Wonders of Life to Open Through August

DisneyEmily

Hello

As for the rumors that it has been domolished inside, that is false. I am a cast member going down in december to work at the Canada pavillion, and some of the training I believe is in the Wonders of life building. I have seen pictures of the inside while it has been closed and everything is still there and ready to be used.

Philmvt

Wonders of an expired life ?

I hope that over the length of time the WOL has been shuttered that a refurbishment is going on, but have seen no rumor strand of that ilk. All refurbish focus has been across the park under the Living Seas...

25 anniversary is coming, who knows, besides the Imagineers, what's in store with WOL?

jmvd20

unkadug said:
The water leaks out the bottom ?!?!

Thusly, sinking. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for clearing up the whole pond sinkage issue, I was really scratching my head for a while there! :veryconfu

:D

JeffH

Making a pavilion popular

WoL failed because the attractions (aside from Cranium Command) didn't foster return visits.
Cranium Command, and it's pre-show was classic multi-visit Disney attraction, keep it.
Body Wars, was exciting (and nauseating), but driving around in the inside of a strangers body is the LAST place I want to be. THIS ATTRACTION could be easily be retooled in the same vein as Soarin'...instead of Body Wars, call it Wonders of Life (and rename the pavilion the Life pavilion)...and instead feature a "warp" shuttle ride to visit many of life's wonders in our Universe. Imagine lifting off from Epcot, then shooting though a weaving-warp-wormhole (ala StarGate) popping out for a quick fly by the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids, then quickly back into another wormhole to visit another amazing wonder of the world or amazing vista. Another visit could be to an active underwater volcano. The adventure could then continue in space for a visit to the space station and maybe a flight through Saturn's rings. Then maybe the pilot (or Stitch) knocks his cup of java into the controls sending us out of control heading into the sun or straight for a comet or vanishing to a distant strange part of the Galaxy (like in Star Trek The Next Generation's "Where No One Has Gone Before"). Finally, the pilot gets control back (just as approach a DeathStar with a Star Tours ship in the distance for a little inter-park joke) and gets us back to Epcot for a gentle return to our landing bay at the Life pavilion.
Like Soarin', I'd ride this EVERY chance I had...get a fast pass, see CC, ride it.
-----
Although cute and "informative", the Making of Me was basically a see one time attraction, and a waste of valuable interior space, which would be better served providing additional dining space and hands on things to do.
-----
The center stage activities were a waste of space as well, perhaps an open play area (like a giant ball pit with giant spider maze above it to climb through) the kids play while the parents sit watching while enjoying a smoothie, and the teens are riding the Wonders of Life over and over...
-----
They would need to then add another attraction building outside the main building, with access from inside the building for a new Life (sponsor) themed attraction to round out the now super popular attraction...perhaps an educational dark ride that teaches of the amazing complexity and diversity of life, with close encounters with dinos (of course), leopards, birds, fish and such utilizing some of the new Nemo holo technology we've been hearing about?

dxwwf3

I was fortunate enough to spend a lot of time in WoL last December and it was really the highlight of the trip. I never really appreciated how great the 3 major attractions in that pavilion were. And God knows it had one of the best area loops ever as well. This pavilion did not age well though and while I was sad to see everything for the last time, I can totally see why it closing. While I would still take Body Wars over Mission Space or Test Track any day, it does have a late 80's feel to it. As does the whole pavilion.

There could be a lot of great things done in that area and I hope Disney decides to do something there in the future. But this is one case where I wouldn't really fault them for letting the pavilion sit empty for a short amount of time. It would be great for us visitors though if they decide to put an attraction or better yet a pavilion there in the future.

jmvd20

wickedfan07 said:
On disneyworld.com, Body Wars, Cranium Command and The Making of Me are listed as temporarily closed through December. However, in January, Body Wars is the only attraction listed as closed.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/refurbishmentslisting/index?id=EPCalendarRefurbishmentsListingPage&date=20070101

I wouldn't pay much attention to that. The WDW website is updated sporadically at best. WoL will be listed as seasonal until an official announcement is made.

If WoL wasn't open for easter/4th I highly doubt it will ever open again.

wickedfan07

jmvd20 said:
I wouldn't pay much attention to that. The WDW website is updated sporadically at best. WoL will be listed as seasonal until an official announcement is made.

If WoL wasn't open for easter/4th I highly doubt it will ever open again.

I agree. I just found it weird that whoever updates their website put one attraction in, but didn't bother to add the rest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom