working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Well that kind of stinks, but at least Kendall and the other girls can bond with their irritation over the other girl.

She's just very "different" for lack of a better term. There have been complaints on everything from her being intentionally unclean (including personal hygiene) because it never mattered at home. Even when they go out of their way to say hi to her if they see her in passing, she just looks at them and nothing more. So, I think it's just going to be a matter of coexisting.

HouCuseChickie

Sounds busy!! I've been working way more than my contract is for, too. I'm supposed to be doing 20 hours a week, and it's flexible..like one week I could work 30 hours and another week 10, but we have one person out on medical leave, so we all have to cover her hours between us, and I've been working 32 hours a week for several weeks. We did get permission to hire someone at least temporarily so we can use time off to work off some of the extra hours we've been building up, but we have to find someone and then get them trained before that happens, so I'm still scheduled for 32 hours a week for now. Between that and all the household chores being on me, not much is getting done around the house.

That's so strange about K being rejected for absentee voting!! What did they change? I got my absentee ballot a couple of weeks ago, but it's so daunting. Like, the presidential election is easy, but there are all kinds of local offices and things that you know nothing about any of the candidates. Like it asks if a specific justice should retain their office, but I can't find anything about their voting records or their stances on issues. How do I know whether I think they are doing a good job if I can't find anything about what they've done in their capacity as elected officials? There was one website....votesmart or something, where you can type in a politician's name, and it will give you their bio and their voting record, etc, IF they've filled it in. But I think a lot of Wyoming politicians don't consider it worth their time to fill it in, and I think most people probably vote along party lines rather than voting based on specific issues. I know when I was in high school, I had no idea which stances were leaning left or right. I knew what my mom voted, but not why. It wasn't until I moved here that I got more interested in the issues and actually learned what different parties stand for and what the arguments for and against certain issues were. But living over here, I'm obviously not getting news about candidates for the school board or about Wyoming legislative representatives. It makes it hard to make an informed choice!!

How's Voodoo now? I hope she's ok! Did she get attacked by an animal or something?

Our norm is 37.5 a week but I put in a little over 50 last week. I try to do work around the house, but I am so tired that it's the bare minimum...like dishes and maybe remembering to run the robot vacuum to get all of Voo's furry tumbleweeds. David was home by himself over the weekend, so he did some, but still focused more on the yard.

When I put everything together, it looked like we were going to have to mail in all of the paperwork. Then we found something on the website that absentee applications could be accepted in some counties by email or fax. We confirmed that our county was one of those counties. It made no mention of any conditions with submitting in this manner, but after the rejection, it now says that they must receive a physical application by mail within 4 days of receiving the email or fax in order for the application to be formally reviewed. What is the point of saying you accept the applications by mail or fax if it also has to come in by mail? Honestly, it's even a challenge knowing what people stand for if you're over here. Even voting records are unreliable because they tack so much onto some bills that you need to know why. Like maybe it included something everyone wants, but took away funding from something else that we want even more. It's so convoluted that it's hard to ever really know.

No...the filters won't allow me to use the specific words for her issues, but a particular gland on her posterior was abscessed. The blood was tied to the fluid buildup and infection related drainage. Of course, we didn't know at the time and it's scary whenever there's bleeding and swelling for some unknown reason.

HouCuseChickie

I thought you might have been slightly less busy with K at school! I guess not. :(

Wow, I admire you for bringing K and her roommate back to vote in early voting. I'd be curious to know if the first names of these people whose applications for absentee voting are being rejected are female. Even if it is not, it still sounds like it could possibly be voter suppression. You could always report it to the DoJ's civil rights section, if you suspect that is the issue. Young people are often a target of voter suppression.

I hope Voodoo is on the mend soon. I have seen a cone of shame that was actually a daisy of shame. It was cute. lol

I bought that LSS bag so long ago. I like it for trips where I just want to carry the basics and not have one shoulder taking all the weight. It's good for touring around cities when all you need to carry is a wallet and phone. It's great for WDW, of course.

I bring some of this on myself. In hindsight, I regret going to get K this weekend. We had some good times together, but she was mainly cranky. I hate to say it, but I felt kind of used. Like she was just there so I would buy her food and take her to Target before dropping her off at her dorm. On top of that, she was sick. I think some may be tied to gunk in the dorm air ducts...because she sounded much better yesterday. Still, she could have told us.

For ours, it was tied to rules that were not initially communicated on the website. I'm not sure if these rules were just added or if they were brought down for a bit. Either way, this whole sending the physical absentee app by mail to be delivered within 4 days of any email or fax definitely wasn't communicated on the state's and county's resources when I was assembling everything to help get this done. I suspect it might not just be females but young people in general. I really don't feel like driving up there to do this, but I'm tired of these games they're playing with people's rights to vote.

She seems to be doing pretty well now. Just her normal allergy issues. The cone was impeding her ability to do normal things and I had a hard time getting it on and off, so I replaced it with an inflatable. I thought about getting a cute one, but the solid blue was the cheapest.

I want to say they came out sometime between 2012-2013. I remember buying a couple early on (while still on the LSS website), loving them, but using them as a reason not to buy anything from the Paris Disney Dooney retro collection. I still kind of regret not buying the rounded crossbody from that one, but I think the LSS is a sturdier and more functional bag. That particular bag is a good smaller bag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom