Wonders of Life to Open Through August

WDWScottieBoy

From disneyworld.com:

OPERATIONAL UPDATES

* Body Wars: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [August 1, 2006 to August 31, 2006]
* Cranium Command: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [August 1, 2006 to August 31, 2006]
* The Making of Me: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [August 1, 2006 to August 31, 2006]

DisneyRoxMySox

wannab@dis said:
Sorry... not true. :wave:

It was sinking... the structure was failing right along with the attraction. It had to be demolished.

I thought that was a rumor and it was put to rest, as the M:S pavillion sits on the same ground and isn't sinking.

tirian

Last December, WoL was never supposed to reopen--never. However, it was later added to the seasonal attractions list; and since Disney still hosts events in this pavilion, those of us CMs who have attended these events know that the place is not completely gutted. It has limited functionality, but is not ripped apart.

Thus, it is feasible for the pavilion to reopen for the Christmas/New Year's rush, but it isn't official. Disney is indeed courting companies to sponsor a new area, but the proposed replacement has been kept confidential. No significant leaks have come out yet. As of now, there are no official plans for WoL except for it to stand there until a new sponsorship arrives.

tirian

wannab@dis said:

It was sinking... the structure was failing right along with the attraction. It had to be demolished.

Supposedly, the pond surrounding the front of the old Odyssey restaurant is sinking.

CThaddeus

A serious request for anyone should the pavilion reopen (or should you already have them): I would be happy to pay a reasonable amount (ie. $20 or so for both, plus shipping, cost of supplies, etc.) for good-quality copies of The Making of Me and Goofy About Health. VHS or DVD is fine, but I got terrible copies the last time I was there and would love to have something better. If you have either or both, or have the opportunity to get them, please let me know. I appreciate any help on this, and I'd be happy to trade anything I might have you're looking for!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
wannab@dis said:

Just one rumour, and the least likely given the CM walk throughs and it`s constant reopening.

wannab@dis

marni1971 said:
Just one rumour, and the least likely given the CM walk throughs and it`s constant reopening.
What the heck are you talking about? Go back and check the post again... we were discussing Horizons. :wave:

tirian

The ground below the pond is supposedly sinking!

:eek:

I typed the previous post way too fast! Sorry!

Anyway, the Vice President's wife's hairdresser's daughter's friend told me that Horizons was going to collapse into a sinkhole. ;) Construction people told me that it was too difficult to build the M:S centrifuges without constructing an entirely new building.

Austin1

OK, quick question. It's kinda off topic but... when I was down there in May I was gonna sneack into WOL the last day of our trip. My friends wouldn't let me cause they thought we would get kicked out of the park. So, what would have happend if I had gone up there? It's kinda out of the way I doubt anyone would have seen me.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
STR8FAN2005 said:
I don't see how contributions to a charitable organization are unecessary. Obviously, Disney isn't paying the girl enough money, she's wasting away to nothing.
LOL!:drevil:

colliera

I saw this as well

While doing some planning for a late October trip I saw that as well.

Edit: Never mind. While trying to edit in the links for August for December and test the links the official WDW website had no operational updates for Epcot move around through October to December. Apparently the calendar link to their database that builds these pages is acting "goofy".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom