Work at Wonder of Life? (Pics)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Something going on at the Wonder of Life pavilion...

It's not obvious at first, but then something caught my eye in the bushes. There bright yellow "DO NOT CROSS" tape strung around an area amid the trees off to the left side of the entrance path.

It's a large area, it creates a dug-out crater, and it's where the old support structure and pond for the base of the entrance arch (the one that's now the MK archway at the autoplaza) used to be.

Here's the first photo showing the tape I managed get (the rest are pending, it was dusk, so i dunno if they'll come out).

wonder1.jpg

I don't know how long it's been there.. but it seems new. No dirt/grime on the shiny yellow tape, and it's not frayed or worn at all. You'd think somone would have noticed it before if it's been around too. Let me see if any other photos came out.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So this seems to be the only other photo that came out of the "Do not Cross" tape.. Same angle, just with a flash, I tried different angles, but it was shooting into dense folliage at dusk, sorry :(

wonder4.jpg

Anywho.. This is what remains of the old arch. This is the current sign for the entrance of the pavilion.

wonder2.jpg

The silver base is what the old arch used the rest on. I think the empty fountain basin at the bottom would of been the same on the opposite side of the pathway - parallel to main pathway of Future World - and well, that's where this big hole in the ground that has tape around it is.

So, here's a look at the current big empty fountain basin on the right hand side (to avoid confusion this is not the big hole in question, that's on the LEFT hand side)

wonder3.jpg

But, if i was going to be an arch's support and it's pond on the opposite side of the walkway and then later overgrown with bushes and trees - i'd be where that big hole in the ground current is and surround by yellow tape that says "Do Not Cross."

And suprisingly, the two areas are roughly the same size. What do you think?

brkgnews

Very interesting. If the pavilion does turn out to be open for one last blast in late November, I'll definitely have to devote a large portion of my 1gig photo drive to it.

DisneyMusician2

I hope it means they are FINALLY doing some work and reopening that pavillion. It was one of my favorites in Epcot, and I miss a lot of the stuff. It could also help to bring back some of the edu feeling to the park that I feel has started to become missing over the past couple of years.

PintoColvig

I hope it means they are FINALLY doing some work and reopening that pavillion. It was one of my favorites in Epcot, and I miss a lot of the stuff. It could also help to bring back some of the edu feeling to the park that I feel has started to become missing over the past couple of years.
I'm not holding my breath but since I'm going to be there in mid-December, I am crossing my fingers.

DisneyMusician2

I know there is an opening scheduled for late in the year, but I really hope they will begin to keep the pavillion open year-round again and revamp it back to some of what it used to be.

It is supposed to be open from Nov. 25 through the new year.

ears2you

MY POINT EXACTLY!!!

i want my Wonders of Life BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Vernonpush

I know there is an opening scheduled for late in the year, but I really hope they will begin to keep the pavillion open year-round again and revamp it back to some of what it used to be.

It is supposed to be open from Nov. 25 through the new year.

Maybe they have a Sponsor who might be interested in the pavillion, and Disney wants to show off what's there with guests inside. (I know, wishful thinking.)

Teenchy

Interesting. Thanks for the update and pictures.

I'm so glad Merf found something to investigate for us now that Nemo is up and running!.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom