Wonders of Life to Open Through August

AEfx

"Open Seasonally" during a certain month does not mean "this attraction will be open". There are people on other Disney boards that are having the same confusion. Disney lists these things for tax purposes, not because they actually intend upon opening the attraction. It seems they have corrected this now in regards to WoL.

WoL will not be opening any time soon. I'm one of those that believes that it will never return (more than one reliable source has said Body Wars isn't operational any more, and without that the pavillion has nada), but I think you can be relatively secure in knowing it won't be open in August.

AEfx

PhilharMagician

EpcotMark said:
Its staying closed guys, at least until November. I work in the area, trust me.

That would be my assumption. If it did not open for the July 4th weekend, I do not think it will open till at least Thanksgiving. Now last year even Timekeeper opened for Thanksgiving, but WOL did not. So maybe it will never open its doors for us again.

DDuck1974

The WDW website said that it would be open during the first week in May when my wife and I went down, but it never opened and cast members we asked seemed shocked that this information was on the website.

Imaginationeer

I hate to break the news to you, but even the WDW website says it is closed in August! I can't understand why people can not accept that it is gone, and will not open again! I loved the pavillion just as much as the next person and i was there on the last day of operation in January and know for sure that the only thing that can now function in the building is the goofy cartoon area. RIP:WOL

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I thought someone had posted that a lot of the inside had been gutted? If so - it would be pointless to even talk about opening it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i wish everyones dream could come true.... but i think that you might want to set asside $15 for the Extinct Attractions Tribute. :rolleyes:

hokielutz

Since someone says that Body Wars has lost the battle with itself, it may make sense to rip it apart and rebuild Horizons in that space...

jmvd20

hokielutz said:
Since someone says that Body Wars has lost the battle with itself, it may make sense to rip it apart and rebuild Horizons in that space...

:lol: That'll make this thread more interesting :lookaroun

Frank Stallone

According to a cast member very high up on the totem pole (blue ID with a gold stripe, for those in the know), Wonders of Life is currently scheduled to be open 5 weeks a year. The week of Thanksgiving, as well as the last three weeks of December and first of January.

Disney is still waiting for a new participant to sponsor the pavilion, and is ready and willing to replace the attractions on the inside at the request of the participant.

If and when it does reopen, it will more than likely not be known as "Wonders of Life", as the pavilion will more than likely have an entirely new theme.

Discuss.

Frank Stallone

unkadug said:
Maybe it will be called The Wonders of Demolition. :animwink:

Doubtful. Unlike Horizons, Wonders of Life is easily able to be modified into a completely different themed pavilion. Horizons was a construction maze, and was just too hard to be modified. Which is why it is the only pavilion to be entirely demolished to make way for a new pavilion.

wannab@dis

Frank Stallone said:
Doubtful. Unlike Horizons, Wonders of Life is easily able to be modified into a completely different themed pavilion. Horizons was a construction maze, and was just too hard to be modified. Which is why it is the only pavilion to be entirely demolished to make way for a new pavilion.
Sorry... not true. :wave:

It was sinking... the structure was failing right along with the attraction. It had to be demolished.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Frank Stallone said:
I was referring to the rumours that the attractions inside the pavilion have already been demolished.

Frank Stallone

wannab@dis said:
Sorry... not true. :wave:

It was sinking... the structure was failing right along with the attraction. It had to be demolished.

Thanks for the correction. This was never mentioned when we were looking at the blueprints/pictures and how much of a hassle it would have been to put in a replacement, and just easier to tear it down.

But back to the point of the thread, I doubt Disney (and more importantly, the participant) want to pay to demolish a pavilion that is in fine working order. On top of that, the attractions are so easily replaceable, that demolishing the pavilion as a whole seems idiotic.

One company was incredibly close to signing on as a participant a little over a year and a half ago, but decided to pay less to sponsor an attraction in a smaller pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom