Working at Disney- Ruin the Magic???

AylaRanzz

I did CP in 99 and it was a great experience....although during Orientation we toured the tunnels at MK and I saw Prince Charming and Peter Pan kiss in a breakroom..that dashed any hopes of being PCs next Cinderella..:ROFLOL:I worked as a CM at AK in the boneyard...for I while I would cringe when I heard any other music played in there, now I hear it and smile. I am still a Disney fanatic with 2 boys of my own that also love WDW....they asked at least once a month when we are going back to Disney World...and my 5 year old says he only likes to go on the interstate when we are going to the world. So, did it ruin the magic, not at all and I still recommend the CP to anyone who asked, and often do to those who don't..lol...

I have a friend who worked there for a couple of years and said that on her first day she saw Aladdin and Prince Charming kissing in the breakroom and she was telling me last night how she's never met a Peter Pan who was straight. lol.

She said that she loved it and if she could she'd still be working there now and sometimes thinks about going back part time. She goes a lot still and has told me tons of "Disney secrets" and for me, nothing that she has told me has ruined anything for me. I'm still looking forward to going back just as much as I did before my last trip and if I had more money saved up, I'd even think about going down and working there. I always say that if I won millions in the lottery then I'd go work there cause I wouldn't have to rely on that money to support myself. lol.

I_heart_Tigger

I have a friend who worked there for a couple of years and said that on her first day she saw Aladdin and Prince Charming kissing in the breakroom and she was telling me last night how she's never met a Peter Pan who was straight. lol.

When I worked there Aladdin was dating Arnold Schwartzenegger from the Terminator 3d attraction at Universal - we used to joke that it was a modern day Romeo & Julio - the Capulets (Disney) vs the Montagues (Universal)

jtizzle1023

Im going to be doing the College Program starting in April working in attractions. I honestly can say that it is a dream come true to get the position. I understand that I am going to see a different side of the company but as a college student aspiring to work for the company full time after school, it can be a great way to get going or to experience the magic even better

muse1983

Here's a tid bit, insider for you---If you have the lucky chance to see the LAST Christmas Parade of the season, watch carefully!! You may accidentally see the cast members handing something to one another----it starts at the front of the parade and eventually ends in the hands of the last person of the parade! ;) As far as I know, it's still a tradition amongst the parade group!

Ok surely I cant be the only one who wants you to elaborate here:lol:

Coach81

Original Poster
It only ruins the magic if you let it. My first week I was backstage and saw a girl wearing the Mickey costume but she had the head off and was leaning on it, smoking a cigarette and screaming at her boyfriend on her cell phone.

But...

I went to the parks all the time on my days off, met the most amazing people and have friends now that I still see that worked with me 15 years ago. We are actually having a 15 year reunion in September at WDW.

I've been back on vacation a dozen times since then and, you know when you check into your resort and they say "Welcome Home" well it feels more special for me because it was my home for 18 months.

Besides, how many people can say that Belle is their best friend and that they used to date Tigger - btw he is a bouncy and wonderful thing :animwink::lookaroun

So funny!!!!

Im going to be doing the College Program starting in April working in attractions. I honestly can say that it is a dream come true to get the position. I understand that I am going to see a different side of the company but as a college student aspiring to work for the company full time after school, it can be a great way to get going or to experience the magic even better

Good for you, and good luck!

Ok surely I cant be the only one who wants you to elaborate here:lol:

oh yeah... details.. please!!!

SulleyanBoo

Awesome! Don't take one moment for granted and soak it all in because it goes by fast but it is an awesome experience. You will meet tons of cool people. Good luck and have fun!:wave:

joanna71985

Have fun! I did attractions on 2 different CPs, and I enjoyed it a lot

lpet11984

Finding this thread fascinating... and also feeling a little like I should have applied for the CP when I had the chance. Oh well- there's always retirement, I suppose! Now I'm in the same boat of "owing too many people too much money" ;)

Coach81

Original Poster
Spoke with one of my young clients... he said he plans to intern at Disney after he graduates.... I told hime to keep me informed of all the "behind the scene scoop"!

DisneyDebNJ

When I first started, it was so amazing. I loved the attraction I was at, and the Cast Members I worked with. They were very fun, and made work a wonderful place.

Then came the guests. While working, you will (WILL) meet the lowest scum of the Earth. They will scam you left and right, lying straight to your face, yell at you, attempt to hit you, tell you that you were the reason their vacation is ruined, attempt to fire you, make fun of you, threaten you and make you realize that no magic in the world is worth this.

If you can deal with that on a constant basis, then you'll love it.

I have said this before and I will say it again ..... working at Disney has to be one of the hardest jobs there is, especially being a character during the dog days of summer. I have never worked, or considered working on any Disney property, but love going as a tourist! I have seen so many guests treat the Characters like garbage, it was a shame. Kudos to ALL CMs, you're all more patient, and better people than I am or ever will be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom