Wonders of Life???

AEfx

Gut. Build new attraction with new theme.

"Wonders of Life" felt weird and cheesy in the 80's when it was new. It's just difficult to Disney-fy that topic, to most families reproduction isn't something to address on vacation at Disney World, and frankly medical "knowledge" changes so frequently that it's just outdated by the time they've added whatever they can add.

Just go bye-bye, use the space for a new pavilion. Which we'll never get, but it would be better than the cemetery of abandoned, not-great-idea-to-begin-with attraction space it is now. I was in it a few years ago before it finally closed for the last time - just a big convention space, yes, they could have revolving exhibits and such but really - the medical community is constantly arguing, and the last thing we need is Disney getting involved. It's just a poor idea to begin with on so many levels.

RSoxNo1

There was a rumor a while ago about Wonders of Life and The Universe of Energy being demolished for a new attraction sponsored by Dupont. I'd say this rumor was at least 5 years old, and I believe the only place I saw it was Screamscape.

CoasterKing

Still no rumors other than on this board. If something were to be in place by 2012 then why are they continuing to use it for F&W and F&G?

Hey Raven,

Do you know why they can't open Cranium Command when they do open Wonders of Life for F&W and F&G?? Do they believe the costs to run and staff it would not be worth it? Is Body Wars still intact as well, cause I guess the same thing could apply to it as well?

Thanks,
CoasterKing
:king:

muteki

Gut. Build new attraction with new theme.

"Wonders of Life" felt weird and cheesy in the 80's when it was new.

Ironically, I think it would fit better in today's current mish-mash of themes at Epcot then when it was first introduced. Everything back then worked together so well, that WoL stuck out like a sore thumb in comparison. Today, with the pavilions as they are, WoL makes more sense (though the content could be spruced up a bit).

I always was a fan of the "Weather" themed idea for the pavilion.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I wouldn't mind them moving a new version of Kitchen Kabaret then opening body wars and cranium command back up with updates.

TropicalFig8

I wouldn't mind them moving a new version of Kitchen Kabaret then opening body wars and cranium command back up with updates.

That's a great idea but where would Kitchen Kabaret go? The theater where they had Making of Me might be a little too small to put it there. I guess they could make space somewhere.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
That's a great idea but where would Kitchen Kabaret go? The theater where they had Making of Me might be a little too small to put it there. I guess they could make space somewhere.

Demolish Making of me, Goofy about Health and Anacomical players, then probably use some extra space and put it in the middle. But it could be open-house with like two bench rows.. or if they've done something to Body Wars, they could probably re-shape that section

JeffH

A retheming to the Wonders of Living would work...

Like Soarin', and taking from the new Star Tours 2, if they rethemed Body Wars from it's gross/boring/repeating body trip (which IMHO killed the pavilion) to a warp shuttle flight to visit the Wonders of Life (amazing places and events)...
Alternating animated pilots (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie...), or a figment robot.
Dramatic lift off from Epcot, seen from the outside via the side monitors, as well as through the 3D front window.
then warp to a random wonder of the world/events (cue exciting warp affects)
after warping to see several random wonders of the world/events
a random 'gone-wrong' ending is encountered where the shuttle:
ends up (temporarily) lost in space (space station/mission-space encounter?) with a loss of cabin pressure (hissing) or en encounter with aliens or a Star Tours ship...
ends up deep under water (20,000 leagues?) where it springs a leak (getting the passengers a bit wet in the process)
ends up deep underground where it encounters a lost world of prehistoric dinosaurs and underground volcanoes which it gets too close to and warm smoke leaks into the cabin...
CRANIUM COMMAND is already a great attraction, so they'd just have to re-purpose the middle of the pavilion.
ITS REALLY SAD TO SEE ONE OF Epcot's NEWEST PAVILIONS SHUT DOWN.

AEfx

Ironically, I think it would fit better in today's current mish-mash of themes at Epcot then when it was first introduced. Everything back then worked together so well, that WoL stuck out like a sore thumb in comparison. Today, with the pavilions as they are, WoL makes more sense (though the content could be spruced up a bit).

Now THAT I would go for.

You could make some bad-butt awesome attractions around that theme. Fun, informative, and thrilling.

jgz1

Microsoft? I doubt it

Steve Jobs is the largest single shareholder of Disney, something like 7.5% of the company shares are his. Does anyone think he would let Microsoft become a major sponsor? And maybe Microsoft should get their own businesses in oder first.

kev24135

Im not against that idea but i think that sounds too similar to the whole idea of the land pavillion, i doubt disney would go for it.

BlueLightningTN

Steve Jobs is the largest single shareholder of Disney, something like 7.5% of the company shares are his. Does anyone think he would let Microsoft become a major sponsor? And maybe Microsoft should get their own businesses in oder first.

Microsoft has an estimated 50 billion dollars on hand currently for spending purposes. They're doing just fine.

raven

Hey Raven,

Do you know why they can't open Cranium Command when they do open Wonders of Life for F&W and F&G?? Do they believe the costs to run and staff it would not be worth it? Is Body Wars still intact as well, cause I guess the same thing could apply to it as well?

Thanks,
CoasterKing
:king:

Both queues for Body Wars and Cranium Command are being used. BW semi-permanently for a WDI project, Cranium Command queue for staging purposes for the festivals and private events. Cranium Command's control panels in the queue areas have been dismantled. While the films are intact it would take some MAJOR work and money to get it back to it's former glory.

stratman50th

Spoken like a true MAC fanboy.......

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Both queues for Body Wars and Cranium Command are being used. BW semi-permanently for a WDI project, Cranium Command queue for staging purposes for the festivals and private events. Cranium Command's control panels in the queue areas have been dismantled. While the films are intact it would take some MAJOR work and money to get it back to it's former glory.

This is really sad to hear. Even tho we all know that Disney can do it right. It's almost like eating 5 Mcdonalds Burgers compared to the Fantasyland expansion! It would be just as easy as re-theming Star Tours with it's 52 different rides or bringing back the original Tiki Room. I'm sure if Cranium Command was re-built, and a new ride in place of Body Wars was built, the pavilion could be known for some major D or E-ticket attractions with some new smaller attractions in the middle, or just opened for the seasonal events would be my cup of tea. Anything so that I can see Cranium Command.

It's always worthless e-mailing WDW. "There are no plans for a refurbishment on the Country Bear Jamboree during this year, so it's okay! You will not miss it!" :rolleyes:

I e-mailed them about Cranium Command and Body Wars, I was shocked enough that they'd even mention their names. I would think they'd just say "Wonders of Life is currently in seasonal operation and may not be open during your visit". Instead they said "We have no plans for Body Wars or Cranium Command for a re-opening anytime soon... please enjoy other attractions in EPCOT such as Journey into your Imagination with...."

Okay the imagination part I made up. :lol: ;)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

raven

It's always worthless e-mailing WDW. "There are no plans for a refurbishment on the Country Bear Jamboree during this year, so it's okay! You will not miss it!" :rolleyes:

Not this year at least. :animwink:

I e-mailed them about Cranium Command and Body Wars, I was shocked enough that they'd even mention their names. I would think they'd just say "Wonders of Life is currently in seasonal operation and may not be open during your visit". Instead they said "We have no plans for Body Wars or Cranium Command for a re-opening anytime soon... please enjoy other attractions in EPCOT such as Journey into your Imagination with...."

Okay the imagination part I made up. :lol: ;)

Coulda been worse. You coulda said "Circle of Life."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom