody out and did a strength practice then out with the group of freezing walkers. time to warm up the house by cooking:) @93boomer when's your dh going to get home, I hope it's soon.
Morning Figgy! I love butternut squash soup!! Save me some please :) I will be going out to paint once it gets warmer. Have no idea when he will return but keeping fingers crossed it is by end of the week. Even my cat is starting to get meowy and pacing the floors. She misses him. This is the longest he has ever been gone in one storm. Thanks for the kind thoughts!!;)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Hi, everyone. Back from my extensive travels...two Disney cruises in a 3-week period. I am so spoiled.

@figmentfan423 I agree, Jillian Michaels is evil. Good for you for continuing to do her workouts. 30 Day Shred was one and done for me!

@MinnieM123, congrats!! And I know where those 5 lbs are--I found them. :cautious: Courtesy of the 2 DCL trips in 3 weeks. Even though I followed the stair rule! (no elevators, stairs between all decks)

Hello-

I am in with Body Combat. I haven't done this type of work out since July, so I might be sore tomorrow. LOL

As I was working out, I saw this insect flying around and I thought it was a bee. I landed in the corner of the room. It was a stink bug. Oh my gosh, you guys, you never said these things could fly. They smell bad and they fly? What? Seriously? :eek:

And when they fly, they are LOUD. One evening I was eating dinner by myself, minding my business and a buzzsaw passed my right ear. Screamed bloody murder, then spotted the stinkbug on the wall.

So, I have another stink bug story. I settled into my comfy bed and I felt something on my ankle. I was semi conscious and decided to chalk it up to the sheet and blanket. My husband was in bed on his laptop and I drifted off. I heard my husband get out of bed to prepare for bed. I was sleeping on my rt side and I feel something moving around at the knee. I reach down, feel something, pick it up and throw it across the room. After I did that, there was this weird odor. I was groggy and I was trying to make sense of this situation. I thought maybe my husband's laptop was over heating and it dawns on me that I have handled a stink bug. LOL

I was a bit disgusted that this bug I'd handled released bug fluid on me. I made my husband get out of the bathroom so I could wash my hands. He was confused.LOL So, I washed my hands and tried to go back to sleep, but kept thinking I was teeming with insects. My husband caught him on one of my pillows. I swear, I could smell it's stinkiness every now and again, too. I eventually did go back to sleep.

I am trying to figure out how it got into a made bed? I did have a window open in my bed room yesterday. I have screens, but I wonder if there is a gap small enough between the screen and the casing for stink bug to exploit. It had to climb into a made bed, too. *shivers*

It did kind of smell like cilantro, though.

I've always wondered what they'd smell like. I don't mind cilantro, but I'm not about to go crushing a stinkbug, so thanks for the research! ;) I would totally freak out if one was on me. Heck, I freaked out when one flew too close to my head. You're braver than me. :)

Yeah, I was totally unprepared for the smell. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I am not in hurry to smell again. It was like burning plastic mixed with cilantro. I was mostly grossed out by a bug crawling up my leg while I was asleep. I was just itchy all night and I could still feel its little foot prints on my leg. The power of suggestion is strong. LOL

Oh, I am so susceptible to the power of suggestion--ever ride Alien Encounter at MK? I was traumatized. I would have been awake all night thinking there were bugs on me.

With the Naan bread, do you serve regular hummus (I buy a brand called Joseph's--not sure if it's down in your area). It's just the plain, traditional hummus and it's delish. But, aside of hummus, what do you serve with the Naan bread? From photos I've seen of Sanaa, it looks like there's a bunch of dipping sauces--do you do all that, or just have the hummus?

I had the Sanaa bread service for the first time last month, during our girls cruise. It was great. There were 9 spreads, ranging from sweet to mild to savory to spicy. Details are a little fuzzy after 3 1/2 weeks, but there were 2 hummuses, several chutneys, and a couple of sauces

I often cook for one or two. On the weekends, I cook for both hubby and me, but during the week, I make my own dinner (but it's not fancy--many times it's crackers and hummus, or a sandwich, etc.)

Maybe the problem you're having is that you're making recipes that feed many more people. Perhaps you could cut the ingredients in half (that's what I do if it's just for hubs and me, if it's a recipe for 4 people). Comes out fine. I think you're just used to cooking larger recipes. I wouldn't want to eat the same thing for 4 days either.

Aside of all that, I eat lunch in the cafeteria each day during the work week, and often get whatever hot meal they're cooking, So when I got home from work, I don't want a big dinner. During the week, hubby eats earlier than I do anyway, and he likes to cook some different types of meals for himself.

Dividing recipes is what the math teacher means when they tell you that you will someday use fractions in real life. ;) :joyfull:

I've mastered cooking for one, for the nights that my hubby works late, and cooking for 3-4 on the nights that he's home for dinner, so that he can make at least one dish that he can take to heat up in the microwave at work so he has a hot meal.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi, everyone. Back from my extensive travels...two Disney cruises in a 3-week period. I am so spoiled.

@figmentfan423 I agree, Jillian Michaels is evil. Good for you for continuing to do her workouts. 30 Day Shred was one and done for me!

@MinnieM123, congrats!! And I know where those 5 lbs are--I found them. :cautious: Courtesy of the 2 DCL trips in 3 weeks. Even though I followed the stair rule! (no elevators, stairs between all decks)

And when they fly, they are LOUD. One evening I was eating dinner by myself, minding my business and a buzzsaw passed my right ear. Screamed bloody murder, then spotted the stinkbug on the wall.

I've always wondered what they'd smell like. I don't mind cilantro, but I'm not about to go crushing a stinkbug, so thanks for the research! ;) I would totally freak out if one was on me. Heck, I freaked out when one flew too close to my head. You're braver than me. :)

Oh, I am so susceptible to the power of suggestion--ever ride Alien Encounter at MK? I was traumatized. I would have been awake all night thinking there were bugs on me.

I had the Sanaa bread service for the first time last month, during our girls cruise. It was great. There were 9 spreads, ranging from sweet to mild to savory to spicy. Details are a little fuzzy after 3 1/2 weeks, but there were 2 hummuses, several chutneys, and a couple of sauces

Dividing recipes is what the math teacher means when they tell you that you will someday use fractions in real life. ;) :joyfull:

I've mastered cooking for one, for the nights that my hubby works late, and cooking for 3-4 on the nights that he's home for dinner, so that he can make at least one dish that he can take to heat up in the microwave at work so he has a hot meal.

Welcome back! :) By the way, I got a chuckle out of your cooking regimen--similar to mine. When I cook on the weekend for hubby and me, I always make sure I cook extra, so that he can nuke up a few meals for himself during the week. That's what we considerate wives are for! :joyfull:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
So, normally when I cruise, I get up and do a lot of laps (couple miles) on the promenade deck to start the day, mostly after hitting the gym on board. That happened on neither of my two recent trips. On the girls trip, I was sick at the start of the trip--either new fall allergies, or picked up something on the plane on the way down. I wasn't at 100% until the end of the cruise.

On last week's cruise to Canada with my sweetie, I just focused on us instead of taking time for me, so I didn't get up early and leave him sleeping to go do laps. Which was fine, because last week was the first time in two years I was able to give my full attention to my wonderful husband. From July 2014 to July 2015, I was seeing my brother through his cancer treatment, which meant going to all his doctor appointments, taking him to his chemo and radiation treatments, and spending time with him when he was in the hospital. Hubby and I even cancelled our annual anniversary trip to WDW in May 2015 because my brother was hospitalized (it sounds terrible, but I really wanted to go on that trip, I was tired from caregiving and needed the break--as hubs pointed out though, we would have literally been up all night packing in order to be ready for the trip). Since my brother passed away in July 2015, I've been administering his estate (he didn't make a will, so it's that much harder) and have two elderly parents to look after all by myself. And because they (a) are not together and (b) lost one of their 2 children, they are pretty needy. As my hubs said over dinner at Palo, even when I'm home, I'm not completely there, because I'm usually on the phone with one parent or the other. We had a fantastic trip, and it was really important for our marriage to have that time to reconnect.

That said, I'm upset that I've fallen to the background again. I need to find the motivation to MOVE. I don't want to buy new pants. I don't like having a muffin top. My eating is not a problem, the lack of exercise is. ARGH.

Thanks for listening. :)

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Tonight's dinner: Zesty Lemon Shrimp & Pasta

image.jpeg

You can find the recipe on the Land O Lakes website, but I'll save you the trouble. :) The recipe could probably be made with olive oil instead of butter, but the butter and lemon juice combine to make a nice sauce.

Makes 4 servings

6 oz uncooked penne pasta
2 tbsp. butter
1 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1/2 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp fresh lemon zest
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh parsley
S&P to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain

While pasta cooking, melt butter in a 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add red pepper strips and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peppers are crisply tender (2-3 minutes)

Add shrimp and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink (1-2 minutes). Add cooked pasta and lemon zest; toss lightly.

Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired. Season to taste with salt & pepper.

Nutrition Facts: Calories 240 (I'll be honest, I think this recipe really makes a meal for 2, not 4--I think a 1/4 lb of shrimp is a single serving, and 480 calories is reasonable for dinner)
Cholesterol 45mg, Carbs 35g, Protein 10g, Fat 7g, Sodium 200mg, Dietary Fiber 2g.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

Welcome back! and the bread service is so yummy!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning Ms Evil paid another visit to my house this morning, one of her old kickboxing workouts. Yea I'm glad that's over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is 1/2 hour half moon yoga and then heading out with the group. Some people have already drifted inside due to the cooler weather setting in:( and our snowbirds heading south for the winter:( On a much happier note no cooking for me today:joyfull: Sorry @93boomer my dh is taking the last of the soup for lunch, but seeing I still have a shopping bag full I'll most likely make another pot soon:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, normally when I cruise, I get up and do a lot of laps (couple miles) on the promenade deck to start the day, mostly after hitting the gym on board. That happened on neither of my two recent trips. On the girls trip, I was sick at the start of the trip--either new fall allergies, or picked up something on the plane on the way down. I wasn't at 100% until the end of the cruise.

On last week's cruise to Canada with my sweetie, I just focused on us instead of taking time for me, so I didn't get up early and leave him sleeping to go do laps. Which was fine, because last week was the first time in two years I was able to give my full attention to my wonderful husband. From July 2014 to July 2015, I was seeing my brother through his cancer treatment, which meant going to all his doctor appointments, taking him to his chemo and radiation treatments, and spending time with him when he was in the hospital. Hubby and I even cancelled our annual anniversary trip to WDW in May 2015 because my brother was hospitalized (it sounds terrible, but I really wanted to go on that trip, I was tired from caregiving and needed the break--as hubs pointed out though, we would have literally been up all night packing in order to be ready for the trip). Since my brother passed away in July 2015, I've been administering his estate (he didn't make a will, so it's that much harder) and have two elderly parents to look after all by myself. And because they (a) are not together and (b) lost one of their 2 children, they are pretty needy. As my hubs said over dinner at Palo, even when I'm home, I'm not completely there, because I'm usually on the phone with one parent or the other. We had a fantastic trip, and it was really important for our marriage to have that time to reconnect.

That said, I'm upset that I've fallen to the background again. I need to find the motivation to MOVE. I don't want to buy new pants. I don't like having a muffin top. My eating is not a problem, the lack of exercise is. ARGH.

Thanks for listening. :)

Just read the above, and you certainly had to cope with a lot the past few years. No wonder you may have gained a few pounds--it's more than understandable. People do what they have to do, to cope with high stress situations like that. Anyway, I'm so glad that you and your hubs could finally get away, relax, and enjoy each other and the vacation. Now that you're home, just take things a day at a time, and everything will eventually get better.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning Ms Evil paid another visit to my house this morning, one of her old kickboxing workouts. Yea I'm glad that's over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is 1/2 hour half moon yoga and then heading out with the group. Some people have already drifted inside due to the cooler weather setting in:( and our snowbirds heading south for the winter:( On a much happier note no cooking for me today:joyfull: Sorry @93boomer my dh is taking the last of the soup for lunch, but seeing I still have a shopping bag full I'll most likely make another pot soon:joyfull:
That's ok! :) I can make some next week. Have a good evening!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom