Won't be going back there again

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It takes a lot before I'll say "Never again". Thus far there's only one restaurant at WDW that has met that threshold, Liberty Tree Tavern.

I was never terribly thrilled with their AYCTE menu, bland thanksgiving dinner that appears to be the restaurant equivalent of a Stouffer's TV dinner. But it wasn't bad food, just unappealing and we would probably still go if that were the only thing. I had three incredibly bad servers at three different meals:

• One showed up after about 15 minutes to take our order and then never stopped at our table again, other servers delivered our food and drinks and no-one stopped to see if everything was OK or if we needed refills of drinks, no-one asked if we wanted more of anything and after sitting for twenty minutes with empty plates a Character handler CM came over and asked if we were OK. I was quite upset by this time, but she went and got a Manager, they comped the meal... We never got dessert.
  • One had the least friendly personality I've ever experienced with a server. He delivered things without comment or acknowledgement when I said thank you, drinks were never refilled and dessert was cold when it was delivered, he never came by again, another server dropped the bill off. I ordered drinks with souvenir mugs and we had trouble getting them because he hadn't rung the drinks in properly.
  • The last was moving so fast every time she was in our vicinity and ignoring us that it was just not an enjoyable experience at all.
So LTT is never likely to see us again unless it's booked as a group meal for something we've signed up for that other people are choosing the restaurant.

Dad 2 M & M

I always go to Sci-Fi for dinner but just ask if I can order a burger and fries. It's never a problem so you can do that if you want next time.
I was wondering if Sci Fi would grant the burger and fry request at dinner...I assumed they would. Most WDW will do their best to honor any reasonable request.

Thanks for the info.

Andrew54

I can't believe the people bashing the Prime Time for the cast memebers being in character and giving the guests a hard time. It is expected and it you can't take a joke, dont eat there. If you think Prime Time is bad go eat at a D*ck's Last Resort.

flavious27

Norway. They have changed the menu since I ate there last, but now it is a character meal.

Sci Fi. Food was nothing special for CS food in a TS environment.

flavious27

For some people, Whispering Canyon and Primetime are not right for. I have seen these people before, mostly at Whispering Canyon. You can tell them by the astonished look of disbelief about what's happening and tense response to the antics. I bet these people were told by friends or family members you need to go here, you will have a great time and don't really explain what the experience really will be like. I do feel bad for them, especially the ones at breakfast time. Even with the more subdued breakfast you can tell the families that are uncomfortable, they really stand out. If you get to many it really affects the mood of the place.

I wish everyone enjoyed Whispering Canyon as much as me and my family, but I get that not everyone will. So I don't get upset when people say they won't ever eat here again. Like many things, it's an acquired taste. All I can do is wish them luck finding more suitable places to dine. That's the reason WDW has so many choices, something for everyone. From Whispering Canyon all the way to Victoria and Alberts.

What is the atmosphere like?

harryk

Has a western atmosphere with dining room open to the main lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. Can be quite loud at times but have also dined there when it was very quiet. Whole area seems to be designed for fun, and a good time. If you don't have a good time or don't want to get into it with the cast and other diners - don't go there.

flavious27

Has a western atmosphere with dining room open to the main lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. Can be quite loud at times but have also dined there when it was very quiet. Whole area seems to be designed for fun, and a good time. If you don't have a good time or don't want to get into it with the cast and other diners - don't go there.

So like hoop dee doo without the show and the $50 per person price tag?

NewfieFan

Another vote for Sci-Fi!

I only ate there once and I should give it another chance but it will be a long time from now!

I had the chicken sandwich and it was just blah! My husband had the ribs and said he enjoys the ones at Flame Tree BBQ a lot more and for less. The place is really dark... too dark - I couldn't see my food at all! My husband dropped a piece of food on his clothes and it was so dark we couldn't find it to clean it up! The kids got a kick out of sitting in a car but they were a little scared of some of the clips on the screen.

So for all those reasons combined it will be a while before we dine at the Sci-Fi!

So where is a good place to eat in DHS? The CS is bad and the restaurants are nothing to write home about either!?!

flavious27

Another vote for Sci-Fi!

I only ate there once and I should give it another chance but it will be a long time from now!

I had the chicken sandwich and it was just blah! My husband had the ribs and said he enjoys the ones at Flame Tree BBQ a lot more and for less. The place is really dark... too dark - I couldn't see my food at all! My husband dropped a piece of food on his clothes and it was so dark we couldn't find it to clean it up! The kids got a kick out of sitting in a car but they were a little scared of some of the clips on the screen.

So for all those reasons combined it will be a while before we dine at the Sci-Fi!

So where is a good place to eat in DHS? The CS is bad and the restaurants are nothing to write home about either!?!

We ate at the brown derby, the food was good but it was 2 TS points and not worth it at that price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom