working out for Disney

Figgy1

Original Poster
nope not a wind up.might get the tree out next month
I like the way you think. My dh says it's too early for my ghosties for Halloween, my response if it's good enough for Disney it's good enough for me. I do my official fall to winter decorating the day after Thanksgiving. The Christmas stuff comes down around the 6th of January and my snowpeople stay out until it's time to bring out the spring stuff.

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning my friends. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY up here, I bearly had time to work out let alone log in.:eek: But I did manage to get a nice yoga practice in to get going then....First off Saturday was crazy busy I went to the health food store, checked out a different farmer's marker ( not as big or as good priced as my usual one but I did get some lovely apples) then on to 2 different supermarkets. I'm cheap and saved far more than the pittance of petrol used to get to both of them.(they are only about 1/2 mile or so apart) So after getting home and getting the food away it was time to feed my troops lunch. Then right back out the door up the road in the opposite direction from the food stores. (planned my day to use the least petrol saved money and the planet at the same time) All I did was try and find a sweater. What a waste of time. I can't believe with the change of seasons, the stores are still stocked with shorts and sheer tops. One sales person said the girls are wearing them to school all year round now.:rolleyes::eek: I had a good laugh because I know my district enforces the dress code. I found this out when my neighbors daughter after wearing questionable clothing for a few days in a row was made to wear the least fashionable baggy pair of baggy sweat pants and baggy sweatshirt you could imagine, or not be allowed back to class. After public humiliation she learned to behave (I love our local schools ) Guess I'm going to be wearing a heavier coat for the next few weeks until they come in .LOL I have no winter tops that aren't too baggy, that's a good thing but............ Yesterday was filled with a Bollywood Booty dance workout followed by a day of cooking. Veggie burgers, apple berry pies (sugar free) some items for the boys to graze off of during the week. Today will be a day of what ever comes my way. I did 5 miles with weights mile one, run and walk mile 2, used a belt with stretch bands mile 3, very fast mile 4, and mile 5 was very fast and stretch band use. I'm going to go for my walk after the boys leave and I'm going to do a slow flow yoga practice to destress after the weekend. I hope today finds all of you well and at peace. xoxo

Last edited:

Figgy1

Original Poster
Oops, almost forgot to log in today's menu, I had a cup of 1/2 caf coffee and now I'm having a cup of herbal tea (it's cool up here), in a bit I'm going to have a cleansing green smoothie, lunch will be a salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and nasturtiums from my garden, dinner hmmmm I'm thinking something with onion, mushrooms and cabbage with Indian spices and something apple for dessert. I guess with everything going on up here my mind is a bit more scattered than usual. Keep moving forward.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hey everybody!! Finally back on here! Hope you had a great weekend!!
We went to visit our DD for her 28th bday!! Can't believe she's that old! Or that I am that old!! LOL We had a good lunch and I ate my first California rolls! OMG they are good! Who knew??!! She loves sushi so we went to a place she loves. I got a bento box with all these delicious foods. I have been drooling since then:hungry:
Today I went for my recheck on my shoulder! Good news! I finish up my PT in a couple of weeks and I am outa there! Just have to continue with my home workout for six weeks!:) Yayyy!! guess I will be bringing my weights to Disney on vacation. :p
Walking and another workout for my arm this afternoon. Breakfast was yogurt and granola. Cup of hibiscus tea.
Lunch was brown rice, black beans and 2 spoons of salsa. Dinner is chicken piccata, steamed broccoli, and sweet potato purée. Apple crisp for dessert. Found a healthy version and it is yummy!!
Take care and keep movin'!! :D

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We went to visit our DD for her 28th bday!! Can't believe she's that old! Or that I am that old!! LOL We had a good lunch and I ate my first California rolls! OMG they are good! Who knew??!! She loves sushi so we went to a place she loves. I got a bento box with all these delicious foods. I have been drooling since then:hungry:
Today I went for my recheck on my shoulder! Good news! I finish up my PT in a couple of weeks and I am outa there! Just have to continue with my home workout for six weeks!:) Yayyy!! guess I will be bringing my weights to Disney on vacation. :p
Walking and another workout for my arm this afternoon. Breakfast was yogurt and granola. Cup of hibiscus tea.
Lunch was brown rice, black beans and 2 spoons of salsa. Dinner is chicken piccata, steamed broccoli, and sweet potato purée. Apple crisp for dessert. Found a healthy version and it is yummy!!

Congrats all round

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
Olga and Dimitri are arguing about the weather.
She says " It's snowing today dear"
He says "no thats rain my sweetness"
They continue arguing like this for a good twenty minutes until their comunist leader walks past
He says "rain"
Dimitri agrees and says " it must be rain as Rudolph The Red knows Rain dear "

Thank you , Thank you very much . Don't forget to tip your waiter :joyfull:

real mad hatter

All this talk of Xmas..Phew..Only last week I was out walking in the glorious sunshine..Now my wall basket flowers have died..:(..Leaves are lying everywhere on the ground in my back yad..:rolleyes:..And it's Baltic.:oops:...So I'am afraid the only exercise I will get is my housework ( Yes my dears..Mr Hatter is Mrs Doubtfire in disguise ) :facepalm:..and maybe a brisk,and I mean brisk,walk along the shore..Keep moving...Keep dancing..But most important..Keep warm...:joyfull:..

real mad hatter

Olga and Dimitri are arguing about the weather.
She says " It's snowing today dear"
He says "no thats rain my sweetness"
They continue arguing like this for a good twenty minutes until their comunist leader walks past
He says "rain"
Dimitri agrees and says " it must be rain as Rudolph The Red knows Rain dear "

Thank you , Thank you very much . Don't forget to tip your waiter :joyfull:
:oops:....Phew.....Are you popping those Xmas crackers already for that joke..:joyfull:

Figgy1

Original Poster
Yea!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Welcome to my world, I always bring my weights and squeeze in a couple of workouts there! LOL It's not that hard, ok it can disrupt your original plans a little. I just get up a bit early to squeeze them in. xoxo

Figgy1

Original Poster
.But most important..Keep warm...:joyfull:..
I'm trying, I'm really trying this am to stay snug as a bug, but it's flipping freezing. ok not quite freezing it's 37 and dropping slowly. My plants are covered and it looks like I'll avoid a frost for now. Hopefully if my plants make it past tonight 27 hrs from now they should hold on for 2 more weeks according tour long range forecast. I really hope so as I like having fresh organic veggies from my garden they always taste better than the commercial stuff. Well that is except for carrots, for some reason, (probably related to my rocky soil) the organic carrots from the store always seem to be better than mine and they are cheap so I don't even bother planting them any more.

Figgy1

Original Poster
A good but frigid morning to all my friends here. At least @real mad hatter is nice and toasty as I'm quite sure he filled himself up with plenty of antifreeze last night. lol I'm sitting here with a hot cup of tea trying to get warm, if 5 indoor miles didn't do it , it just might be time to put on some heat. I must be hanging out with dear sweet uncle Hatter way too much as every time I go to turn on the heat a little voice in the back of my head with quite a brogue says do ya know how much that is going to cost you dearie. I'll be bundled up when the sun comes out and going for my walk, as then will probably be the only time I get to myself today. I have James home he has a little rash, it doesn't look bad, but he's going to the doc today. Seeing he's going I also got an appointment for Michael for a physical while I'm there. 2 birds with one stone. Lots of hot tea this am, I'm trying to warm up. buckwheat hot cereal with apple and berries for breakfast, I'll be packing a salad for the road and dinner will either be leftover pasta with marinara, beans , zuke and carrots or if I have time to cook roasted veggies. Have a magical day and keep moving forward.

Figgy1

Original Poster
Just celebrating!!! I was going to give away all my baggy sweat pants and shirts, but I just realized I can layer them at least 3 layers on me. So I'll be nice and warm and won't have to turn the heat up quite as much. Yay! Another way to save money and the planet at the same time.

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
Just celebrating!!! I was going to give away all my baggy sweat pants and shirts, but I just realized I can layer them at least 3 layers on me. So I'll be nice and warm and won't have to turn the heat up quite as much. Yay! Another way to save money and the planet at the same time.
Forget the fact that 3 layers in you start to look like the Michelin man (and then find you have your keys in the inner layer pocket)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom