working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I FINALLY got out for a walk today. It wasn't raining, I didn't get called in to work extra hours, and I had nothing else I HAD to do. So I went for a nice long walk, and I got to pet a really good doggo who was doing a great job protecting his home and family. He escaped his yard to come check me out, then after sniffing me, he let me give him scritches and he just wagged his tail and ran circles around my legs. His owner came around the corner apologizing and telling me to be careful because he's very strong and pushy. 🤣 But he was just a sweetheart and wanted to come say hi and make sure I wasn't a threat. I often see dogs on my walks, but they are usually on leashes and I don't dare to ask if I can pet them, so I was very excited to get to give this one some love. It was a really good walk!

Aw. I love when friendly dogs come up to me on my walks. I miss having one and being able to pet one scratches that itch.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a leg and glute workout today. I haven't worked out in 10 days, so I went a little light with the weights, but I think I might be sore tomorrow anyway.

We got back last night. I had a great time, but the problem was me. lol. I had vertigo until Thursday, which killed my appetite and my back was messed up for two days after our flight to Phoenix. I am not someone who has chronic back pain. I am never flying on a 737 Max 8 again. There is barely any padding on the seats. The angle of the seat feels like it's nearly 90* and it put so much pressure on my tailbone. It would be tolerable for 2-2.5 hour flight, but not 5. The people in the back looked miserable and most people who had aisle seats had their feet in the aisle. I think the vertigo came from the flight, too. I just had to be careful when I moved my head. But I did have a really relaxing and restorative vacation, nonetheless. 😂 We rented a cabana one day as a splurge for our 25th anniversary and we went to afternoon tea at a different resort. I always cross check my vacations now. I booked this as a package through Costco Travel and we got such a great deal--$100/day resort credit, a full size car and an upgraded room. The room itself was about 40% cheaper than going directly through Marriott, and definitely cheaper than AAA discount. I've belonged to Costco for 18 years and I only started looking at their travel department last year.

IMG_3377.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I did a leg and glute workout today. I haven't worked out in 10 days, so I went a little light with the weights, but I think I might be sore tomorrow anyway.

We got back last night. I had a great time, but the problem was me. lol. I had vertigo until Thursday, which killed my appetite and my back was messed up for two days after our flight to Phoenix. I am not someone who has chronic back pain. I am never flying on a 737 Max 8 again. There is barely any padding on the seats. The angle of the seat feels like it's nearly 90* and it put so much pressure on my tailbone. It would be tolerable for 2-2.5 hour flight, but not 5. The people in the back looked miserable and most people who had aisle seats had their feet in the aisle. I think the vertigo came from the flight, too. I just had to be careful when I moved my head. But I did have a really relaxing and restorative vacation, nonetheless. 😂 We rented a cabana one day as a splurge for our 25th anniversary and we went to afternoon tea at a different resort. I always cross check my vacations now. I booked this as a package through Costco Travel and we got such a great deal--$100/day resort credit, a full size car and an upgraded room. The room itself was about 40% cheaper than going directly through Marriott, and definitely cheaper than AAA discount. I've belonged to Costco for 18 years and I only started looking at their travel department last year.

View attachment 815764
Sorry to hear about some of the unexpected difficulties you had during your trip. (Vertigo for a few days is a challenge, as well as your back issues.) Aside of that, I'm glad you still were able to have some enjoyable time, so that was positive.

Sans Souci

Sorry to hear about some of the unexpected difficulties you had during your trip. (Vertigo for a few days is a challenge, as well as your back issues.) Aside of that, I'm glad you still were able to have some enjoyable time, so that was positive.

It was a fantastic time, I just felt a little guilty for not working out. 😂 I had to remind myself even your body needs a rest and reset periodically.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I started a YouTube program today. I'll see how long I last before I get bored. It was a leg workout. It was humbling to have to go down in weights when it seems like I wasn't gone that long. 😂 I could tell half-way through the workout I was going to be in trouble tomorrow. 😵I am already sore, but I went for a walk and I am going to foam roll later. I am hoping to mitigate some of the soreness.

I am making a healthy dinner of sheet pan chicken breast fajitas tonight. I didn't even eat that much last week with my vertigo and the triple digit heat, but I did enjoy a few poolside drinks over the course of a week. 🍹I'm just getting back on track this week.

Lilofan

Hello-

I started a YouTube program today. I'll see how long I last before I get bored. It was a leg workout. It was humbling to have to go down in weights when it seems like I wasn't gone that long. 😂 I could tell half-way through the workout I was going to be in trouble tomorrow. 😵I am already sore, but I went for a walk and I am going to foam roll later. I am hoping to mitigate some of the soreness.

I am making a healthy dinner of sheet pan chicken breast fajitas tonight. I didn't even eat that much last week with my vertigo and the triple digit heat, but I did enjoy a few poolside drinks over the course of a week. 🍹I'm just getting back on track this week.

I'm a lap swimmer with good lung power but seeing this video with non stop movement with dumbbells is intense. The girl is in great shape.

Sans Souci

I'm a lap swimmer with good lung power but seeing this video with non stop movement with dumbbells is intense. The girl is in great shape.

Yeah, she's a beast. It's funny how she stumbled into making YouTube videos. She is a personal trainer and during the pandemic, she was making and uploading videos for her clients. Other people started using them and they gained traction. She started making all of these comprehensive 10 week programs with PDFs and uploading them daily. She eventually started an app that requires a paid subscription. So, good for her. 👏

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in with a shoulder workout (yesterday) and a workout today that was a mix of weights and cardio.

I haven't seen Callie in almost two weeks. She was here while I was gone. My son let her come in for her evening nap and he closed the screen door to stop mosquitoes from getting in. She woke up and went towards the door, so my son tried to head her off to open the door. He wasn't able to get to the screen before she did and she freaked out when she tried to walk out, but couldn't. We usually only do this when there are two people to prevent her from feeling trapped. I hope she's ok; she's overdue for her dewormer and her flea and tick pill. I have to start her dewormer from the beginning now, since the eggs have probably become adults. I miss her purrs, head butts and biscuit-making. 😻

Sans Souci

Hello--

I did a lower body workout this morning. It was a bit spicy.

I still am getting vertigo doing stupid things. I look down at my watch and I get really dizzy. I got up from stretching on the floor, dizzy. I think there is a sinus infection brewing because my teeth hurt with pressure in my left ear and left eye. I don't have a fever, though. I am accompanying my husband on a work trip on Sunday, so I think I am going to contact my doctor and let him know what's going on. He can either write me a paper scrip to pick up (JIC) or just let him know he might need to call in a scrip at a nearby CVS for me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello--

I did a lower body workout this morning. It was a bit spicy.

I still am getting vertigo doing stupid things. I look down at my watch and I get really dizzy. I got up from stretching on the floor, dizzy. I think there is a sinus infection brewing because my teeth hurt with pressure in my left ear and left eye. I don't have a fever, though. I am accompanying my husband on a work trip on Sunday, so I think I am going to contact my doctor and let him know what's going on. He can either write me a paper scrip to pick up (JIC) or just let him know he might need to call in a scrip at a nearby CVS for me.
Yes, best to share your intermittent vertigo information with your dr. Just a side note, if you don't know this already -- there are two OTC meds (easy to get in CVS or other pharmacies), that work well if you're having an episode(s) of vertigo. One is Bonine and the other is Dramamine. I've used one or the other in the past, for the few times down through the years, that I've had vertigo. Neither is a cure, they're just helpful with the symptoms, until the vertigo either goes away on its own, or if you have a better method to deal with it, from your physician.

Sans Souci

Yes, best to share your intermittent vertigo information with your dr. Just a side note, if you don't know this already -- there are two OTC meds (easy to get in CVS or other pharmacies), that work well if you're having an episode(s) of vertigo. One is Bonine and the other is Dramamine. I've used one or the other in the past, for the few times down through the years, that I've had vertigo. Neither is a cure, they're just helpful with the symptoms, until the vertigo either goes away on its own, or if you have a better method to deal with it, from your physician.

I have been getting temporary relief from doing the epley (sp?) maneuver. I have to go to CVS today anyway, so I can pick up a box of one of those. It's not as bad as last week, though. I was at the pool on a recliner chair and when I stood up, everything was spinning and I lost balance. I was hoping the people around me didn't think I was over served. I wasn't, it was too hot too drink anything but water. lol

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in with a full body workout. Callie is back today. 🎉 She was a little shy with me at first, but at her second breakfast, she was like her old self. Now I have to figure out a another way to get her flea and tick meds and her dewormer into her belly. She is very clever and realized what the pill pockets are! lol

I am trying Jet Blue for the first time this weekend. I got an email about the snacks on board and I am already impressed. They have so many snacks. On American, I got one packet of Biscoff biscuits. I am not expecting more than that, but there were three other options for purchase-almonds, mini cool ranch Doritos and a cheese and fruit "plate." They only came around once during the five hour flight for drinks and didn't offer anything for purchase. I was hoping they'd come around again offering water, but they didn't. Did I mention it was a 5 hour flight to Phoenix, where it was 110 when we landed? lol I brought my own water with me, but I went though that. I always try to stay hydrated. I had a DVT in my third trimester when I was pregnant and my doctor told me to make sure I was hydrated to make my blood "less sticky", maintain a healthy weight and not be sedentary to avoid another DVT. It makes me laugh, American has this little blurb about DVT on their entertainment seat back card. It tells you to move around periodically and point and flex your ankles. If you try to move around, the FAs tell you to sit down. I am guessing this is merely a CYA move.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a kettle bell workout on Saturday. I did not workout today. I am at WDW, my husband has a conference at Coronado Springs until Wed and I decided to come down with him to get a little extra summer. We are staying at the Renaissance FKA The B Resort on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. It's ok, the gym is a bit tiny. I went to use the free weights this AM and there was a guy down there who made the tiny strength training area is territory. I walked to Disney Springs and did some window shopping and I came back. I had the entire pool to myself this afternoon. We went to MNSSHP last night. I was going to go to Epcot today and I saw the price for one day+tax and I noped out of the transaction. lol

My brother is coming up tomorrow and staying in the same hotel. I have not seen him in person in 9 years and I am looking forward to seeing him. ❤️

I got a lot of compliments from other guests and CMs last night. It was a nice, little lift, since I always struggle this time of year.
IMG_3439.jpeg

As I was getting on the ferry, the captain was making announcements while people were boarding, and he made a comment about my costume. He put on a French accent and made like French vocalizations. 😂 The party was fun, we ate way too much candy, went on a ton of rides but we didn't stay until the end. My husband had to be up early for his conference.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hello-

I did a kettle bell workout on Saturday. I did not workout today. I am at WDW, my husband has a conference at Coronado Springs until Wed and I decided to come down with him to get a little extra summer. We are staying at the Renaissance FKA The B Resort on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. It's ok, the gym is a bit tiny. I went to use the free weights this AM and there was a guy down there who made the tiny strength training area is territory. I walked to Disney Springs and did some window shopping and I came back. I had the entire pool to myself this afternoon. We went to MNSSHP last night. I was going to go to Epcot today and I saw the price for one day+tax and I noped out of the transaction. lol

My brother is coming up tomorrow and staying in the same hotel. I have not seen him in person in 9 years and I am looking forward to seeing him. ❤️

I got a lot of compliments from other guests and CMs last night. It was a nice, little lift, since I always struggle this time of year.
View attachment 817495

As I was getting on the ferry, the captain was making announcements while people were boarding, and he made a comment about my costume. He put on a French accent and made like French vocalizations. 😂 The party was fun, we ate way too much candy, went on a ton of rides but we didn't stay until the end. My husband had to be up early for his conference.

That is a clever costume! That is nice that you will be able to spend time with your brother, I hope you have fun together. I am a little sad that you aren't going to Epcot, but I understand that the cost of a day ticket is $$.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

View attachment 817495

What a fun costume! Glad that others took notice and cheered you up. :)

Lilofan

Hello-

View attachment 817495

You look great! A hurricane Cat 3 coming up the Gulf this week so Central FL will get some storm affects to affect peoples vacation plans and MCO delays.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

That is a clever costume! That is nice that you will be able to spend time with your brother, I hope you have fun together. I am a little sad that you aren't going to Epcot, but I understand that the cost of a day ticket is $$.

Thank you! :) Epcot was like 150 for the day. I did want to go, but as much as I love Epcot, it's not worth 150 for me to enter. That's the downside of shorter trips, it's more costly. But I had fun at MNSSHP. :) This was just a bonus trip. I was happy to get pool time, more sun and walking to DS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom